No announcement yet.

AFC South Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta disagree with the titans having the 4th best special teams in the division. Bironas was very solid last year. Maybe you saw his 60 yarder? plus craig hentrich is one of the better punters in the league. I guess you ranked them so low because of the loss of Pacmans return abilities but we still have some people who could surprise return wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
      I gotta disagree with the titans having the 4th best special teams in the division. Bironas was very solid last year. Maybe you saw his 60 yarder? plus craig hentrich is one of the better punters in the league. I guess you ranked them so low because of the loss of Pacmans return abilities but we still have some people who could surprise return wise.
      Thanks. I may have mixed up the Texans and the Titans on 3rd and 4th. I lost it the first time I typed it (danged not-being-able-to-copy in this format). I didn't think those two through well enough, so you're probably right.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

it's cool man. none of us here are pros so mistakes are made.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
          Passing Defense
          • Jaguars
          • Colts
          • Texans
          • Titans
          I view this like passing offense: a clear-cut leader, and “wanna-be’s.”
          I take it you count only secondary in this? Even still, I think you're really underrating the Colts if you think they're not even close to the Jaguars in pass defense.

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
          Special Teams
          • Colts
          • Jaguars
          • Texans
          • Titans
          The Colts’ kicking duo is hard to beat. I think the Jaguars can be #1 on this list due to having a good kicker and a nice returner duo, but Adam Podlesh is unproven (although I think he’ll be very good) and because of said Colts’ duo.
          I take it this only counts K and P? The Colts' kickoff and punt coverage units were downright dreadful at times last year. There was only one time throughout the entire season that the return game was a really positive factor for them too. I'd have the Titans with the best special teams in the division if they still had Pac-Man.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Jacob Bell played at RT? When?

The O-Line did improve, but Bell was in at Guard to replace an injured Zach Piller, so its not like he won the job. He did prove he was worthy of a starting role, though. Better O-Line play helped, but I still believe that Vince's presence on the field helped every aspect of our offense. Especially our running game.

Either way, my point is the same. Travis Henry is replaceable.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              I take it you count only secondary in this? Even still, I think you're really underrating the Colts if you think they're not even close to the Jaguars in pass defense.

I take it this only counts K and P? The Colts' kickoff and punt coverage units were downright dreadful at times last year. There was only one time throughout the entire season that the return game was a really positive factor for them too. I'd have the Titans with the best special teams in the division if they still had Pac-Man.
              1. Good point.

2. Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't take it into account enough.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I believe the starting lineup was Roos, Piller, Mawae, Olson and Bell, which was changed to Roos, Bell, Mawae, Olson and Stewart due to injury. This line produced better than the other config, but the fact that D's had to respect VY's playaction (that is, not instantly commit to the hand off) helped a lot too.

Every HB has its OL to thank but with McNair and his diminished scrambling threat in 05, Henry wasn't very effective. He was also pretty ineffective when Collins was in. If that OL config and VY were in from day 1, I feel Henry would have had 1500-1600. He ran very hard and played well but he's also 29 and 1 strike away from a year's suspension for weed (although I think that may run out soon). In one thread you've got people saying the Seahawks are stupid for resigning a ~30 HB who is of all star caliber, whilst the Titans are stupid for letting their ~30 HB go who isn't as good. You can't draft a running back in the 2nd and be scared to hand him the load when the opportunity arrises - LenDale as the starter was a decision made in April 2006. Now he has another 2nd round HB to compete with who is the polar opposite - a physical freak with great work ethic.

The Titans HB situation for 07 is as good as any before it which had untested but potentially good HB's. It's not very often you have a proven young guy ready to take the load - in fact that's an oxymoron, as if he was proven he wouldn't be taking the load, he'd already have it. Just about every team hands the keys over to potential over production at HB regularly. The Titans are rolling the dice, and if it doesn't work I'm not going to blame them for trying, taking risks is part of the game, and as far as I care, taking them on players like LenDale and Chris Henry is about as good as you can get, as I think both have real potential to be great players.
                Last edited by OzTitan; 05-14-2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information