It's Back!!!!! The NFC EAST thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Who cares, I know I don't mind. I hear enough about how great the Panthers are as is.
    It seems like they are the NFC favourites every year but injuries have hurt them badly. Occasionally so has Jake Delhomme, the former feel-good story of the 21st century of football (for reasons that are beyond my knowledge). The rule changes on celebrations were nice because Steve Smith finally shut his arrogant little trap.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

A good secondary cannot make up for a flawed pass rush anymore. Ever since the rule changes over the years that pretty much handcuff defensive backs, a pass rush is must have for a successful defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
        A good secondary cannot make up for a flawed pass rush anymore. Ever since the rule changes over the years that pretty much handcuff defensive backs, a pass rush is must have for a successful defense.
        And the Skins secondary is average at best in terms of coverage.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          I just dont believe they should 4th

Also Campbell's career is already reminiscent of Carson Palmer's. Like Palmer he sat out a year and then had an okay 2nd year. Also had Campbell started as many games as Palmer did in '04(13 for Palmer, 7 for Campbell) then Campbell would have more than likely had less INT's but more TD's.

Campbell
          7 starts
          10 TD's
          6 Picks

Palmer
          13 Starts
          18 TD's
          18 Picks

And Palmer was in a similar situation. Palmer had Chad, but outside of that was a developing TJ, and a draft bust.
          Campbell has a dominate #1 and then two questionable WR's. (Tho Cooley does give Campbell a bit better WR core than Palmer)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
            And the Skins secondary is average at best in terms of coverage.
            even w/ a healthy Springs, and the additions of Smoot and Macklin?

Comment

Number 10, these are the things I disagree on:

Running Game

Your Ranking
              • 1. Philadelphia
              • 2. Washington
              • 3. New York
              • 4. Dallas
              My Ranking
              • 1. Washington
              • 2. Philadelphia
              • 3. Dallas
              • 4. New York

Rationale: I think Westbrook and Portis is close, although I would give the edge to Brian Westbrook. However, the deal breaker is Ladell Betts versus Tony Hunt. No doubt I would take Betts, he's a proven 1,000 yard commodity.

Passing Game

After Philadelphia it is too close to definitively call. Thus I am inclined to agree with your order.

Run Defense

In agreement.

Pass Defense

I agree that Philadelphia is at the top. Though Sean Considine leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Dallas, their safeties lack ideal coverage skills. The only reason the pass defense will be good is if the pass rush masks all of their deficiencies.

New York, likewise with Dallas, require the pass rush to cover up the porous secondary. Unless Aaron Ross plays much better, right away, than I anticipate this should be a problem area if teams can hold up on the O-Line.

Indications are that Washington will trade for a Defensive End, and I've heard Alex Brown. If that is the case, I would put them ahead of Dallas. Otherwise you are right, the pass rush will hold them back.

Either way, all three secondaries are weak behind Philadelphia.

Overall

Very solid write up. So sound in fact, that it will be hard for the homers to find much to nitpick about.
              Last edited by Shiver; 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                Also Campbell's career is already reminiscent of Carson Palmer's. Like Palmer he sat out a year and then had an okay 2nd year.
                The funny thing is that you actually believe this garbage. You realize this applies to about 75% of all rookie QB's right? For every one that develops like Palmer, who was an elite prospect, something Campbell was not, there are 100 that continue to have mediocre NFL careers.

I mean honestly, after saying that, I can't imagine how anyone could ever take you seriously. And I'm not trying to be mean...but seriously....

That's like saying Jesus and Bob Villa had similar careers because they both started off as carpenters.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

even w/ a healthy Springs, and the additions of Smoot and Macklin?
                  Smoot wasn't good enough for a poor secondary in Minny and Macklin...? What has he ever done to warrant anything notable?
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I would too, and I probably will, but the NFC South doesn't generate near the hype and controversy as the overrated NFC East.
                    Think of us as the AL East in baseball. Were not win the championship every year, but when you see one of us on TV, your going to watch.

Comment

East coast bias!

Comment

Pass Defense

I agree that Philadelphia is at the top. Though Sean Considine leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Dallas I also think that your claim about Henry being the best corner is absurd, quite frankly. Teams targeted him relentlessly last year, and were rewarded. Teams generally avoided Terrence Newman, because with the rest of the secondary, why would you test him? Their safeties lack ideal coverage skills. The only reason the pass defense will be good is if the pass rush masks all of their deficiencies.
                        Dude, he was kidding.

Comment

Number 10, these are the things I disagree on:

Running Game

Your Ranking
                          • 1. Philadelphia
                          • 2. Washington
                          • 3. New York
                          • 4. Dallas
                          My Ranking
                          • 1. Washington
                          • 2. Philadelphia
                          • 3. Dallas
                          • 4. New York

Rationale: I think Westbrook and Portis is close, although I would give the edge to Brian Westbrook. However, the deal breaker is Ladell Betts versus Tony Hunt. No doubt I would take Betts, he's a proven 1,000 yard commodity.

Passing Game

After Philadelphia it is too close to definitively call. Thus I am inclined to agree with your order.

Run Defense

In agreement.

Pass Defense

As for Dallas -My Bad- The only reason the pass defense will be good is if the pass rush masks all of their deficiencies.

New York, likewise with Dallas, require the pass rush to cover up the porous secondary. Unless Aaron Ross plays much better, right away, than I anticipate this should be a problem area if teams can hold up on the O-Line.

Indications are that Washington will trade for a Defensive End, and I've heard Alex Brown. If that is the case, I would put them ahead of Dallas. Otherwise you are right, the pass rush will hold them back.

Either way, all three secondaries are weak behind Philadelphia.

Overall

Very solid write up. So sound in fact, that it will be hard for the homers to find much to nitpick about.
                          hahaha....2 things-

Go read the Cowboys pass defense write up regarding Henry again, I think you missed something.

And I think you have to take into account the lines of Washington and Philly. Samuels is the best OL of the two groups, but from LG to RT I'd take every Philly lineman.
                          Last edited by Shiver; 05-08-2007, 11:32 PM.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            The funny thing is that you actually believe this garbage. You realize this applies to about 75% of all rookie QB's right? For every one that develops like Palmer, who was an elite prospect, something Campbell was not, there are 100 that continue to have mediocre NFL careers.

I mean honestly, after saying that, I can't imagine how anyone could ever take you seriously. And I'm not trying to be mean...but seriously....

That's like saying Jesus and Bob Vila had similar careers because they both started off as carpenters.
                            I was trying to say that Campbell and Palmer had similar starts. People have compared players careers before.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              Smoot wasn't good enough for a poor secondary in Minny and Macklin...? What has he ever done to warrant anything notable?
                              Macklin wont have to even start. He would definitly be a good dime cb and smoot should do good enough at nickel

Comment

Macklin wont have to even start. He would definitly be a good dime cb and smoot should do good enough at nickel
                                But you called them a great secondary, they are hardly good if that.

If you don't have a good secondary, you need a good pass rush unless your defense against the pass will be weak. Your secondary is average and your pass rush is horrid, end of argument.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information