Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panthers sign Smith to 3-year extension

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Receiver Steve Smith agreed to a three-year contract extension with the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday in a deal that will keep him with the team through the 2012 season.

His agent, Derrick Fox, said he wasn't authorized to release exact figures, but said Smith's new deal makes him among the five highest-paid receivers in the NFL.

He deserves to be paid as the 2nd best WR. My question; how are they going to pay for Julius Peppers?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      He deserves to be paid as the 2nd best WR
      Sounds awkward, care to elaborate?

Comment

He deserves to be paid as the 2nd best WR. My question; how are they going to pay for Julius Peppers?
        Hurney knows his way around the cap about as well as the Redskins front office does. It makes up for the fact that he doesn't know jack about players. Peppers will get an extension either this offseason or next, it's Jordan Gross who should be getting prepared for free agency

Comment

I'm sure that this deal offers some sort of cap relief for the Panthers over the next 2 years, so they will be able to move things around and give Peppers his money. I'm pretty sure that was a major reason why the Panthers extended Smith. Cap cutting move.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Smitty's old contract was pretty reasonable the next three years, something like 3.5 mil-4.5 mil each year. This was a good faith deal. From what I've heard its 6yrs/45mil spread out evenly throughout (so ~7.5 mil per). Pepp's cap number this upcoming season is like 15mil so if anyone restructuring/extending is going to help, it would be Julius

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
              Sounds awkward, care to elaborate?
              My WR rankings go..

Marvin Harrison
              Steve Smith

So it seems fitting to me.

Comment

My WR rankings go..

Marvin Harrison
                Steve Smith

So it seems fitting to me.
                This is good for Steve. he deserves it.

As far as the best WR in the league goes it's Ocho Cinco for me.

Comment

Chad Johnson wishes he was as good as Marvin Harrison, or Torry Holt for that matter.

Comment

Chad Johnson wishes he was as good as Marvin Harrison, or Torry Holt for that matter.
                    Torry Holt?

Seriously?

Tory Holt?

Comment

When Chad Johnson has six consecutive seasons of 1,300 yards, tell me. Holt is one year older, and has accomplished much more in his career than Johnson has.

Comment

Torry Holt is a fantastic WR. He is amazingly consistent and puts up great numbers every year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                          Torry Holt?

Seriously?

Tory Holt?
                          The 2nd best WR in the NFL now.. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Torry Holt is a fantastic WR. He is amazingly consistent and puts up great numbers every year.
                            He doesn't have a catchy nickname, that he gave himself. He isn't a blatant self-promoter who thinks he's God's gift to the world. Therefore he must not be as good as Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson.

Comment

Ooooh. Shiver's laying it down today.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information