Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air McNair Arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
    I know that's what I'm saying if he isn't drunk how dumb could you be to let someone drunk drive.

    I didnt know this was illegal.

    And dude Mcnair probably got wasted at the bar, and the other guy was only a little drunk, so it was being at least kind of responsible.

    Stupid law though. how are you suppose to know whether another guy is feeling drunk or not, unless they are completely trashed.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
      I didnt know this was illegal.

      And dude Mcnair probably got wasted at the bar, and the other guy was only a little drunk, so it was being at least kind of responsible.

      Stupid law though. how are you suppose to know whether another guy is feeling drunk or not, unless they are completely trashed.
      You were likely at the bar with the guy. You saw him drinking. It doesn't take a genius to figure out if somebody should be driving or not.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        Kinda dumb to let a drunk person give you a ride.
        It's also kinda dumb to assume that any citizen can discern whether or not somebody is fit to drive. The guy refused a breathalizer anyway, so for all we know, he may have blown a .07

        That law is ridiculous. What's next? Are we gonna charge the brewery/distillery? The automobile manufacturer? The guy's mother for having given birth to him? What if the guy had an 8ball of heroin in his pocket? Does McNair get charged for that as well?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Moses View Post
          You were likely at the bar with the guy. You saw him drinking. It doesn't take a genius to figure out if somebody should be driving or not.
          That is far too assumptive. How do we know what they did that night? Maybe dude was McNair's designated driver, but he snuck a few drinks. Not saying that happened, but it's certainly a possibility. And if McNair had been drinking, it would be tough to smell it on his buddy.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by duckseason View Post
            It's also kinda dumb to assume that any citizen can discern whether or not somebody is fit to drive. The guy refused a breathalizer anyway, so for all we know, he may have blown a .07

            That law is ridiculous. What's next? Are we gonna charge the brewery/distillery? The automobile manufacturer? The guy's mother for having given birth to him? What if the guy had an 8ball of heroin in his pocket? Does McNair get charged for that as well?
            Isn't there a law that gets bars in trouble for letting people DUI?

            I only see this law as acceptable because McNair was in the car with the drunk person and enabled him to use his car.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by duckseason View Post
              That is far too assumptive. How do we know what they did that night? Maybe dude was McNair's designated driver, but he snuck a few drinks. Not saying that happened, but it's certainly a possibility. And if McNair had been drinking, it would be tough to smell it on his buddy.
              That's a good argument, but I think that would be a very rare circumstance.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Moses View Post
                Isn't there a law that gets bars in trouble for letting people DUI?

                I only see this law as acceptable because McNair was in the car with the drunk person and enabled him to use his car.
                Yeah, bars can get into big trouble for serving too much alcohol. Another ridiculous law, as it punishes ordinary citizens for the bad choices of others. For that law to work, imo, they would need to require all customers to hand over their keys at the door and install a breathalizer at the bar.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  That's a good argument, but I think that would be a very rare circumstance.
                  I agree. Rare indeed. But every situation is different, and I could think of all kinds of other situations that would make it seem ridiculous to charge the passenger. Like, what if McNair had been asleep when dude got in the car?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                    I agree. Rare indeed. But every situation is different, and I could think of all kinds of other situations that would make it seem ridiculous to charge the passenger. Like, what if McNair had been asleep when dude got in the car?
                    Right, there are a lot of situations where that law would be completely ridiculous. I think it's one of those laws that only needs to be used in certain cases and requires a lot of interpretation from a judge.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It's Steve McNair this is a crazy one time incident.

                      Sig By:The Dynasty

                      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        It's also kinda dumb to assume that any citizen can discern whether or not somebody is fit to drive. The guy refused a breathalizer anyway, so for all we know, he may have blown a .07

                        That law is ridiculous. What's next? Are we gonna charge the brewery/distillery? The automobile manufacturer? The guy's mother for having given birth to him? What if the guy had an 8ball of heroin in his pocket? Does McNair get charged for that as well?
                        Yeah, he probably would.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                          That is far too assumptive. How do we know what they did that night? Maybe dude was McNair's designated driver, but he snuck a few drinks. Not saying that happened, but it's certainly a possibility. And if McNair had been drinking, it would be tough to smell it on his buddy.
                          That's why these charges will probably be dropped. There's no way they can get any evidence that's not circumstantial to prove that McNair knew he was intoxicated. Even if McNair did see him drink, how would he know that he was above the legal limit?

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                            It's Steve McNair this is a crazy one time incident.
                            he already got 1 DUI

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by etk View Post
                              That's why these charges will probably be dropped. There's no way they can get any evidence that's not circumstantial to prove that McNair knew he was intoxicated. Even if McNair did see him drink, how would he know that he was above the legal limit?
                              That's a good point. It's going to be nearly impossible for a charge like this to stand up in court, especially with the amount of money McNair has.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                                he already got 1 DUI
                                Which makes it all the more ridiculous that he would be arrested for making a conscious effort to avoid driving drunk again. He should be applauded, imo.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information