Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy campers?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10164717

"In Detroit, free-agent defensive tackle Cory Redding, the Lions' franchise player, does not intend to show up to any drills or the team's training complex until he has a new long-term contract."

"An opposite situation is unfolding in New Orleans, where the Saints signed their franchise defensive end Charles Grant to a seven-year contract worth up to $63 million. Grant is now happy; New Orleans' other defensive end, Pro Bowl selection Will Smith, is not."

Wonder what the Lions could get for Redding!

Comment

I understand why Will Smith isn't happy... He's scheduled to make squat this year, while the guy on the opposite side of the field makes a fortune doing the same job... I'd be pissed off too.

Redding will get a contract, Lions NEED that line to be as strong as it can possibly be... especially since we have little else good on defense.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Grady Jackson for the Falcons is also unhappy right now and unless given a new contract, which he won't be, he refuses to play and has also sued the Falcons.

Comment

Grady has a history of being po'd with his contracts. Wonder why he even signs em to begin with. He had a couple of productive years in GB but then the Pack let him walk to Atlanta because throughout the last year of deal he claimed he wasn't happy. This guy definetley overrates himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            I understand why Will Smith isn't happy... He's scheduled to make squat this year, while the guy on the opposite side of the field makes a fortune doing the same job... I'd be pissed off too.
            So why did he sign the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by JCshutEmDown View Post
              So why did he sign the contract?
              I believe it's still his rookie contract...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Neither Smith nor his agent has said anything public about his contract situation and I fully expect him to play out the rest of his rookie contract until it's time to re-up him in '10. Period.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  I believe it's still his rookie contract...
                  That's his fault for signing a 6 year rookie contract.

Comment

I think Will Smith needs to be patient and play out his rookie contract like Grant did, and he will be rewarded for his play like Grant was.

As of now he hasn't said anything public and I believe this is just an attempt to get some sort of early contract dialogue started with Loomis.

Comment

Greg Ellis in Dallas is once again unhappy with his situation. The drafting of Anthony Spencer puts his starting job in jeopardy for the second year in a row.

Comment

I've never understood the concern amongst the media or the front office if guys are happy.

Who gives a ****?

You can show up, get paid, do a good job, and make millions of dollars.

Or you can not show up, make nothing, and waste away the better part of your career.

Franchises need to start making a stand against players that don't understand how contracts and bargaining agreements work. Too often teams gets pushed into making a trade to save face and get some sort of value for a guy they don't feel they can work things out with. I'm sick of it, and if the Bears get absolutely nothing and Briggs doesn't show up I'm ok with that too, because it sends the message to every guy in the lockeroom that you honor your contract or you don't get paid. Stuff like the Packers trading Javon Walker simply cause he wants a quicker payday needs to stop.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by BX View Post
                          Greg Ellis in Dallas is once again unhappy with his situation. The drafting of Anthony Spencer puts his starting job in jeopardy for the second year in a row.
                          Maybe he should shut up and compete. What in the world makes a guy like Greg Ellis think anyone cares what he has to say? You're a marginal player that probably should have a young guy pushing him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                            Wonder what the Lions could get for Redding!
                            The Lions should deal him to the Skins in a deal that involves Shawn Springs

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              I've never understood the concern amongst the media or the front office if guys are happy.

Who gives a ****?

You can show up, get paid, do a good job, and make millions of dollars.

Or you can not show up, make nothing, and waste away the better part of your career.

Franchises need to start making a stand against players that don't understand how contracts and bargaining agreements work. Too often teams gets pushed into making a trade to save face and get some sort of value for a guy they don't feel they can work things out with. I'm sick of it, and if the Bears get absolutely nothing and Briggs doesn't show up I'm ok with that too, because it sends the message to every guy in the lockeroom that you honor your contract or you don't get paid. Stuff like the Packers trading Javon Walker simply cause he wants a quicker payday needs to stop.
                              ++++rep...I think that when teams just unload players for that reason is why there's so many players switching teams pretty much every year...it would be great if sports went back to the way they used to be when 90% of players stayed on a team for atleast like 7-8 years...instead now they switch teams ever 3 years so they can make an extra $1.5 million a year...I hope teams stop giving into players like that and make stands like the Bears are doing with Briggs to let the rest of the team know that if you want a raise or a new contract you earn it on the field not by sitting out like a b*tch

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information