Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacman Jones - Unbelievable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Moses your arguments may have some validity or may not but the sheer fact that this argument is on going is sickening. So he went to a strip club, is that the end of the world? I guess you also believe that since Joey Porter had an incident with Levi Jones at a casino that he should have to avoid casinos altogether? Players are human and have the right to visit these establishments and that should not have any merit on their employment. Obviously you dislike Pacman but in your rational the only place he should be other then with the team is in church so as not to get into trouble. Yes him going to a strip club the night before his meeting may have been a poor choice but the bottomline is he did not have any incidents as a result and therefore its really a none issue. This isn't a story and its pathetic that the media is making one out of it.

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Moses your arguments may have some validity or may not but the sheer fact that this argument is on going is sickening. So he went to a strip club, is that the end of the world? I guess you also believe that since Joey Porter had an incident with Levi Jones at a casino that he should have to avoid casinos altogether? Players are human and have the right to visit these establishments and that should not have any merit on their employment. Obviously you dislike Pacman but in your rational the only place he should be other then with the team is in church so as not to get into trouble. Yes him going to a strip club the night before his meeting may have been a poor choice but the bottomline is he did not have any incidents as a result and therefore its really a none issue. This isn't a story and its pathetic that the media is making one out of it.
      Thank you.

      It's amazing how judgemental people are though. You'd think Jones is the spawn of Satan the way people talk about him. One of the first posts in this thread was how he wouldn't live past 30.

      It's disgusting.

      Comment


      • #48
        Well, if he continues at this pace with his loose associations with hoodlums and Tupac wannabe's somone will off Pacman. Becuase pacman's pal's offed one of someones boys. I got like 7 years, and so far he hasn't proven me wrong. One, strip club right before an important meeting, two, APPEALING a SUSPENSION he deserves. He has the right to appeal, but be a real man so you did wrong and deal wiht the consequences. The guy is a scumbag. once he cures cancer I'll give him respect.
        Last edited by bored of education; 05-10-2007, 08:44 PM.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          Moses your arguments may have some validity or may not but the sheer fact that this argument is on going is sickening. So he went to a strip club, is that the end of the world? I guess you also believe that since Joey Porter had an incident with Levi Jones at a casino that he should have to avoid casinos altogether? Players are human and have the right to visit these establishments and that should not have any merit on their employment. Obviously you dislike Pacman but in your rational the only place he should be other then with the team is in church so as not to get into trouble. Yes him going to a strip club the night before his meeting may have been a poor choice but the bottomline is he did not have any incidents as a result and therefore its really a none issue. This isn't a story and its pathetic that the media is making one out of it.
          Ideally, yes. I would agree. But the NFL doesn't, and Pacman should know that.

          Here's an analogy- Say you're on probation for a drug charge. Would you park your car out in front of a crack house to walk to the store, knowing that your P.O. lived right across the street? I mean, that isn't the best analogy but it gets the point across I think.

          I mean, say you got caught cheating on your wife and she vowed to cut your balls off if it ever happened again. Would you leave your mistresses panties in the laundry basket? Regardless of whether you cheated or were just doing her a favor- it's a very dumb thing to do.

          Everybody should always be aware of the image they portray. Especially to those they care about. Fact is, he disrespected Goodell and the NFL. I'm not saying I think he did anything wrong in my eyes, I'm just trying to point out how the NFL is likely viewing the whole thing. Which is all that really matters as far as Pacman is concerned. Bottom line is that if he really cares about his future with the NFL, it was in incredibly dumb thing to do.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by duckseason View Post
            Ideally, yes. I would agree. But the NFL doesn't, and Pacman should know that.

            Here's an analogy- Say you're on probation for a drug charge. Would you park your car out in front of a crack house to walk to the store, knowing that your P.O. lived right across the street? I mean, that isn't the best analogy but it gets the point across I think.

            I mean, say you got caught cheating on your wife and she vowed to cut your balls off if it ever happened again. Would you leave your mistresses panties in the laundry basket? Regardless of whether you cheated or were just doing her a favor- it's a very dumb thing to do.

            Everybody should always be aware of the image they portray. Especially to those they care about. Fact is, he disrespected Goodell and the NFL. I'm not saying I think he did anything wrong in my eyes, I'm just trying to point out how the NFL is likely viewing the whole thing. Which is all that really matters as far as Pacman is concerned. Bottom line is that if he really cares about his future with the NFL, it was in incredibly dumb thing to do.
            How is it disrespect?

            How many of us would have even known about it if it didn't appear in the newspaper? Who actually believes at the NFL gives a damn if he spent some time in a strip club completely event free as long as he wasn't late for the meeting?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              How is it disrespect?

              How many of us would have even known about it if it didn't appear in the newspaper? Who actually believes at the NFL gives a damn if he spent some time in a strip club completely event free as long as he wasn't late for the meeting?
              Honestly, it's just common sense. Use your head. Read those analogies.

              Look, I've been one of Pacman's biggest defenders around here when people talk about lynching him and all that. I personally have no problem with him exercising his natural rights as a human being.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                Ideally, yes. I would agree. But the NFL doesn't, and Pacman should know that.

                Here's an analogy- Say you're on probation for a drug charge. Would you park your car out in front of a crack house to walk to the store, knowing that your P.O. lived right across the street? I mean, that isn't the best analogy but it gets the point across I think.

                I mean, say you got caught cheating on your wife and she vowed to cut your balls off if it ever happened again. Would you leave your mistresses panties in the laundry basket? Regardless of whether you cheated or were just doing her a favor- it's a very dumb thing to do.

                Everybody should always be aware of the image they portray. Especially to those they care about. Fact is, he disrespected Goodell and the NFL. I'm not saying I think he did anything wrong in my eyes, I'm just trying to point out how the NFL is likely viewing the whole thing. Which is all that really matters as far as Pacman is concerned. Bottom line is that if he really cares about his future with the NFL, it was in incredibly dumb thing to do.
                While I stipulate that his decision to go the night before the meeting was a poor one, I must once again bring back my Joey Porter situation again. I mean he had the incident at a casino, so does that mean he must stay away from them so as to not draw the inferno of Goodell? Roger is in unchartered territory with these suspensions and he seems to be striking while the iron is hot. But one must note that the Players Association is backing Jones' appeal and if you read the substance of the appeal it does have merit. Goodell is making Jones the whipping boy of his conduct policy and I feel that will come back to haunt him. Face it the NFL has had its share of hooligans long before Pacman and will continue to have them long after he's gone. Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin, Hall of Famers by the way, were cocaine abusers and yet never received the type of suspension Jones got, is this the message you want to send one of that being around bad situations is worse then actual crimes? Pacman has not been formally charged in his instances and yet he's suspended but the defensive linemen, whose name eludes me at this time, was actually convicted of 2 DUI's and yet only merits a 4 game suspension? Something tells me that Jones will be suiting up for the Titans in this upcoming season at some point.

                Magical sig by OSUGiants

                SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Honestly, it's just common sense. Use your head. Read those analogies.
                  It's not common sense at all in my eyes. It's a complete overreaction. Who has the right to know where he was the night before if nothing significant happen?

                  Those analogies were also poor, though I get your point. I just don't agree with your point.

                  This shouldn't be an issue, but the media loves to tell us what to think and its happening again.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    While I stipulate that his decision to go the night before the meeting was a poor one, I must once again bring back my Joey Porter situation again. I mean he had the incident at a casino, so does that mean he must stay away from them so as to not draw the inferno of Goodell? Roger is in unchartered territory with these suspensions and he seems to be striking while the iron is hot. But one must note that the Players Association is backing Jones' appeal and if you read the substance of the appeal it does have merit. Goodell is making Jones the whipping boy of his conduct policy and I feel that will come back to haunt him. Face it the NFL has had its share of hooligans long before Pacman and will continue to have them long after he's gone. Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin, Hall of Famers by the way, were cocaine abusers and yet never received the type of suspension Jones got, is this the message you want to send one of that being around bad situations is worse then actual crimes? Pacman has not been formally charged in his instances and yet he's suspended but the defensive linemen, whose name eludes me at this time, was actually convicted of 2 DUI's and yet only merits a 4 game suspension? Something tells me that Jones will be suiting up for the Titans in this upcoming season at some point.
                    Yeah, I'm not picking sides here. Not saying I'm an advocate of the NFL's rules of conduct. I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation, and how incredibly dumb it was of Pacman to hit up a strip club the night before his meeting with Goodell. I mean, that's just common sense. It really demonstrates a lack of awareness on his part.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                      It's not common sense at all in my eyes. It's a complete overreaction. Who has the right to know where he was the night before if nothing significant happen?

                      Those analogies were also poor, though I get your point. I just don't agree with your point.

                      This shouldn't be an issue, but the media loves to tell us what to think and its happening again.
                      As far as the NFL is concerned, it is a huge issue. The media covers the NFL, and this is a message board based on the subject of the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Yeah, I'm not picking sides here. Not saying I'm an advocate of the NFL's rules of conduct. I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation, and how incredibly dumb it was of Pacman to hit up a strip club the night before his meeting with Goodell. I mean, that's just common sense. It really demonstrates a lack of awareness on his part.
                        That's why I have repeatedly stipulated that it was a poor decision on his part in my posts.

                        Magical sig by OSUGiants

                        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                        Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Was it wrong for him to do it? No.

                          Was it stupid? Yes.

                          Thats really all there is to say about this.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                          [@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                            That's why I have repeatedly stipulated that it was a poor decision on his part in my posts.
                            So we're in agreement then.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              Was it wrong for him to do it? No.

                              Was it stupid? Yes.

                              Thats really all there is to say about this.
                              That's pretty much what it boils down to.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                jeus christ how is this that hard. SenorGato, you have consistently mis-represented the arguments of EVERYONE you're arguing against by arguing complete non-points. who flaming cares if strip clubs are ok or not. not one person, since you posted, has argued that going to a strip club is bad. not. bloody. one. we HAVE argued that going the night before a meeting with the commissioner about your future in the league due in part to an incident at a strip club is irrefutably moronic.

                                so now you're going to post something stupid about how you already explained how going to strip clubs is ok, which will yet agin have nothing to do with any part of this argument. then you'll say something about how we're judging him and we're on "high horses". do you have any bloody clue what you're actually talking about, or did you decide this would be your social issue of the day, no matter how stupid or beside the point your "arguments" are?
                                Pwning at its finest! :D And the fact that he used the word bloody in doing it makes it so much sweeter! :)

                                Magical sig by OSUGiants

                                SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                                Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                                So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information