No announcement yet.

The next TO (physically gifted WR)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are putting Calvin Johnson up there with Pro Bowlers and he has yet to play a single snap in the NFL. Remember Charles Rogers was physical and as talented as anyone when he came out then turned out like he did in Detroit.

1. TO
    2. Andre Johnson
    3. Chad Johnson ( Why hasnt he been mentioned? )
    4. Marques Colston
    5. Javon Walker, 6-3 200lbs

Honorable Mention: Anquan Boldin

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
      He definitely is not "slow".. you can ask Carolina's secondary about that. When he beats them for an 86 yard TD in a prevent Defense especially designed to stop that kind of play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EU8nZJroOc

I don't remember his exact combine times but I'm pretty sure he runs in the 4.4 range (when his ankle was healthy) which is good for a receiver that's 6'4, 230 lbs. The reason he lasted until round 7 was because he was from Hofstra, and some his coaches weren't particularly enthusiastic of him coming out.
      He's not slow, but he's not lightning fast either. His speed is average. Theres alot more to catching the deepball than speed. Breakdowns in coverage, double moves etc can get a guy open.

He was never heralded coming out as a burner, or even a stretch receiver for that matter. He's a possession receiver that uses great technique and crisp route running to get open downfield as well as the intermediate and short routes.

The system surely helps too. When you come out with 3 WRs to 4 WRs on every play, it makes him difficult to defend. He can isolate his man and body him up.

He's a great PLAYER, but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 in terms of physical specimens.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        Best physical specimens at WR in the NFL are....

1. Calvin Johnson
        2. TO
        3. Andre Johnson
        You're clearly missing Clarence Moore. That's just inexcusable.. For shame, ERU.. For shame.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
          Best physical specimens at WR in the NFL are....

1. Calvin Johnson
          2. TO
          3. Andre Johnson
          Randy Moss has to be on that list, at least if his nagging injuries stop.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            He's not slow, but he's not lightning fast either. His speed is average. Theres alot more to catching the deepball than speed. Breakdowns in coverage, double moves etc can get a guy open.

He was never heralded coming out as a burner, or even a stretch receiver for that matter. He's a possession receiver that uses great technique and crisp route running to get open downfield as well as the intermediate and short routes.

The system surely helps too. When you come out with 3 WRs to 4 WRs on every play, it makes him difficult to defend. He can isolate his man and body him up.

He's a great PLAYER, but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 in terms of physical specimens.
            You're right he's not a burner, but he's not a sluggish 4.7, 4.8 guy either.. not that you in particular were indicating that but a lot of people just assume that.

He's mostly utilized in the intermediate to short passing game, but when his ankle was healthy in the beginning part of the season he was getting behind Defenses frequently.

He's not an amazing physical specimen like CJ, but he has more than enough in the physical skill set department.

Like your sig says Instincts > Speed, Colston has great ball skills and a keen ability to adjust to balls in the air which gives him a huge advantage. Which is why pure physical tools are overrated in some ways.
            Last edited by Auron; 05-11-2007, 02:22 PM.

Comment

You're right he's not a burner, but he's not a sluggish 4.7, 4.8 guy either.. not that you in particular were indicating that but a lot of people just assume that.

He's mostly utilized in the intermediate to short passing game, but when his ankle was healthy in the beginning part of the season he was getting behind Defenses frequently.

He's not an amazing physical specimen like CJ, but he has more than enough in the physical skill set department.

Like your sig says Instincts > Speed, Colston has great ball skills and a keen ability to adjust to balls in the air which gives him a huge advantage. Which is why physical tools are more often than not a bit over rated.
              Braylon is a 4.4-4.5 guy if I remember correctly. He's the prototype of a WCO receiver, at least that's what I think when I see him play.

Comment

Could this be gayer?

You are SO ***!

You must *** it up every day...

I bet your favourite player is Randall ***!

Comment

that was the most annoying website ever

Originally posted by mythbusta
                  i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                  who dey?

Comment

Like your sig says Instincts > Speed, Colston has great ball skills and a keen ability to adjust to balls in the air which gives him a huge advantage. Which is why pure physical tools are overrated in some ways.
                    Of course. Which is why I said he's a great PLAYER.

The topic though who is the most phsyically gifted. I don't think he belongs in the convo. He's a great player though. No question. I never denied this.

Comment

Braylon Edwards?
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Of course. Which is why I said he's a great PLAYER.

The topic though who is the most phsyically gifted. I don't think he belongs in the convo. He's a great player though. No question. I never denied this.
                        I agreed he's not a physical freak on the level of a TO, or a CJ, but what do you think he's physically lacking to not be even considered in the lower tier of physically gifted Receivers.

6'4 frame, 230 lbs, 4.4 - 4.5 speed.

We touched on the speed issue, not blazing but relatively impressive for size ratio.

Not close to CJ attributes but it's a stretch to say he's not physically gifted in the least bit.
                        Last edited by Auron; 05-11-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Colston may have run in the low 4.5 range. His shuttle and 3-cone numbers were not good, though. He lacks fluidity and explosion. Which is why a lot of teams thought he was a TE/WR 'tweener coming out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            You're clearly missing Clarence Moore. That's just inexcusable.. For shame, ERU.. For shame.
                            thank you for saying it first

CLARENCE MOORE > god

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

He definitely is not "slow".. you can ask Carolina's secondary about that. When he beats them for an 86 yard TD in a prevent Defense especially designed to stop that kind of play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EU8nZJroOc

I don't remember his exact combine times but I'm pretty sure he runs in the 4.4 range (when his ankle was healthy) which is good for a receiver that's 6'4, 230 lbs. The reason he lasted until round 7 was because he was from Hofstra, and some his coaches weren't particularly enthusiastic of him coming out.
                              He ran a 4.6 something at the combine. He is not a fast, burner type WR. He's a big physical guy who can go across the middle and make catches all over the field. You won't see Colston running any routes down the sideline beating corners deep.

Comment

Chad Jackson is physically built..
                                http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fb...41616_2379.jpg
                                http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...1p.hmedium.jpg
                                http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...&#37;20jackson
                                http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...chad%20jackson

6"1..220 maybe more with 4.32 speed. and 38-39 verticle is pretty impressive. but also hes impressive with his body..built
                                Last edited by remix 6; 05-11-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information