No announcement yet.

Brandon Jacobs vs. Marion Barber vs. Michael Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Barber is so good why doesn't he get more carries. It isn't like he is playing behind Tiki or LT?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
      If Barber is so good why doesn't he get more carries. It isn't like he is playing behind Tiki or LT?
      The reason Barber doesn't get many carries is because Bill is using the Two-Back system effectivly. I can't argue with success.

How can you argue 11 Tds in One season? He is the perfect complimentary back. Julius isn't bad in his own right, should break 1,000.

You have to remember though, before Romo, we were running against 8 in the Box.

You know my choice :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
        Brandon Jacobs. He's an absolute beast. 6-4, 250, ran a 4.55 forty. He's a monster.
        He is actually 264 and runs that. Yeah, he's bigger than Strahan. He is a physical freak. Of that likes we haven't seen since Bo Jackson. The question is hard to answer because his opportunities have been more limited than the other two backs. But like Number 10 said, just look at his yards per carry and remember that the majority of his carries he is only asked to get 1 or 2 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion Barber III 24
          Originally posted by Jughead10
          The reason Barber doesn't get many carries is because Bill is using the Two-Back system effectivly. I can't argue with success.

How can you argue 11 Tds in One season? He is the perfect complimentary back. Julius isn't bad in his own right, should break 1,000.

You have to remember though, before Romo, we were running against 8 in the Box.

You know my choice :)
          It is hard to argue with 11 TDs in one season. But Jacobs is almost right there as well with 8 with more limited opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by swagger
            Originally posted by fryman
            Turner
            Barber
            Jacobs

Barber isn't a threat to score if you aren't in the redzone. Turner is a threat anywhere.
            So is Michael Bennett. That means nothing.
            That with the rest of his running would make him a good feature back. Jacobs and Barber I think would be about equal running, so Barber got the nod there because he is more versatile.

Turner could probably have just as many TDs as Barber, but Turner has LT in front of him as a goal line back. Turner has size and athleticism, which would probably make him a great goal line back.

Comment

Jacob is my favorite player out of these three. But I would love to have any of these guys on The Raiders. They're all future stars and I dont know why Orange Julius starts over MBIII...

Jacobs showed some speed against Dallas today, took a little screen pass for like 35 yds.

MBIII is a helluva blocker too.

Comment

Jacobs pwns.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Yep, I agree. MB3 > JJ. Definitely.

As a Viking fan, MB3 > Chester Taylor. In that draft we traded up in the 4th round to take Ciatrick Fason. Look at this chunk of picks:

109 Dallas Marion Barber RB Minnesota
                  110 N.Y. Giants Brandon Jacobs RB Southern Illinois
                  111 Arizona Elton Brown G Virginia
                  112 Minnesota Ciatrick Fason RB Florida

The (now fired) Vikings staff have pie on their faces. They should traded up a little more and nabbed one of those two, preferably MB3. Had they traded up for MB3, I think he would be the franchise back of this team, because as I said MB3 > Chester Taylor. What a pity.
                  "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                  4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

I would take Brandon Jacobs. He is probably not the fastest but he is obviously the biggest. He can also catch the ball decently, its the one thing that none of them really do that often, but from what I have seen of Jacobs he seems better than both Turner and Barber save the Thanks Giving masacre vs. the Bucs.

Jacobs runs with authority and won't go down. I know that all three of these guys are physical power backs, but you can't ignore Jacobs size advantage and his highlight reel of plowing people. To be honest I wouldn't want any of these backups starting for my team, I would prefer a healthy Greg Jones over all of them, he is pretty much a shorter Brandon Jacobs who doesn't leave himself as open for injuries (I know he is often injured).

I have no idea how any of these guys pass block because they aren't usually in the game on passing downs. I personally would take Brandon Jacobs of the three offered, but as for other backup running backs I would take ahead of these guys: Greg Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew and Ladell Betts. Maybe someone should make a thread about which backup running back you would take for a starter.

Comment

After what I saw today, I know that Jacobs is a STUD. He was the only Giant that I was afraid of. They should have used him more. I'm glad they didn't though.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                      Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
                        I would take Brandon Jacobs. He is probably not the fastest but he is obviously the biggest. He can also catch the ball decently, its the one thing that none of them really do that often, but from what I have seen of Jacobs he seems better than both Turner and Barber save the Thanks Giving masacre vs. the Bucs.

Jacobs runs with authority and won't go down. I know that all three of these guys are physical power backs, but you can't ignore Jacobs size advantage and his highlight reel of plowing people. To be honest I wouldn't want any of these backups starting for my team, I would prefer a healthy Greg Jones over all of them, he is pretty much a shorter Brandon Jacobs who doesn't leave himself as open for injuries (I know he is often injured).

I have no idea how any of these guys pass block because they aren't usually in the game on passing downs. I personally would take Brandon Jacobs of the three offered, but as for other backup running backs I would take ahead of these guys: Greg Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew and Ladell Betts. Maybe someone should make a thread about which backup running back you would take for a starter.
                        from this post alone I can tell you don't watch many Cowboys games or you dont pay attention. Barber is in on just as many pass plays as Julius. Also he is the 3rd down running back, because he is good at recieving and pass protection.

Comment

Your crazy if you think Betts is better than Jacobs/Turner/MBIII..He's had a nice couple of games, but long-term, these other players are franchise guys. Greg Jones is such a hog, just wish he could play a full season. I like watching him dish out punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti

Your crazy if you think Betts is better than Jacobs/Turner/MBIII..He's had a nice couple of games, but long-term, these other players are franchise guys. Greg Jones is such a hog, just wish he could play a full season. I like watching him dish out punishment.
                            I would prefer Betts and Jones both as backups, but I just really liked them in college and their limited success' in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft
                              Brandon Jacobs hands down. He will be the 2nd coming of The Bus.
                              Except taller, faster and stronger.

sig by VLS
                              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                              I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by locseti
                                Jacob is my favorite player out of these three. But I would love to have any of these guys on The Raiders. They're all future stars and I dont know why Orange Julius starts over MBIII...

Jacobs showed some speed against Dallas today, took a little screen pass for like 35 yds.

MBIII is a helluva blocker too.
                                Jacobs might actually be the fastest of the three. Not sure about Turner but he is definately faster the MBIII.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information