• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number 10
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    I'll take Barber for sure. Yeah, Jacobs is huge, but he would not be a good everydown back.
    Are you basing that off of his size or have you seen him play enough?
    I've seen im play plenty. I have tiki Barber, so I watch the giants whenever they're on T.V. Jacobs just doesn't have everything I want in a feature back.
    Alright fair enough. Just wanted to make sure because many will make their judgments off of his size alone and not realize how fast he really is.

For those of you who don't know much about him, go look at his YPC and realize he gets 75-85% of his carries on 3rd and 1 or on the goal line.
    He's probably the best 3rd down back in the league. Number 10, do you think the Giants will use him full-time next year, or will they pursue a back in the offseason or draft?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

It would have been Barber, but I've seen that Jacobs can catch out of the backfield and has really developed in pass protections.

Comment

I'll take Barber for sure. Yeah, Jacobs is huge, but he would not be a good everydown back.
        Are you basing that off of his size or have you seen him play enough?
        I've seen im play plenty. I have tiki Barber, so I watch the giants whenever they're on T.V. Jacobs just doesn't have everything I want in a feature back.
        Alright fair enough. Just wanted to make sure because many will make their judgments off of his size alone and not realize how fast he really is.

For those of you who don't know much about him, go look at his YPC and realize he gets 75-85% of his carries on 3rd and 1 or on the goal line.
        He's probably the best 3rd down back in the league. Number 10, do you think the Giants will use him full-time next year, or will they pursue a back in the offseason or draft?
        We'll without a doubt pursue a RB in the offseason. I don't want Turner here unless we could get him for a 2nd rounder....even then I'd be shaky.

He can be a full time back but his legs, much like Eddie George, will take a beating therefore I want another back to go along with him. It can be a slasher or it can be another powr back, really doesn't matter to me.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

MB3 is a stud. I think he could easily be a workhorse RB for a team, and I think he is almost better than Julius Jones. In that draft, the Vikes traded up for Ciatrick Fason (who hasn't done much). If they had traded up for Barber, I think he'd be their franchise RB right now.

Brad Jacobs is also a stud-- but I'm not sure he could be a franchise #1 RB. I just don't trust the durability of a 6'4 running back in the NFL. I think his role is perfect. When Tiki retires they should try to bring in some "lightning" to Jacobs' "thunder". That "thunder and lightning" phrase is so overused, but Jacobs is just perfect for it.

Michael Turner is overrated, in my opinion. Defenses likely breath a huge sigh of relief when LT is standing on the sideline on an offensive possession. I don't think it'd be too difficult for a guy to look good being Tomlinson's backup. If I were Turner, I'd try and stay a backup to LT.
          "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
          4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

burner

i would personally take M Turner. I was listening to one of the sports radio shows here in Chicago right before the San Diego Vs. Chicago Pre season game, and the hosts were talkin to the main commentator guy for the chargers and he said that the Chargers know how good Turner can be and they would want a first round pick for him. That's what he said, not me. I like all these backs but im not sure, depending on how high the pick is, that i would ever trade a first round pick for any of these three guys. Also, during that Bears vs chargers pre season game, Turner was just manhandling the bears first team defense. He runs very hard and is still pretty quick too. All 3 guys could be quality starters, but i like Turner the best.

Comment

Tough question. I think its between Turner and Jacobs.

MBIII is the most complete, but he doesn't have the speed I would like in a full time back.

Jacobs has the speed and power, but lacks shiftiness, and can work on catching.

Turner has power and speed and shiftiness, but needs to work on pass protection and catching.

I'll take Turner. I think he's the most capable of the 3 for every down. He gives you power, speed, and shiftiness. His faults can be worked on.

By the way, having a poll with any Cowboy player is useless for obvious reasons...

Comment

The stats say that Maurice Drew is strictly better then both Jacobs and Turner.

So I gotta give it up to Marion Barber III.

Comment

MBIII all day. More versitility.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                  Albert Camus

Comment

i prefer Jacobs. Ive only seen him a couple times, but i was very impressed. I personally think he can be their feature back next year and may even surpass what Tiki will have put out this year.

Barber looked good to me as well, but *shrug* I just like Jacobs more.
                    Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                    Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Turner, Barber, Jacobs. In that order. I love Turners blend of speed and power.

Comment

Barber III

Comment

Turner
                          Barber
                          Jacobs

Barber isn't a threat to score if you aren't in the redzone. Turner is a threat anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by fryman
                            Turner
                            Barber
                            Jacobs

Barber isn't a threat to score if you aren't in the redzone. Turner is a threat anywhere.
                            So is Michael Bennett. That means nothing.
                            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by swagger
                              Turner
                              Barber
                              Jacobs

Oh snap!
                              SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by swagger
                                Turner
                                Barber
                                Jacobs

Huh? It means nothing if a back can take it to the house from anywhere on the field?
                                Dude, that is basically a prerequisite for being a full time back in the NFL. It's really the only attribute keeping Barber from starting.

I rank them like this-

1a Turner
                                1b Barber
                                1c Jacobs

I certainly wouldn't give up a first for any of them though. Quality backs grow like weeds.
                                Very few are worth so much as to skip on certain rare specimens that can be found in that premium range.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information