The next TO (physically gifted WR)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Auron View Post
    He definitely is not "slow".. you can ask Carolina's secondary about that. When he beats them for an 86 yard TD in a prevent Defense especially designed to stop that kind of play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EU8nZJroOc

I don't remember his exact combine times but I'm pretty sure he runs in the 4.4 range (when his ankle was healthy) which is good for a receiver that's 6'4, 230 lbs. The reason he lasted until round 7 was because he was from Hofstra, and some his coaches weren't particularly enthusiastic of him coming out.
    LOL on the route Where mike minter basically blocks two corners. That's not his speed that's minter's age.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Of course. Which is why I said he's a great PLAYER.

The topic though who is the most phsyically gifted. I don't think he belongs in the convo. He's a great player though. No question. I never denied this.
      Colston a great player? I'd want to see more than one season from him before I started throwing that label out there. He was pretty impressive last year though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Looks like somebody has a little man-crush on Braylon

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
          the question is though, can TO beat Newman?

:D
          With pass rush no, just 1 on 1, of course. T.O. could beat any CB in the league 1 on 1 with no pass rush when 100% healthy. And that includes Bailey.

Comment

Calvin Johnson
            Brandon Marshall
            Marques Colston

are more Owens type players.

Comment

idk why people are saying Matt Jones. he wasnt talking about height-speed..he was talking more along lines of: look at Braylon Edwards..hes very built..can be like TO

Jones doesnt look very built..honestly cmon.

Comment

WTF!?!?!

Not one person Mentions Vernon Davis?

6'3
                250 lbs
                4.38 40'
                33 reps of 225
                42" Vertical
                10'8" Broad
                4.17 Shuttle
                7.00 Cone

don't even say he's not a WR either.. he's 6'3, is a great receiver and runs a sub 4.4, he's a receiver.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                  With pass rush no, just 1 on 1, of course. T.O. could beat any CB in the league 1 on 1 with no pass rush when 100% healthy. And that includes Bailey.
                  Any WR could beat ANY CB without a pass-rush... Unless you change the defensive penalties. If not, the WR will get open eventually. Hence, everyone needs a great pass-rush and why Mario Williams was taken #1 overall in 2006.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                    WTF!?!?!

Not one person Mentions Vernon Davis?

6'3
                    250 lbs
                    4.38 40'
                    33 reps of 225
                    42" Vertical
                    10'8" Broad
                    4.17 Shuttle
                    7.00 Cone

don't even say he's not a WR either.. he's 6'3, is a great receiver and runs a sub 4.4, he's a receiver.
                    maybe because he said Physically Gifted WR. Hes not listed as a WR..he lines up at TE more..and he was drafted as a TE.

not TE. if we went TE Ben Watson is a freak aswell

look at Given's arms

http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/...vid_Givens.jpg
                    Last edited by remix 6; 05-12-2007, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                      Braylon Edwards, he is a beast in these pics......

WEBSITE = http://braylonedwards.com/

go to his photo gallery and look under "casual1" and "casual2". ESPN did an article on him that leads you to believe this could be an amazing year for him. I can only imagine if he had a solid QB. Hes fully recovered from his injury now and if he could improve his hands (please get laser eye surjury) then he would be a very tough prospect to stop. This is his 3rd year so exspect some things.
                      Maybe he should concentrate more on being an impact player then having a cool web site....you bloody homer

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                        maybe because he said Physically Gifted WR. Hes not listed as a WR..he lines up at TE more..and he was drafted as a TE.

not TE. if we went TE Ben Watson is a freak aswell

look at Given's arms

http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/...vid_Givens.jpg
                        That ticked me off in fantasy football... Colston was a WR/TE. In order to be a TE you should have to line up with your hand in the dirt at least 1 time every game. Atleast Davis, Winslow and Watson do that.... not that I'm bitter.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

seriously, did I miss read the thread creator's idea of whom he thinks is the 'next TO"....Braylon Edwards.

I need the laugh thanks + rep.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Chad Johnson isn't a physical specimen. He is a great WR, but he isn't that big, and his speed is nothing to rave about.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information