No announcement yet.

AFC North Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm huge on the Steelers this year. I think Big Ben will get back to his playing ways of a few years ago. Big Ben to Santonio is something Stiller fans wil be hearing alot. They will be making noise.
    Last edited by bored of education; 05-10-2007, 10:54 AM.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
      well due to your outrageous optimism, i really hope you are right

but due to me being a steeler fan, i really really hope you are wrong
      Outrageous optimism? How is that outrageously optimistic? Did I say any of these guys were gonna be probowlers? The word was upgrade, if you've seen the Ravens interior OL over the past 3 years then you know i speak the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Here's what I think the starting rosters will be on paper at this point, so you guys can compare them in one glance instead of thinking about last season:

Pittsburgh
        QB-Ben Roethlisberger__DE-Aaron Smith
        RB-Willie Parker_______NT-Casey Hampton
        FB-Dan Kreider_______DE-Brett Kiesel
        WR-Hines Ward_______LOLB-Clark Haggans
        WR-Santonio Holmes___LILB-James Farrior
        TE-Heath Miller_______RILB-Larry Foote
        LT-Marvel Smith______ROLB-Lawrence Timmons
        LG-Alan Faneca_______LCB-Ike Taylor
        C-Sean Mahan_______RCB-Bryant McFadden
        RG-Kendall Simmons____FS-Ryan Clark
        RT-Max Starks________SS-Troy Polamalu
        Kendall Simmons, Lawrence Timmons, and Ryan Clark won't be starting.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Before I make a more detailed post in here I would like to point out the fact that rookie Ben Grubbs is a RIGHT GUARD and in no way be a solution to the cutting of Ed Mulitalo. He was cut due to the impeccable play of Jason Brown, who is our starting Left Guard. Grubbs' drafting will make an interesting scenario for Keydrick Vincent, who may very well be a cap casualty in June. So once again Ben Grubbs is a RIGHT GUARD for all those who can't seem to grasp that concept.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
            Before I make a more detailed post in here I would like to point out the fact that rookie Ben Grubbs is a RIGHT GUARD and in no way be a solution to the cutting of Ed Mulitalo. He was cut due to the impeccable play of Jason Brown, who is our starting Left Guard. Grubbs' drafting will make an interesting scenario for Keydrick Vincent, who may very well be a cap casualty in June. So once again Ben Grubbs is a RIGHT GUARD for all those who can't seem to grasp that concept.
            NO you're a RIGHT GUARD!!

p.s. i feel like this paragraph was a deoderant commercial.

Comment

I like Pittsburgh to improve this year but I am not sure if they have the offensive firepower and the loss of Joey Porter isnt going to help regardless if he wasnt that great last year but he was still able to get everyone pumped up and his prescence on the field will be missed.

I think its a toss up between the Ravens and the Bengals for the division though. The Bengals have the offense the Ravens have the defense. I give the edge to the Ravens because I am a homer and I feel our Offense is better than their defense.

I also feel this board has really overrated the Browns. They have improved in areas but I do not feel it is enough to make a run at the division title. Their whole season will rely on Jamal Lewis being the Jamal of old and not the Jamal of last year, I think they are getting the Jamal of last year though.
              Last edited by ccB; 05-10-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

being a RB of the Bengals and/or Browns in the division is hard to do anything. Ravens and Steelers were #2 and #3 respectively against the run last year and consistently are that good. and when you can't run the ball in our division it is hard to get division wins. i think it is between the two teams that can run the ball and stop the run. that is what our division is about.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                  i think it is between the two teams that can run the ball and stop the run. that is what our division is about.
                  That's what 2 of the teams in our 4 team division are about. The past 2 years the Bengals have done pretty well for themselves not being elite in stopping the run going 9-3 in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    That's what 2 of the teams in our 4 team division are about. The past 2 years the Bengals have done pretty well for themselves not being elite in stopping the run going 9-3 in the division.
                    9 - 4

if you count the loss to the steelers in the playoffs ;)

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                      losing to the raiders will do that
                      ouch, low blow.. hahah

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                        Good deal. The Brown's really don't have a backup to Jamal Lewis. When he starts sucking, they'll realize they are screwed.
                        Jason Wright is fine, he was the only one to avoid hits behind a horrible offensive line, I consider him a reliable back-up and actually think he would have started the last 2 games if he hadn't gotten a cheap shot from the Baltimore player (I don't remember his name.)

Comment

a horrible o-line. i thought you said they will be top 5 or an awesome line.
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            a horrible o-line. i thought you said they will be top 5 or an awesome line.
                            No I didn't say that don't put words into my mouth, secondly their line did suck last year, I said he" WAS the only one to avoid hits behind a horrible offensive line."

Comment

well some browns homer said it, you're all the same to me sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                granted the bengals haven't done bad, but yall still haven't won the division. its either been the us or the ravens the past 6 yrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information