No announcement yet.

Top 5 Safety tandems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When healthy, it doesn't get much better than Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson. Rodney Harrison is easily a top five safety if he is healthy. That's turning into a big if, unfortunately. Take from this what you will, because it could be my case in point, but it could also be completely unrelated: both Rodney and Eugene have been hurt for the better parts of the last two seasons, two seasons in which the Pats lost in the playoffs. The two years prior? They won the Super Bowl. IN those Super Bowl games, the first one, the Pats are up big, Rodney breaks his arm, Eugene Wilson pulls a hammy, both miss some of the third and the entire fourth quarter, Panthers come back and tie it, Pats win on a FG. The next year, Wilson gets hurt again, Eagles come back late. Coincidence? Maybe. But they were obviously doing something very right on the biggest stage of them all.

I think Sean Taylor and Laron Landry will be the best safety duo in the league this year, though, and I don't think it will even be close...

Comment

I think the saints' tandem has potential, but it probably goes to the Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
        Where are Lynch and Ferguson? #32 yeeeeeeeeeeee
        31... ferguson gets benched first week of the preseason for failing to catch (insert slow players name here) on a trick sweep play... and foxworth takes over.

Comment

there is no question in my mind its the guys from baltimore... dawan landry is underrated but rising on peoples radars, and reed is oen of the best in the game

i think oakland has a top 5 overall secondary however

Comment

Troy Polomalu and the other guy

Comment

Hey what about Chris Crocker (soon to be Jimmy Williams) / Lawyer Milloy! We're goin for that #32 spot pretty hot and heavy...then again...even though Lawyer isn't the player he once was, he's still too good to be part of the worst tandem in the league...someone has to be in worse shape...oh yeah...CAROLINA!

Comment

The Jets duo of Rhodes and Coleman get my vote.

Comment

Every starting tandem in the league has been named in this thread already, right? Just making sure lol

Comment

Of course I enjoy the defensive backfield stylings of Ed Reed and Dawan Landry over all others.

However in the near future Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner will be an awesome tandem.
                    HALL OF FAMER!
                    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I love what the Bills have in their safeties. Donte Whitner is already a top ten strong safety in my opinion and could escalate to a top five guy in a couple of seasons (probably won't get a tonne of recognition unless he makes a bunch of picks because our corners are ****). Ko Simpson is still pretty raw and was good last year, not great, but he improved all the way through the year and I only saw him make one mistake on a deep ball all year where he ran under it and got beat deep. Once those guys learn the game that the coaches want to play they will be able to dominate I think and once they fill in their potential they will be a top five tandem, especially because right now Whitner is only 21 with a July birthday, the day before mine :D, and Simpson is 23 with a November birthday. A lot of time for them to play football without getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                        Anthony Smith and Troy Polamalu Please... at least #2 or #3.. I'll give you Reed and Landry for now, because Landry has proven more than Smith..

But Watch Smith this year.
                        lol your not a homer.

Smith has shown potential, but that doesn't mean hes a proven solid NFL starter yet. They aren't top 10 IMO.

Comment

Biggest homer ever. Harrison and Meriweather? I like Meriweather, but Harrison is a joke now.

Oh and #1 is definitly the Skins, Landry is a god, it doesn't matter if he hasn't played a snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                            Biggest homer ever. Harrison and Meriweather? I like Meriweather, but Harrison is a joke now.

Oh and #1 is definitly the Skins, Landry is a god, it doesn't matter if he hasn't played a snap.
                            i'll bet anything that Rodney still covers better than Roy

Comment

Everyone on here is just advocating for their teams safeties. Well, let me bet the first to question my own. Briz5x had us at 5. I wouldn't put that there just yet. Williams will be able to recover better this year IMO because he's putting off some weight and gaining back some speed. Howver, he's still not the a top-10 coverage guy. It's a wait and see kind of thing. Maybe he'll be better, maybe he'll need more work. Hamlin is more versatile, and he's a ballhawk, but he's still not an elite coverage guy. He's great, don't get me wrong, but he's also a wait and see thing, too. So, yes the Cowboys have a good tandem as of now. I believe if Roy can gain his speed back, he can be a top-10 guy, but right now, there's not reason to put us up there. We all hope for the best, but nothing is as sure as many other safety tandems right now.

If I were to have to rank the safeties, I'd say Landry and Reed is definately 1. I hate to say it, but Taylor and Landry in Washington is #2, and I think it'll be the best soon. I believe strongly in Landry, and I think that in a year or two, he'll be the best. Taylor is great, too. One of the best. Well, two more teams that I think have big potential in a year or two a The Bills, and the Indianapolis Colts. The Bills have two up-and-comers that I loved coming out last year. That could be one heck of a tandem when both mature a bit more. The Colts have Bob Sanders, who is obviously a top-5 safety and Antione Bethea, who I really like.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll be a homer and say Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea are top 5. Bethea is my boi.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information