Marc Bulger aka Mr. Under rated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    An opinion that is contrary to the evidence will always draw an adverse reaction.
    thats why he's 4th in TD passes...

Its not even stats. its the intangibles more then anything. Give me a list of the top 15 or so QBs and see how many are legitimately better then Eli....

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

Its not even stats. its the intangibles more then anything. Give me a list of the top 15 or so QBs and see how many are legitimately better then Eli....
      Give it up GRF. I'm a huge Eli fan, but he clearly isn't a top 10 QB until he proves that he can be consistant all season long. I've fought this battle before, you'll never win. There are way more Eli haters than Eli fans.

Comment

Ooh! 24 Touchdowns! Wow, and 18 interceptions with a 77% Passer Rating, he's great!.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

This thread has nothing to do with Eli Manning. If you want to rant, go elsewhere. (hint; you know, maybe the Eli Manning thread?)

Comment

What kind of intangibles, pray tell?

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Ok. Also, even when Bulger had 22 interceptions in 2003, he had a 81.4 rating, much better than that 77 rating of Manning.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

And Eli is a top 10 QB imo. people asked me to post my opinions, so i did so.
                I think he is barely Top-15.. people in this board seem too hate him too much.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                  Ok. Also, even when Bulger had 22 interceptions in 2003, he had a 81.4 rating, much better than that 77 rating of Manning.
                  The rating is a horrible way to measure QBs.

Comment

How many INT'S did he have last season ? (Hawkeye Fan beat me to it)

Eli is not a top 10 QB in the NFL right now that's it

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                      The rating is a horrible way to measure QBs.
                      "Horrible"? How? It combines relevant stats into an easy, comparable number. Is that why it's horrible?

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Intangibles are the worst part of Eli's game. He shows no leadership, he has no pocket presence, he's a *****, and he generally locks up in the clutch. His stats actually make him look better than he really is. As for your list.

People definately better:
                        1)Peyton
                        2)Brady
                        3)Palmer
                        4)Brees
                        5)Bulger
                        6)McNabb
                        7)Big Ben
                        8)Cutler
                        9)Hasselbeck
                        10)Vick
                        11)Pennington
                        12)Philip Rivers

People probably better:
                        13)Tony Romo
                        14)J.P Losman
                        15)Vince Young

People at about Eli's level:
                        16)Damon Huard
                        17)Steve McNair
                        18)Brett Favre
                        19)Rex Grossman
                        20)Alex Smith
                        21)Byron Leftwich

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think he is. He's more of a game changer then most of the QB's you guys mentioned. I watch him week in, week out. and I am telling you that theres something about the guy. I see the guy come through and put us in a position to win games a hell of a lot....

Im done with this topic and dont need to be baited into continuing this topic. I said my piece, and thats it. agree/disagree i dont really care.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            "Horrible"? How? It combines relevant stats into an easy, comparable number. Is that why it's horrible?
                            Any statistical formula is horrible, when used as the sole evaluating factor. Unless you think David Carr was a better QB last year than Tom Brady was. Even the NFL when they set up the system, stated this:

It is important to remember that the system is used to rate pass-ers, not quarterbacks. Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback.
                            NFL.com

So they never intended the Passer Rating as the primary way to quantify the Quarterback position.

Comment

Wheres the Eli Manning Forum?
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                This thread has nothing to do with Eli Manning. If you want to rant, go elsewhere. (hint; you know, maybe the Eli Manning thread?)
                                This thread really has no point either way.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information