Top 5 Safety tandems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Bills
    Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson....give it two years max, and they will be the best safety tandem

Comment

Keith Davis and Pat Watkins

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
        Buffalo Bills
        Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson....give it two years max, and they will be the best safety tandem
        2 Years max and they will be the best safety tandem, please bro. No doubt they will be good but that's a rediculous statement. Ed Reed and Dawan are the best atleast for the next 5 years, and IMO Sean Taylor and LaRon will be next in line to challenge Ed Reed and Dawan. Don't be surprised to see LaRon and Dawan in the pro bowl soon.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          2 Years max and they will be the best safety tandem, please bro. No doubt they will be good but that's a rediculous statement. Ed Reed and Dawan are the best atleast for the next 5 years, and IMO Sean Taylor and LaRon will be next in line to challenge Ed Reed and Dawan. Don't be surprised to see LaRon and Dawan in the pro bowl soon.
          I still can't believe the Redskins took another safety in the top 10...especially when they had bigger needs elsewhere. We know you are a LL and ST fan boy so quit posting the same ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
            I still can't believe the Redskins took another safety in the top 10...especially when they had bigger needs elsewhere. We know you are a LL and ST fan boy so quit posting the same ****.
            Landry was the BPA and they needed somebody to pair with Taylor. Not a bad pick by any means.

Comment

Im with the guys that said CC Brown and Glen Earl.....all joking aside I think it has to go to the Ravens pairing....and for potential....Id go with the Skins and Jets

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                Do you know what a 46 defense is? Go read up on it. Landry was the BPA available for a 46 defense, like the Redskins, and the best defensive player in the draft. I see you going from thread to thread talking about things that you have no idea about. Go read up before you try to call somebody out, otherwise you look like an idiot.

Since your such a freakin GM yourself, what would you suggest the Redskins do in the draft? Anything else would have been a reach or a stupid move.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  Do you know what a 46 defense is? Go read up on it. Landry was the BPA available for a 46 defense, like the Redskins, and the best defensive player in the draft. I see you going from thread to thread talking about things that you have no idea about. Go read up before you try to call somebody out, otherwise you look like an idiot.

Since your such a freakin GM yourself, what would you suggest the Redskins do in the draft? Anything else would have been a reach or a stupid move.
                  I dont think the Redskins will ever have the right personell to succesfully run the 46. THey should set their sights on running a more realistic defence

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    I dont think the Redskins will ever have the right personell to succesfully run the 46. THey should set their sights on running a more realistic defence
                    Well that's what GW has set up for us. Or at least it is very similar to it. It worked in 04 and 05, hopefully 06 was just lack of depth and injuries catching up to us.

EDIT:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050500977.html

^^Read the last bit.
                    Last edited by skinzzfan25; 05-13-2007, 10:07 PM.

Comment

OJ Atogwe and Corey Chavous :)

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Comment

If I could, I'd stab this thread and make it die...

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                          I wouldn't say it is turning into a big if. Rodney Harrison in the past two seasons has played 13 games. You have to be realistic, he is nowhere near the presence he was 3-10 years ago. He doesn't get many big straight on hits, mostly finishing off the pay type big hits then he goes nuts and gets his mouth going. He is a decent play maker in the box, not an out of box presence. Nowhere near the inthe box presence he was when he averaged 3-4 ints a season. He is a presence still, but no nearly the overall presence he once was.

Now saying IF HEALTHY, that alone says their is a slim chance he will be healty. He is 35, 2 seasons ending or damn near ending his year.

Eugene Wilson, played 4 games last year. Was pretyy useless those games. He started off two very solid years in his career. But has been deemed useless that last two.

Ended last year injured.

So thay tandem isin't even allowed to be in the top 10 discussion. both injured and haven't done much in the last year or two.
                          Rodney Harrison's two injuries have been freak injuries where guys landed on him funny. One was a guy essentially chop blocking him at the knees. If he had those injuries while he was covering a pattern or something like that, I'd be a little more worried. But I for one will never forget the player Rodney has been when he's been on the field during the 13 games the last two years, and all the other games before that.

They absolutely belong in the conversation, because they're the only tandem to win two Super Bowls. If the AFC Championship game had been played a week later, Rodney would have been able to play? Are you going to tell me that he wouldn't have made a difference? Rodney being on the field makes the Patriots defense much different. He is a field general and does a lot for that defense.

So I stand by my point that, when healthy, I'll take Harrison and Wilson every day of the week. I am not saying they are the best, because I have said that Washington will have the best safety combo moving forward, possibly the best one we ever see in our lifetimes if those two play together for a while. And that tandem may not be the only one that's better. But those two guys are fun as hell to watch, have won us two Super Bowls, and if they're healthy, I know they'll get the job done every time.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                            Keith Davis and Pat Watkins

I needed a good laugh.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information