Panthers sign Smith to 3-year extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    He doesn't have a catchy nickname, that he gave himself. He isn't a blatant self-promoter who thinks he's God's gift to the world. Therefore he must not be as good as Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson.
    So we should give Torry Holt a nickname...

how about "the Ho"?
    or... "TH"
    or... 'the Holtster'
    or... 'Hoto'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Ooooh. Shiver's laying it down today.
      I'm much more antagonistic in the off-season.

Comment

Torry Holt has a nickname, its "Big Game".

Have you never heard him called Torry "Big Game" Holt.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torry_Holt its even on wikipedia.

Its Marvin Harrison who doesn't have a nickname, but he's still the best.

Comment

But did he give himself that nickname? Did he make sure that everyone knows and uses it? It's not so much that Chad Johnson has a nick, and a stupid one at that, but that he gave it to himself.
          Last edited by Shiver; 05-08-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Chad Johnson is a fantastic WR, but look at Holt's stats the last 4 seasons:

2003: 117 catches, 1696 yards, 12 TD's
            2004: 94 catches, 1372 yards, 10 TD's
            2005: 102 catches, 1331 yards, 9 TD's
            2006: 93 catches, 1188 yards, 10 TD's

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

He deserves to be paid as the 2nd best WR. My question; how are they going to pay for Julius Peppers?

Love the sig

Comment

Huh, I always assumed Torry gave that nickname to himself just because he says it every time the camera comes around. I wonder who really gave it to him. Actually, how do we know who gave either player their nicknames? How do we know that Chad wasn't hanging out with TJ and some friends, and somebody else said it? Really don't see much of a difference between the two. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Marc Bulger indirectly questioning Holt's (and other players') heart at the end of last season? I'm not trying to bash the guy, I think he is an elite WR. I'm just wondering why people feel the need to cast Chad in a negative light, when he and Holt don't seem to be all that different.

Comment

I've longed cringed when someone mentions Chad Johnson as the best WR in the league. Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy Chad - he's the funniest player in the league (some of his quotes are complete gems) and he brings energy to the game - but he's either too inconsistent or lacking in facets of his game for that to be the case.

I'm not sure his teammate TJ Houshmanzadeh isn't the better receiver of the two, quite honestly.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                    Huh, I always assumed Torry gave that nickname to himself just because he says it every time the camera comes around.
                    He did give himself the nickname, mainly because he thinks he's better than he actually is.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I also think Tory Holt is number 2. Smith is number 3. Marvin is number 1.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

But did he give himself that nickname? Did he make sure that everyone knows and uses it? It's not so much that Chad Johnson has a nick, and a stupid one at that, but that he gave it to himself.
                        Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how Chad giving himself the nickname "Ocho Cinco" is stupid.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Leave it to us fine folks here at NFLDC to turn a thread about Steve Smith's contract extension into an argument about 2 other WR's and their nicknames.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                            This is good for Steve. he deserves it.

As far as the best WR in the league goes it's Ocho Cinco for me.
                            1. Torry Holt
                            2. Ocho Cinco
                            3. Randy Moss
                            4. Steve Smith
                            5. Marvin Harrison

Peyton MAKES Marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                              Peyton MAKES Marvin.
                              And those superb precise routes (especially double moves) has nothing to do with Harrison being wide open on a consistent basis. Nothing at all.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                And those superb precise routes (especially double moves) has nothing to do with Harrison being wide open on a consistent basis. Nothing at all.
                                Or one handed catches. Or the foot dragging catches, just in bounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information