AFC North Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel the same.

I probably 'hate' the Ravens more so than the Steelers, but when we play the Steelers, I want us to beat them more than any other team.

The Rivalry has been a joke for way too long now. Hopefully we can bring it back to where it should be and kick off the season with a big win against them in Cleveland on September 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
      I remember when everyone in Pittsburgh thought he was a great QB. Really puts into perspective just how bad our QB situation was between Bradshaw and Ben.
      "Hope is the thin thread we hang our dreams on".

Apparently Tommy's, Neils' and Kordell's thread was too thin.

AFC Norths Opinion.

Is Ben a top 10 QB and Top 10 in arm strength. Bias Aside. I want to hear opinions from the teams who've seen him the most.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

AFC Norths Opinion.

Is Ben a top 10 QB and Top 10 in arm strength. Bias Aside. I want to hear opinions from the teams who've seen him the most.
        I wouldn't consider him to be a Top 10 but darn close. He's definitely one of the more successful quarterbacks, probably in the top 5 in success if you don't have last season.

Comment

AFC Norths Opinion.

Ben prior to last season: Debateable

Ben last season: Hell NO!

He has a lot to prove this upcoming season and the Steelers' hopes for a successful season cling on him proving something.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
            Ben prior to last season: Debateable

Ben last season: Hell NO!

He has a lot to prove this upcoming season and the Steelers' hopes for a successful season cling on him proving something.
            Looking at last season, does anyone honestly think that Anyone but Parker was playing at their normal level?

we gave up 9 sacks in 1 game, thats more than the first half of his 2 prior seasons.

I think there was a lot of **** going on last year.

Like I said though, I'm not trying to make excuses for him and I know that He needs to work, I'll be the first to say that. I just hate how people think he's the most incapable QB in the pro's.

Comment

I just hate how people think he's the most incapable QB in the pro's.
              Woah...so far...we have that spot.

Comment

Looking at last season, does anyone honestly think that Anyone but Parker was playing at their normal level?

we gave up 9 sacks in 1 game, thats more than the first half of his 2 prior seasons.

I think there was a lot of **** going on last year.

Like I said though, I'm not trying to make excuses for him and I know that He needs to work, I'll be the first to say that. I just hate how people think he's the most incapable QB in the pro's.
                I never said he was incapable but after his first 2 seasons and then the nightmare that was last season, he has to prove that he is the Ben of old and not just a flash in the pan. With his mounting injuries last season, lack of protection, and the loss of Bettis and Randle El, its not surprising that the Steelers fell of like they did. They could possibly be entering a rebuilding mode and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for them.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                  I wouldn't consider him to be a Top 10 but darn close. He's definitely one of the more successful quarterbacks, probably in the top 5 in success if you don't have last season.
                  I think judging by:

Arm Strength, Leadership, Talent, Achievements..

He's in the 6-11 Range. Only because of last season.

he's 34-14 Career with a 5-1 Postseason record. Thats a 63% winning average. In a given season he's going to win 11 Games.

He's won OROY, Youngest QB to win more than 10 Straight games (16), Youngest QB to win a superbowl.

But I agree last year knocked him down a notch (Though I think there was more than just bad play by him.. Coaching not caring, fumbles on punt returns (Anyone have a clue how many? 11 fumbles on punt returns, not even KR).)

If he does well in Arians new offense (Which is basically a half copy of New England, Indianapolis, and the offense he cooked up in Cleveland), and Faneca Plays hard, we could very well be a dark horse.

Comment

Kitna is still in the league.. Maddox can't even make it as a 3rd stringer.. he was our starter..

Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox.. them some great QB's. The sad thing is our worst season with them was 6-10.
                    my point was we were terrible and you had an older version of big ben with all three of them essentially because of your defense.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                      my point was we were terrible and you had an older version of big ben with all three of them essentially because of your defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                        I'll give you O'Donnell, Stewart.. Maddox showed that because he's incompetent that the defense can't always bail you out.

And to compare Ben to any of those three, just proves you shouldn't comment on football.

Comment

• Maddox found ways to lose in spite of having a good defense. Best example is his OT performance against Jacksonville where he threw two INTs. After the defense bailed him out of the first one the second went back for a touchdown.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information