• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
    My predictions record wise:

1. Bengals - 12-4
    2. Ravens - 10-6
    3. Steelers - 8-8
    4. Browns - 3-13
    If the Browns go 3-13 I will make my signature say "The Browns suck and are the worst Franchise in NFL history"

Thats how sure I am it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
      As someone already said, all these guys you're calling inexperienced other than Grubbs saw significant action last year. The whole thread is premised in speculation and a logical person would speculate that our line will be improved next season.
      Do you really think Grubbs won't be an upgrade? If so you've obviously never seen or interior OL play. Flynn=worst center in football, so anyone, Chester, Brown, whoever, will be an upgrade there. Terry is at least as good a talent as Pashos who was no more than average, and he's had three years now to get comfortable with playing on the right side. Our OL will be better, there's no question about it, barring injury.
      well due to your outrageous optimism, i really hope you are right

but due to me being a steeler fan, i really really hope you are wrong

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Cincinnati--11-5
        Baltimore--10-6
        Pittsburgh--7-9
        Cleveland--6-10
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ahhh, I thought you were a Bollermania member ERU haha

I'm not sure Boller would be a big upgrade but I honestly don't think he'd hurt the offense.

Comment

Here's what I think the starting rosters will be on paper at this point, so you guys can compare them in one glance instead of thinking about last season:

Baltimore
            QB-Steve McNair_______DE-Trevor Pryce
            RB-Willis McGahee______DT-Kelly Gregg
            FB-Justin Green________DT-Haloti Ngata
            WR-Derrick Mason______DE-Terrell Suggs
            WR-Mark Clayton______ SLB-Jarrett Johnson
            TE-Todd Heap_________MLB-Ray Lewis
            LT-Jonathan Ogden_____WLB-Bart Scott
            LG-Jason Brown________LCB-Chris McAlister
            C-Chris Chester________RCB-Samari Rolle
            RG-Ben Grubbs_________FS-Ed Reed
            RT-Adam Terry________SS-Dawan Landry

Cincinnati
            QB-Carson Palmer______DE-Bryan Robinson
            RB-Rudi Johnson_______DT-Sam Adams
            FB-Jeremi Johnson_____DT-John Thornton
            WR-Chad Johnson______DE-Justin Smith
            WR-TJ Houshmandzadeh_SLB-Rashad Jeanty
            TE-Reggie Kelly________MLB-Ahmad Brooks
            LT-Levi Jones_________WLB-Edgerton Hartwell
            LG-Andrew Whitworth__LCB-Johnathan Joseph
            C-Eric Ghiaciuc________RCB-Deltha O'Neal
            RG-Bobbie Williams_____FS-Madieu WIlliams
            RT-Willie Anderson_____SS-Dexter Jackson

Pittsburgh
            QB-Ben Roethlisberger__DE-Aaron Smith
            RB-Willie Parker_______NT-Casey Hampton
            FB-Dan Kreider_______DE-Brett Kiesel
            WR-Hines Ward_______LOLB-Clark Haggans
            WR-Santonio Holmes___LILB-James Farrior
            TE-Heath Miller_______RILB-Larry Foote
            LT-Marvel Smith______ROLB-Lawrence Timmons
            LG-Alan Faneca_______LCB-Ike Taylor
            C-Sean Mahan_______RCB-Bryant McFadden
            RG-Kendall Simmons____FS-Ryan Clark
            RT-Max Starks________SS-Troy Polamalu

Cleveland
            QB-Brady Quinn________DE-Orpheus Roye
            RB-Jamal Lewis________NT-Ted Washington
            FB-Lawrence Vickers___DE-Robaire Smith
            WR-Braylon Edwards___LOLB-WIllie McGinest
            WR-Joe Jurevicius_____LILB-Andra Davis
            TE-Kellen Winslow_____RILB-D'Qwell Jackson
            LT-Joe Thomas_______ROLB-Kamerion Wimbley
            LG-Eric Steinbach_____LCB-Leigh Bodden
            C-Hank Fraley________RCB-Eric Wright
            RG-Ryan Tucker_______FS-Brodney Pool
            RT-Kevin Shaffer______SS-Sean Jones
            Last edited by keylime_5; 05-09-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The Bengals is mostly correct. I REALLY hope John Thornton doesn't start. I'd really like to see Domata Peko in there, he was our best DT last year anyway but Thornton started for some stupid reason.

Brian Robinson may start at DE but hopefully Robert Geathers can be a 3 down guy.

Comment

Browns always look at least good on paper, they never let it transition to the field though...

Comment

for pitt i think anthony smith starts over clark

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Cincinnati Bengals ::: 10-6
                    Solid team, very impressive offense and I think they will be able to replace Steinbach and not suffer much. Leon Hall will not only replace Tory, but will be an improvement over him. Their Linebackers are not really impressive. Hartwell is not all that great, and has been injured for many games this past couple of years. Earl Everret, who was signed via UDFA, could be a nice back-up for the team, he is the UDFA I'll keep my eye on this year. If Hartwell is kept healthy and performs well, same goes to Ahmad Brooks, this team could be good. Their defensive line is nothing impressive either, IMO.

Even though the team has taken a league, they had two really close games towards the end of the season (including that Denver one no one likes to talk about) but if their defense improves and their offense is consistent, I see them winning the division.

Baltimore Ravens ::: 9-7.
                    The team has the talent for more.. that is for sure, but I don't see them putting it together consitently. Steve McNair is not the playmaker he used to be. He isnow washed up, and not good enough for his team. The Ravens will rely heavily on McGahee on offense, and since they lost Mulitalo and Mughelli, I don't see him being able to dominate. With this being said, their defense will hold the responsability of winning/keeping them in the games. They lost Adalius and that is going to be a pretty big hit to the team. Lewis' is a good player, but is declining with age. The rest of the defense is simply dominant... which is why they'll win 9 games. Have McNair do good, they can easily win 10 or even 11 games.

Pittsburgh Steelers ::: 8-8
                    I think they could be better than this. The OL isn't exactly great, but it's decent, and most of the players are on their prime. Big Ben is back, and hopefully healthy. Santonio Holmes has a season under his belt and Hines Ward is not exactly old and Wilson is a decent WR. Willie Parker is a very good RB, and he has Davenport to take in the short yardage situations.

Right now what I am thinking could go wrong are two things.
                    One of them is the defense taking an overall step back. Losing Joey Porter was very big for him, and Timmons won't fill his shoes this season. I am not a really big fan of Deshea Townsend either. I think he may be the weak spot of the defense.
                    What I also didn't like was hiring Mike Tomlin as a head coach. I don't see why he deserved a job over some other guys... again, I could be wrong, but I don't know if Tomlin was a good hire for the Steelers.

Cleveland Browns ::: 5-11
                    Quinn won't be put into a really favorable situation. Jamal Lewis isn't a solid back anymore, Jurevicious has his time in the league, and Braylon himself can't be the only receiver. I think Winslow may be the biggest threat this team could show on offense this year. Steinbach is a nice OG, Thomas could be solid from day 1, but the rest is not as good.

Their defense will be lead by Wimbley and Davis, two solid defensive linemen. Pool and Jones may be a nice couple of safeties out there, but Teddy W. is way old, so is McGinnest... To be honest, I don't like this team very much, the the future may be bright.. with players like Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Rodney Pool, Sean Jones and Kamerion Wimbley. If they draft Jake Long, Sam Baker or Darren McFadden, and build up more next offseason, watch out for the Browns.

Comment

Well Long and Baker and McFadden are all top 15 picks, and Cleveland's first pick next year will probably be somewhere around #40. But one of the Felix Jones, James Davis, Steve Slaton, and Jonathan Stewart group will definitely be available at that pick next draft. But let's not discuss 2008, let's think about 2007 instead.

Comment

can I get other team fans view beside baltimore, who do you think is the better QB, McNair or Boller?

Comment

I really think BOller is a lost cause, but thats just me, i think Mcnair might be servicable at the most for the next year, but i wouldnt rely on him for any more than that. I think they should really considering spending a 1st round pick on QB next year.

Comment

I think the FO may actually like Troy Smith as the future.

Comment

Here's the order in which I expect the AFC North teams to finish.

1. Ravens- One of if not the most athletic defenses in the NFL, this is an extremely talented group. Plus the addition of McGahee will improve the running game. I expect McGahee to have a better season than last, maybe all he needed was a change of scenery. He's certainly an improvement over Jamal Lewis who seems to have lost all burst and quickness.
                              2. Cincinatti- Great offense, but I just don't buy the defense. The defensive line and LB corps seem weak, so I expect Cinci to have a weak run defense this season. Having a weak run defense vs. Baltimore with McGahee could turn out in two losses for the Bengals.
                              3. Steelers- They will probably rebound from last season, but won't improve by that much. The secondary as a whole seems pretty suspect. Polamalu is great but you need more than one great player in the secondary. I really like the front 7 and versatility that the Steelers will have by being able to switch from 4-3 to 3-4 at will. This team is a wildcard to win the division, we'll see how they do.
                              4. Browns- I like the improvements the Browns have made, but just don't see them beating out any of the teams in this division. The offense for the Browns will probably be a lot better than expected. This offense has the franchise LT and QB, a really good TE, and a so far undeachieving WR who could just need the right arm to throw to him. The defensive unit while unspectacular is solid.
                              Last edited by cunningham06; 05-10-2007, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                                can I get other team fans view beside baltimore, who do you think is the better QB, McNair or Boller?
                                McNair easily, Boller is awful. Mentally he can't handle the game, he just loses his cool and makes really stupid mistakes. He has a strong arm but is inaccurate. He almost never covers up the ball when getting sacked, and as a result fumbles a lot. He has absolutely no leadership ability, and probably won't be able to inspire his teammates. He has shown little to no improvement, his career has remained stagnant since he came into the NFL.

McNair at least you know what you're going to get, with Boller you don't know. The team could be up by a touchdown, but then BAM a bonehead play like only Boller can make resulting in a TD for the other team and a tie game. McNair is slipping and there needs to be an upgrade, but he is better than Boller. Troy Smith is an interesting option, I look forward to watching him in preseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information