Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neo View Post
    Did i ever call them a shoe in?
    I said I dont believe the rest of the NFC east has improved enough or the eagles have got bad enough to buck current trends. (alot of people tend to agree)

Checkmate
    You have stated maybe hundreds of times now, that they will win the division with no problem .So many many many many many many times, in this thread. You said it wasn't going to be competitive. Looks your the one backing off your statements now.

And, oh when you put stuff like "checkmate" and "end of discussion", does that make you feel better, do you really believe it's going to end because you say so? Becuase in honestly newbie, you seem like a douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      Many would have said the same about the Bears in the North a few years ago. The Saints in the South last year. Hell, the Eagles in the East before they began this run. Wake up. This is the NFL. Parity is alive and well. For all we know, Alex Smith might lead the 9ers to the Super Bowl this year. And if he did, none of us should be all that surprised. There are only a few teams who don't realistically have a shot at the playoffs. None of them are in the NFC East.
      Did i ever claim that none of the teams have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

I said that The Eagles Will Likely win the division, They beat every team in the division 2 times last year, and they have been remarkably successful in the division.

I also said that i dont believe that any team within the division has improved enough to Buck those current trends, so that is why i am picking the eagles to win the division. I also said the NFC East is likely to have 2 teams in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
        You have stated maybe hundreds of times now, that they will win the division with no problem .So many many many many many many times, in this thread. You said it wasn't going to be competitive. Looks your the one backing off your statements now.

And, oh when you put stuff like "checkmate" and "end of discussion", does that make you feel better, do you really believe it's going to end because you say so? Becuase in honestly newbie, you seem like a douche.
        I have said that "they are likely to win the division"

I have said that "it is likely that they will sweep atleast 2 of the teams within the division 5-1+" based on past trends and different teams improvements it isnt an "crazy opinion"

Did i ever Claim they would sweep Dallas? no
        Did i ever claim them to be the best team in the NFL? no

Simply put IMO no team would be able to post a 27-10 record in a competitive division.

Comment

Did i ever claim that none of the teams have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

I said that The Eagles Will Likely win the division, They beat every team in the division 2 times last year, and they have been remarkably successful in the division.

I also said that i dont believe that any team within the division has improved enough to Buck those current trends, so that is why i am picking the eagles to win the division. I also said the NFC East is likely to have 2 teams in the playoffs.
          No need to put words in your mouth. You stuck your foot in it by contradicting yourself numerous times. My post you just quoted was in response to what you implied in your post. Either nobody has improved enough to compete with the Eagles, or they already have. Which is it? I don't fault you for picking Philly to win the division, but stop acting like the other 3 teams don't have just as good a shot at this point.

Comment

No need to put words in your mouth. You stuck your foot in it by contradicting yourself numerous times. My post you just quoted was in response to what you implied in your post. Either nobody has improved enough to compete with the Eagles, or they already have. Which is it? I don't fault you for picking Philly to win the division, but stop acting like the other 3 teams don't have just as good a shot at this point.
            Again its on definitions, Are there bound to be good games between the Eagles and other teams in the division, Yes. However in the end, atleast 2 of those teams will be swept by the eagles. Posting 5-1 or 6-0 again showing a historical dominance of the division.

Better Question why do you believe that (Cowboys, Giants, Redskins) will be able to Buck the current trends and beat the eagles after having lost their last 2 contests vs. them?

Comment

Simply put IMO no team would be able to post a 27-10 record in a competitive division.
              Well then you aren't giving your Eagles enough credit. Believe it. They did that, and props to them. They are a great organization who others should look to as a model of how to run their own. The fact that they have been so good for so long in this era is quite remarkable indeed. So I guess I can see how some may become confused and interpret their divisional success as being a result of a lack of competition. I prefer to give the credit to the guys who worked so hard to win all those games.

Comment

• Do you guys honestly think I care about some stupid forum and having red rep bars? LMAO. Who gives a crap. It is some stupid draft forum.

Just like I said Newman was a top 5 CB last year and everyone was saying I was a homer, and then everyone admits I was right. It will be just like that when we dominate the Aast.

Comment

Again its on definitions, Are there bound to be good games between the Eagles and other teams in the division, Yes. However in the end, atleast 2 of those teams will be swept by the eagles. Posting 5-1 or 6-0 again showing a historical dominance of the division.

Better Question why do you believe that (Cowboys, Giants, Redskins) will be able to Buck the current trends and beat the eagles after having lost their last 2 contests vs. them?
                  Because this is the NFL. If you really think that the landscape of this league doesn't change dramatically from season to season, then I don't know what to tell you. You're seriously setting yourself up for disappointment by assuming that the Eagles will continue this run indefinitely. Your logic is flawed.

Comment

Because this is the NFL. If you really think that the landscape of this league doesn't change dramatically from season to season, then I don't know what to tell you. You're seriously setting yourself up for disappointment by assuming that the Eagles will continue this run indefinitely. Your logic is flawed.
                    Did i say Indefinitely? I said 2007, and of course depending on what happens next year 2008. Hopefully they can keep it up. I believe people have been predicting the eagles "demise" for quite some time.

Comment

Skins: Are a pass rusher away from ending McNabb's career. Campbell will continue to improve and the WR core will help him alot. Portis is the best RB in the division. OL is solid despite losses. D-line is weak outside of Griffin. Great LB core. Washington, Fletcher-Baker, Marshall, McIntosh, and Blades has potential. Secondary is great but wont get much help. Landry and Taylor are a great duo. Plus they have alot of depth at CB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Did i say Indefinitely? I said 2007, and of course depending on what happens next year 2008. Hopefully they can keep it up. I believe people have been predicting the eagles "demise" for quite some time.
                        That is flawed logic though. To predict a teams success based solely on what they did last year is ridiculous in today's NFL. Things change far too rapidly. Hell, the face of the entire league can change dramatically from week to week. Just look at the Giants and Cowboys last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          Skins: Are a pass rusher away from ending McNabb's career. Campbell will continue to improve and the WR core will help him alot. Portis is the best RB in the division. OL is solid despite losses. D-line is weak outside of Griffin. Great LB core. Washington, Fletcher-Baker, Marshall, McIntosh, and Blades has potential. Secondary is great but wont get much help. Landry and Taylor are a great duo. Plus they have alot of depth at CB
                          Are a pass rusher away from ending McNabbs career, silliness First of all the last 2 Injuries McNabb has suffered havent been form "big hits by pass rushers" or some such nonsense, so that idea is just simply ridiculous. I like their defense after their line, but i still dont see how they have improved enough to be able to knock off the eagles. Campbell will have to improve quite alot real quickly, i have never been all that high on him in the first place but 53% of his passes being completed needs to improve. Portis isnt even the best Running back in Washington let alone the NFC east. His 4.2 YPC fail to strike fear in my heart.

Comment

That is flawed logic though. To predict a teams success based solely on what they did last year is ridiculous in today's NFL. Things change far too rapidly. Hell, the face of the entire league can change dramatically from week to week. Just look at the Giants and Cowboys last year.
                            So if you are not baseing any of your opinions on last year or any past at all whatsoever, what exactly are you basing your opinions on?
                            I mean again, Peyton Manning has been remarkably successful in the past... but you know what "you cannot predict his success just because he was good last year" or "wow the eagles were really good last year, and have done nothing really to get worse but saying that they are going to be good this year is ridiculous"

Again Flawed logic

Comment

Are a pass rusher away from ending McNabbs career, silliness First of all the last 2 Injuries McNabb has suffered havent been form "big hits by pass rushers" or some such nonsense, so that idea is just simply ridiculous. I like their defense after their line, but i still dont see how they have improved enough to be able to knock off the eagles. Campbell will have to improve quite alot real quickly, i have never been all that high on him in the first place but 53% of his passes being completed needs to improve. Portis isnt even the best Running back in Washington let alone the NFC east. His 4.2 YPC fail to strike fear in my heart.
                              I never said his prior injuries were from pass rusher. Im saying if he gets hit hard enough he'll be out. Also McNabb completed 49% of his passes during his rookie season. Plus Campbell had a better QB Rat in his 1st year as a starter than mcnabb. Plus judging Campbell on his first year is stupid. Also Portis was hurt this year, maybe you didnt notice. The injury bugged him throughout the year and finnally ended his season.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

So if you are not baseing any of your opinions on last year or any past at all whatsoever, what exactly are you basing your opinions on?
                                I mean again, Peyton Manning has been remarkably successful in the past... but you know what "you cannot predict his success just because he was good last year" or "wow the eagles were really good last year, and have done nothing really to get worse but saying that they are going to be good this year is ridiculous"

Again Flawed logic
                                No. I said that it's unwise to base your opinion solely off of last years results. Which, judging by your emphasis on the past as an indicator of the future, would appear is what you're doing. It is really only a small part of the equation. Every team experiences dramatic changes from season to season. So, the savvy fan keeps up with what's going on, and bases their opinion on current reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information