Pacman Jones - Unbelievable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    it seems people are missing the point. the point is not that he should be in trouble for going to a strip club, but that he might as well have walked into goodell's office, slapped him and walked back out. it's complete disrespect and looks from the outside like all pacman's talk about "changing" is utter and compelte BS. if he wanted to have any chance of playing ball this year, that was a moronic decision no matter how you feel about strip clubs.
    He should have tooted his own horn instead of going to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
      I'm sorry...it became a sin to go to the strip club the night before a meeting um...when?

Does no one see anything wrong with the media actually making something out of this?

Does no one think it's kind of pathetic that this guys is being ripped apart AGAIN because he went to the STRIP CLUB? Why? Cause he had an important meeting the next day? Do you know what he did at this club that makes this move so vile?

Anyway, have fun on your high horses. It must be fun to be able to judge someone with so little info.

Nothing even happened...but all of us know 'ol Pac Man...there was DEFINITELY something evil happening that night.
      You're missing the point, and it's already been explained in this thread (see njx's post right above this).

Comment

it seems people are missing the point. the point is not that he should be in trouble for going to a strip club, but that he might as well have walked into goodell's office, slapped him and walked back out. it's complete disrespect and looks from the outside like all pacman's talk about "changing" is utter and compelte BS. if he wanted to have any chance of playing ball this year, that was a moronic decision no matter how you feel about strip clubs.
        I'm sorry...but this is for going to the strip club where NOTHING happened.

The only reason this is even a story is because the American media is absolutely pathetic, and fans are bored and dying for news.

Comment

I'm sorry...it became a sin to go to the strip club the night before a meeting um...when?

Does no one see anything wrong with the media actually making something out of this?

Does no one think it's kind of pathetic that this guys is being ripped apart AGAIN because he went to the STRIP CLUB? Why? Cause he had an important meeting the next day? Do you know what he did at this club that makes this move so vile?

Anyway, have fun on your high horses. It must be fun to be able to judge someone with so little info.

Nothing even happened...but all of us know 'ol Pac Man...there was DEFINITELY something evil happening that night.
          Read the post directly above yours

Comment

I'm sorry...but this is for going to the strip club where NOTHING happened.

The only reason this is even a story is because the American media is absolutely pathetic, and fans are bored and dying for news.
            Or it might be because:

-Pacman was in trouble for incidents that happened at a strip club
            -Pacman was in New York to have a meeting about his future in the league because of the strip club incident
            -Pacman is supposedly a changed man and is changing his habits to stay away from trouble

Comment

Over / Under 5 on how many FUPAs Pacman saw.

Comment

I cannot wait until Tank Johnson goes out to the firing range before he meets with Goodell...

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                  Over / Under 5 on how many FUPAs Pacman saw.

farting under pelican's asses?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    Or it might be because:

-Pacman was in New York to have a meeting about his future in the league because of the strip club incident
                    -Pacman is supposedly a changed man and is changing his habits to stay away from trouble
                    -That he was hardly involved in.
                    -Congratulations on restating your first argument, so I will again, that he was only peripherally involved in.
                    -Strip clubs /= trouble.

Horrible arguments Moses, and usually I like what you ahve to say. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.
                    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                      -Congratulations on restating your first argument, so I will again, that he was only peripherally involved in.
                      -Strip clubs /= trouble.

Horrible arguments Moses, and usually I like what you ahve to say. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.
                      Hardly involved in? That is laughable.

Feburary 16-18, 2007, during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones is alleged to have been involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at a local strip club. According to the club's co-owner, Jones approached the stage with a garbage bag filled with approximately $81,000[5] in one-dollar bills. Jones proceeded to throw the money into the air over the exotic dancers for a dramatic effect, an act known as "making it rain". Becoming enraged when one of the dancers began taking the money without his permission, Jones grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people, during which time Jones allegedly bit the guard on the lower leg. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[6] After the patrons of the club exited, the club owner says a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. Although the guard was shot twice, one of the people hit, former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski, was paralyzed from the waist down.[7] Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did.[8] On March 26, 2007 the Las Vegas Police recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a misdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life. [9].

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        Or it might be because:

Ooook....

So the significance of THIS visit in which NOTHING happened is....?

I'd say he changed. He went to a strip club and nothing happened.

Except of course, the prick media and the idiots who love to read and judge would LOVE to turn this into something it isn't.

Comment

Ooook....

So the significance of THIS visit in which NOTHING happened is....?

I'd say he changed. He went to a strip club and nothing happened.

Except of course, the prick media and the idiots who love to read and judge would LOVE to turn this into something it isn't.
                          It's the image it projects. How do you guys not understand that? If you're on trial for beating up a stripper and being involved in a shooting in a strip club, it reflects terribly on you to go to a strip club before your meeting with the person you're on trial with.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            -Strip clubs /= trouble.

Right, he did nothing wrong. We've established that. But the fact is that he is basically telling Roger Goodell where his loyalty lies. And it's not with his organization. If he really wants to play in the NFL, then he's gonna have to make some sacrifices. That's just how it is. Whether it's fair or not is another discussion. But there is definitely something wrong with what he did, from the perspective of the NFL. Not legally or morally or any other thing. It just reflects extremely poorly on himself, and indicates that he really just doesn't see the big picture of what's going on around him right now. He's basically taking the little amount of rope he has left, and trying his best to make a noose out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                              Right, he did nothing wrong. We've established that. But the fact is that he is basically telling Roger Goodell where his loyalty lies. And it's not with his organization. If he really wants to play in the NFL, then he's gonna have to make some sacrifices. That's just how it is. Whether it's fair or not is another discussion. But there is definitely something wrong with what he did, from the perspective of the NFL. Not legally or morally or any other thing. It just reflects extremely poorly on himself, and indicates that he really just doesn't see the big picture of what's going on around him right now. He's basically taking the little amount of rope he has left, and trying his best to make a noose out of it.

Comment

Lol, imagine if he was late for the meeting cuz he was at the club.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information