The next TO (physically gifted WR)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Colston may have run in the low 4.5 range. His shuttle and 3-cone numbers were not good, though. He lacks fluidity and explosion. Which is why a lot of teams thought he was a TE/WR 'tweener coming out of college.
    As a bigger receiver he doesn't have the natural short area explosion that smaller, quicker types of receivers have (like a Steve Smith, Santana Moss for example)

However Colston is a guy who looks more explosive on film.. at actual game speed.

Colston - 53 yard Reception

53 yard reception on a Slant 'n Go route. He's facing man coverage from Chris McAllister. He sets up the defender up with an excellent head fake, loosens the hips and displays good lateral agility breaking toward the sideline.

That's gaining great separation against one of the best Man corners in the league, and on a deeper route which many people assume Colston doesn't run... luckily McAllister has excellent recovery speed.

--
    Another example 36 Yard Touchdown

Deep corner route, beats the Safety deep. Ball is a tad underthrown so he has to come back under it, shields the Safety away from the ball and catches it one handed for the TD.
    Last edited by Auron; 05-11-2007, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Calvin Johnson = TO with hands and a good attitude

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Calvin Johnson = TO with hands and a good attitude
        Thats the perfect WR IMO.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

What about Roy Williams 6'2" 212 of pure beast.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

Vincent Jackson is a very gifted WR, 6-5 240, 4.46 speed and a 40 inch vert.

Comment

T.O. is a god. If anyone can touch him it is CJ. Just look at T.O. He is the most fit player in the NFL.

Oh and Auron get off of Marcus Colston's ****. He isn't even that good. He had a good rookie year. He is slow, and isn't physical. I don't really think he will be that good anymore. He had a great rookie year, and now he will tail off.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                Oh and Auron get off of Marcus Colston's ****. He isn't even that good. He had a good rookie year. He is slow, and isn't physical. I don't really think he will be that good anymore. He had a great rookie year, and now he will tail off.
                Man, I love haters. They make my day better.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                  Thats the perfect WR IMO.
                  He already said 'CJ' :D

And in some of those (VERY photoshopped or whatever) pictures (especially the 'casual' ones) Edwards looks more like a Honey for Hire than a wide reciever.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

T.O. is a god. If anyone can touch him it is CJ. Just look at T.O. He is the most fit player in the NFL.

the question is though, can TO beat Newman?

:D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

That had to be the worst music I have ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                        Chad Jackson is physically built..
                        http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fb...41616_2379.jpg
                        http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...1p.hmedium.jpg
                        http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...chad%20jackson
                        http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...chad%20jackson

6"1..220 maybe more with 4.32 speed. and 38-39 verticle is pretty impressive. but also hes impressive with his body..built
                        Whats Jacksons situation for next season? Will he be completely better from his injury and if so where would he be on the depth chart?
                        "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Well tell God to get better hands. 15 drops?!?!?!?! I know he had a broken hand, but God should at least limit himself to 7-8

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                            Whats Jacksons situation for next season? Will he be completely better from his injury and if so where would he be on the depth chart?
                            some sources say hes gonna be running in June..should be ready for Training camp and preseason while some other sources speculate he will be PUPed.

the problem with Chad wasnt skill..he showed speed..leaping ability..playmaking skills and great hands. He admit he didnt take time to understand the playbook and that cost him. If he can comeback healthy with the playbook in his head..he can easily be ahead of Stallworth and Welker. That probably wont happen with BB liking experienced guys more. Skill wise hes starting material..playbook and hes behind. I think if he comes back healthy he'll compete for the slot but likely 4th WR if he stays healthy since we paid Welker a good amount

Comment

looking throught this thread, there are a bunch of physically gifted recievers who are both tall, builit and fast, there are just some who stick out more because of production

if matt jones can become a legit #1, then no doubt will more people see him as a top tier phsysically gifted reciever....

Go Ravens!

Comment

That was 1 of the least hetro sites I have ever visited, I need to wash just thinking about it

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information