No announcement yet.

Which teams will do worse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Tennessee is going to come back down to earth next year. They lost Travis Henry, who was a bigger part of their success than some Vince Young fans want to admit. Not only did they lose Henry, but they haven't replaced him with anyone and it appears that they are going to go with LenDale White and Chris Henry at RB. They really didn't improve the offense around Vince Young like they should've. They lost their two leading receivers from last year and replaced them with Paul Williams and Justin Gage. I don't expect a huge fall, but I think they are going to need some more offensive weapons before they get back to and improve on that 8-8 record of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      The thing that people have to remember about the Bears is that we still play in the North. That right there is going to keep our record at least about the mendoza line. I don't think we'll win 13 games next year either, but I'd be pretty suprised if we don't at least have a winning record.
      Yeah, NFC North is going to have a tough battle i feel. We are playing the NFC East which could be tough and also AFC West which is another tough divison to play. I think it will be a close divison but the Bears come out on top because of the defense and can score more than 20 a game. Unlike the vikings who give up 30 and allow 60 rushing yards a game and we can only score like 18 a game.

Im just going out on a limb here and saying Seattle will do the worse record wise. The NFC West has gotten stronger and im just unsure about them but i could be wrong.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

KC and Chicago probably. KC is entering their rebuilding stage, and as Sweetness said, Win/Loss wise, the Bears have to go down.

^Thanks BK!

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
          I think Tennessee is going to come back down to earth next year. They lost Travis Henry, who was a bigger part of their success than some Vince Young fans want to admit. Not only did they lose Henry, but they haven't replaced him with anyone and it appears that they are going to go with LenDale White and Chris Henry at RB. They really didn't improve the offense around Vince Young like they should've. They lost their two leading receivers from last year and replaced them with Paul Williams and Justin Gage. I don't expect a huge fall, but I think they are going to need some more offensive weapons before they get back to and improve on that 8-8 record of last year.
          I definitly agree, there RB & WR are the worst in the league. VJ scrambling ability won't matter if teams can zero in on him. Plus theres the big loss of Pacman, he was huge defensively and really helped on returns. They would have lost atleast 2 games last season without him, the Giants game and the second Jaguar game.

Even with Tennessee big drop in talent and playmakers I think Baltimore will have the bigger drop. Baltimore although a great defense did win alot of close games last season with come from behind victories at the end. Plus they play in a division with 2 other very good teams and have a first place schedule. I could easily see any of the Ravens/Steelers/Bengals taking the division. At 12-4 the Ravens can go 8-8 and it would be the same drop as the Titans going all the way down to 4-12.
          Last edited by ks_perfection; 05-05-2007, 11:50 PM.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

I agree with JT Jag, something has gotta give with the Colts. Averages will be met with at least one major player on that team.

Who? Not saying, I will hint that it will cost them at least two wins.

Not a promise, a threat...wait I got that wrong, its a promise...Nope just a hunch actually.

Comment

I think the Giants, Jets, Bears, and Chiefs will all have big dropoffs. As for the Titans, I highly doubt we'll be better than 8-8 but we won't go 4-12. Henry wasn't that big of a loss. He didn't anything for the Titans until Young began starting. Although the receivers could be better I think Brandon Jones is going to explode this year. I don't think we'll do worse than 7-9.

Comment

I think the Giants and Titans will fall off, and hard.

Comment

Chiefs, then the Titans. I think the Chiefs will have a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Kansas City, San Diego, Tennessee.
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

With teams like Arizona, Buffalo, San Francisco on the verge of becoming playoff contenders again (or for one of the few times in Arizona's case), there are teams I see as entering what will be a several years of struggle.

New York Giants
                      Philadelphia Eagles (feel bad for McNabb)
                      Washington Redskins
                      Kansas City Chiefs

Comment

Denver will be better

Comment

Originally posted by JC the Savior View Post
                          Denver will be better
                          Barring injury Henry is 1500+ yards. $ on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                            I agree with JT Jag, something has gotta give with the Colts. Averages will be met with at least one major player on that team.

Who? Not saying, I will hint that it will cost them at least two wins.

Not a promise, a threat...wait I got that wrong, its a promise...Nope just a hunch actually.
                            I'm glad Miss Cleo told you that. Personally though, after a fortune like that, I would have asked for my money back.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

As a Titans fan, I am duty-bound to predict the decline of the Colts....they've sustained significant losses on the defensive side of the ball in each of the past two offseasons (including four starters this year), but have done little to address it. Moreover, it appears that their division rivals have finally gotten the Colts' number....0-3 against the AFC South down the stretch last year.

No way do the Bears win 13 games next year.....and I'll step up and predict that once the smoke clears after a tight division race for the NFC West, Seattle misses the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                                No... they'll do worse because the law of averages will catch up to them eventually.

Which brings me to the Colts' amazing run of luck when it comes to injuries to major contributers. From 1999-2006, whilst they have been the winningest team in the NFL, there has only been one injury of note on their explosive offense--- the one to Edgerrin James in 2001, which was a big cause of the only losing record in Tony Dungy's career in Indy.

What happens to Indy if Peyton Manning goes down for 5-6 weeks? Answer: The team loses 4-5 games.
                                Wow, there are so many things wrong with this. 2001 was Jim Mora's final season as Colts Head Coach, not Dungy's first. What if Peyton Manning goes down for a long period of time? The same thing that happens to any other team that loses a major contributor, they lose a lot more frequently than they otherwise would. Fortunately for the Colts, Peyton Manning is a tough player, and has only had to miss one play in his career due to injury, and that was because he had to get his jaw wired shut, due to it being broken on the previous play. Using a hypothetical scenario to take away a major contributor from a team is a pretty weak argument, especially when said scenario has never happened during that player's career. Did you ever think the Colts' "luck" with injuries has to do with players knowing what to do in certain situations? This is why Marvin Harrison always goes out of bounds instead of taking extra punishment (but as a side note, he's played the past two seasons with various arm injuries), why Peyton Manning knows how to "take a sack", etc. Also, Dallas Clark has missed quite a few games due to injury over that time period, as has Brandon Stokley. So, the Colts have not been extremely lucky with injuries. Their best players offensively are durable, but IMO that's more of knowing what to look for in a player than luck. Also, how does the law of averages work out when a team has a QB that has the most comeback wins to his credit in the NFL since 2000?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information