NFC North Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
    Who lost the Super Bowl for you? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has proven to be liability to the team? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has even more people in the media riding his back now after choking like a punk in the Super Bowl? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who lets the media bother him? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman.

The guy is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. I'd rather have the revolving door in Miami than have him as my quarterback. At least then I would be losing and knowing it rather than winning and all of the sudden losing because of some dumbass quarterback. Face it, this guy sucks. There is no way to defend him. He's the Lamont Thompson of quarterbacks. Not one good quality.

While Hester is the best return man in the NFL, return men don't win championships. Plus, Super Bowl losers are known to preform far worse in the following season. I'm saying 6-10 because of the hangover and Rex. You'll have fun with a new first round quarterback next year.
    You're an idiot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      You're an idiot.
      Compelling arguement. I'm going to have to disagree and call blind homerism.

Comment

By the way, I'm calling it now that there is absolutely no way Kevin Jones rushes for 1,400 yards next year. I said the same thing last year when people were putting them in their top 10.

"WhaD the fuDge are you ntalking about dood!! KEVIN JoNZ Is asseewsome!!!"

No. No he's not. Talk about the line all you want. Talk about Martz's offense. Whatever. I've heard every rationale for why Kevin Jones is about as productive as an alcoholic on St.Patrick's Day. The fact of the matter is that he had an 8-10 game period where he was great and the rest of his career he's been the tooth fairy in the backfield. He's still their best option at runningback, but I would take either of Minnesota's runningbacks over him any day of the week.

Comment

Who lost the Super Bowl for you? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has proven to be liability to the team? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has even more people in the media riding his back now after choking like a punk in the Super Bowl? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who lets the media bother him? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman.

The guy is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. I'd rather have the revolving door in Miami than have him as my quarterback. At least then I would be losing and knowing it rather than winning and all of the sudden losing because of some dumbass quarterback. Face it, this guy sucks. There is no way to defend him. He's the Lamont Thompson of quarterbacks. Not one good quality.

While Hester is the best return man in the NFL, return men don't win championships. Plus, Super Bowl losers are known to preform far worse in the following season. I'm saying 6-10 because of the hangover and Rex. You'll have fun with a new first round quarterback next year.
          I usually don't defend the Bears or Rex Grossman but alot of people tend to forget that this past season was Rex's first chance for substantial playing time. Due to injuries he had struggled to find the field, and last season was really his "rookie" season experience wise. Now if there aren't improvements this year the Bears have something to complain about but realistically last season Grossman was only getting his feet wet.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Compelling arguement. I'm going to have to disagree and call blind homerism.
            We won 15 games with Grossman last year, now you think we'll win 6. You said he was worse than John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson. You're an idiot. All you do is flame about the Bears. It's so hackneyed and stupid I don't even feel the need to give you a response. Your whole argument basically consists of "Rex Grossman sucks", so beyond that, keep sucking Vince Young's balls and go somewhere else and troll. You're the biggest homer of them all.

Comment

We won 13 games with Grossman. You said he was worse than John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson. You're an idiot. All you do is flame about the Bears. It's so hackneyed and stupid I don't even feel the need to give you a response. Your whole argument basically consists of "Rex Grossman sucks", so beyond that, keep sucking Vince Young's balls and go somewhere else and troll. You're the biggest homer of them all.
              You had the easiest schedule out of anybody in the NFL. I'd rather have John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson starting on my team than Rex Grossman because they won't have to deal with the added pressure of being known as a choker. I do more than flame out the Bears. Just because I think Grossman sucks doesn't mean I hate the entire team. I also can't stand fans like you who come off as thinking their **** doesn't stink. My arguement consists more than "Rex Grossman sucks". Why bring up Vince in this thread? What does that have to do with anything? Yeah, I like Vince Young. I think has great potential and he has incredible leadership skills for someone of his age. You actually think I'm a bigger homer than GRF or Achilles? Sounds more like somebody holding a grudge.

Comment

Ok, 3rd biggest homer.

And if your argument consists of more than Grossman sucks I'd like to see it. The "Superbowl curse" isn't an argument. It's as real as Santa Claus or the Madden Curse. You can't use superstition in an argument and have any credibility.

Comment

Ok, 3rd biggest homer.

And if your argument consists of more than Grossman sucks I'd like to see it. The "Superbowl curse" isn't an argument. It's as real as Santa Claus or the Madden Curse. You can't use superstition in an argument and have any credibility.
                  Not a curse but rather a team having to deal with the emotional impact of blowing a lead in the Super Bowl on top of having a Quarterback that everybody takes shots at. I think they're just not going to have a lot of will to play after coming so close and then blowing it. Football is more than a physical game. There's a mental side to it.

Comment

Lions v Vikings
                    QB: Lions
                    RB: Vikings
                    WR/TE: Lions
                    OL: Vikings
                    Offense: Tie
                    DL: Vikings
                    LB: Lions
                    DB: Vikings
                    Defense: Vikings
                    K: Vikings
                    P: Lions
                    KR/PR: tie
                    Special Teams: Lions

Packers v Bears
                    QB: Packers
                    RB: Bears
                    WR/TE: Packers
                    OL: Bears, GB not far off though
                    Offese: tie
                    DL: Bears
                    LB: Packers, if Briggs doesnt comeback
                    DB: Bears, just by a SS
                    Defense: Bears
                    K: Bears
                    P: Bears, although Jon Ryan has gotten good
                    KR/PR: Bears, GB may have Robinson, but he may not comeback, plus CHI has Hester
                    Special Teams: Bears

Packers v Vikings
                    WR: Packers
                    OL: Packers
                    Offense: Packers
                    DL: Vikings
                    LB: Packers
                    DB: Vikings
                    Defense: Tie Green Bay line and secondary isnt that far off from Minny's
                    K: Vikings
                    P: Packers
                    KR/PR: Vikings
                    Special Teams: Vikings

Lions v Bears
                    QB: Bears
                    RB: Bears
                    WR: Lions
                    OL: Bears
                    Offense: Bears
                    LB: BEars
                    DB: Bears
                    P: Bears
                    KR/PR: Bears

Packers v Lions
                    RB: Lions, by a bit
                    WR: Lions
                    OL: Packers
                    Offense: Packers
                    DL: Packers
                    LB: Packers
                    DB: Packers
                    Defense: Packers
                    K: Lions
                    P: Lions
                    KR/PR: Lions
                    Speical Teams: Lions

Bears v Vikings
                    QB: Bears
                    WR: Bears
                    OL: Bears
                    Offense: Bears
                    LB: Bears
                    DB: Bears
                    P: Bears
                    KR/PR: Bears

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Not really. Admittedly Favre was slightly statistically better than Grossman last year, and obviously more consistent, but to base your decision for the division purely off the quarterback position is stupid. This isn't Peyton Manning vs. Tim Rattay. They are pretty close in terms of production at this point in their careers.
                      I'm not sure where that came from, but...I'm sick of this arguement. If the bears had Favre last year, they would have been much better on offense. Plain and simple.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

NFC North Overview

Quarterback

1. Packers
                        2. Lions
                        3. Bears
                        4. Vikings

Runningback

1. Vikings
                        2. Bears
                        3. Lions
                        4. Packers

Wide Receiver

1. Lions
                        2. Bears
                        3. Packers
                        4. Vikings

Tight End

1. Bears
                        2. Packers
                        3. Lions
                        4. Vikings

Offensive Line

1. Bears
                        2. Packers
                        3. Vikings
                        4. Lions

Defensive End

1. Packers
                        2. Bears
                        3. Lions
                        4. Vikings

Defensive Tackle

1. Vikings
                        2. Packers
                        3. Lions
                        4. Bears

Outside Linebacker

1. Bears
                        2. Packers
                        3. Lions
                        4. Vikings

Middle Linebacker

1. Bears
                        2. Packers
                        3. Vikings
                        4. Lions

Cornerback

1. Packers
                        2. Bears
                        3. Vikings
                        4. Lions

Safety

1. Bears
                        2. Vikings
                        3. Packers
                        4. Lions

Kicker

1. Bears
                        2. Lions
                        3. Vikings
                        4. Packers

Punter

1. Vikings
                        2. Bears
                        3. Lions
                        4. Packers

Kick Returner

1. Bears
                        2. Lions
                        3. Vikings
                        4. Packers

Comment

Lion's fan Here!

The Bears will have the usual cakewalk through the division. There really isn't anybody to challenge them. Everybody says Grossman stinks but in reality, it will only be his 2nd year as a starter and he could easily show vast improvement with his added experience. I think he'll be much more consistant and make far fewer mistakes making it even a greater gap between the Bears and the other teams in the division. I don't think Briggs will be the distraction people think he will be, holdouts aren't that unusual in the NFL. Add in Benson who could easily turnout to be better than Jones if he can stay healthy and The Bears may be right back in the Super Bowl.

Minnesota and Green Bay will fight it out for 2nd place. I choose Minny at this time because I think the loss of Green will be too much for Green Bay to overcome even though they are vastly superior at QB. If by chance, RB proves to be a strength for Green Bay then they will finish second but I just don't see it. Minny in my opinion, took a huge gamble on Peterson, if it works out and he stays healthy, they will have a scary running game to take the pressure off Jackson. I still think Jackson is a year away from showing just how good or bad he will turnout but Peterson will hide a lot until then. Neither team can yet match Chicago's defense.

Finally, Detroit. They have drafted 4 WR's in 5 years as the cornstones of their rebuilding process. I've followed football for 55 years and I've never seen a team rebuild by drafting WR's. The team has 2 seperate HC's, one for offense and one for defense, another example of just how dysfuntional this franchise is under Ford/Millen. The other cornerstone of this franchise is a 35 year old QB who is a career backup and a great offensive mind in Martz. The team will score some points but Kitna simply isn't good enough to utilize 2 solid WR's and the defense looks to me to be worse than last years. Martz will be looking hard for a new HCing position after next year and Detroit will be back doing nothing.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            The Bears will have the usual cakewalk through the division. There really isn't anybody to challenge them. Everybody says Grossman stinks but in reality, it will only be his 2nd year as a starter and he could easily show vast improvement with his added experience. I think he'll be much more consistant and make far fewer mistakes making it even a greater gap between the Bears and the other teams in the division. I don't think Briggs will be the distraction people think he will be, holdouts aren't that unusual in the NFL. Add in Benson who could easily turnout to be better than Jones if he can stay healthy and The Bears may be right back in the Super Bowl.
                            the difference between fans and those who really follow the game are those who know tht patience is necessary. yeah, grossman's started say, around 20 games now. where was favre after 20 games? manning after 20 games (either of them)? Palmer was the only one i think to have made huge strides after 20 games, same with leinert... It's patience.

Benson can, and i don't think people have given him enough chance, throughout the entire season, he's shown he can make plays, gain four yards, play inside, outside, and if he gets down the field any, he can drop his shoulder and pop DBacks and run them over. Whereas he might not have the same 'production' as jones, he'll accomplish the given goal of the offense. ball control. keep the clock moving. set up the play action pass to give grossman his greatest strength. the deep ball.

As far as Detroit, i hear you that it's two HC's... which isn't the worst thing in the world. But the better question... will Kitna throw for less than he did last year IAC?
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                              the difference between fans and those who really follow the game are those who know tht patience is necessary. yeah, grossman's started say, around 20 games now. where was favre after 20 games? manning after 20 games (either of them)? Palmer was the only one i think to have made huge strides after 20 games, same with leinert... It's patience.

Benson can, and i don't think people have given him enough chance, throughout the entire season, he's shown he can make plays, gain four yards, play inside, outside, and if he gets down the field any, he can drop his shoulder and pop DBacks and run them over. Whereas he might not have the same 'production' as jones, he'll accomplish the given goal of the offense. ball control. keep the clock moving. set up the play action pass to give grossman his greatest strength. the deep ball.

As far as Detroit, i hear you that it's two HC's... which isn't the worst thing in the world. But the better question... will Kitna throw for less than he did last year IAC?
                              Kitna will get his 4000 yards but he's terrible in the red zone where his weak arm strength really comes into play. He'll get his yards in Martz's offense but few wins.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Not a curse but rather a team having to deal with the emotional impact of blowing a lead in the Super Bowl on top of having a Quarterback that everybody takes shots at. I think they're just not going to have a lot of will to play after coming so close and then blowing it. Football is more than a physical game. There's a mental side to it.
                                I dont think that anyone on the bears really cares that the media takes shots at rex. they took shots at him last year and we still went to the super bowl. and you think there not gonna try as hard this year cause they lost the lead in the SB? come on now, that could just as well motivate them more. i dont think rex is going to get any worse with having more game, playoff, SB, and media experience. no one thinks were gonna go 13-3 but 6-10 come on.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information