No announcement yet.

Afc West Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I was being generous w/ my Raider prediction at 7-9, but 9-7 for the Chiefs??? I don't think the Chiefs will be able to yield the same record as last year without improving upon anything really. The only thing upgraded was the WR position and DT, but can the rookies impact immediately? Again can either Croyle or Huard really handle an NFL season, I'm not sold that they can. LJ took a lot of carries and how happy can he really be after being shopped around. The team is aging rapidly and need to start re-building and this may be one of those seasons. I see 7 wins tops here, 5 or 6 more likely.

On a side note... Does anybody else think that this feels like a gloomy year for the West??? I mean it has 2 potential playoff teams, but overall is seems really average this year...

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
      ian gold is average at best, I gave credit to williams, but the LB core is mediocre at best, get over it and do some research of your own...
      ian gold is an above average nfl linebacker. end.

Comment

hmmm....

San Diego 11-5
        Denver 10-6
        KC 6-10
        Oakland 6-10

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

How is he above average??? He's never posted over 100 tackles, and he's only started all 16 games in a season 2-3 times in his career. The only thing going for him is speed ( which he lost some of w/ that acl tear), doesn't exactly make you above average...

see for yourself- http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerS...tegoryId=69526

Comment

You can't really base it off his stats when he's surrounded by Al Wilson, DJ Williams and John Lynch, not to mention 2 CBs who love to tackle. He's not gonna post huge numbers with that supporting cast.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              As a fan of THE Chiefs of Kansas City this is how is see the finals standings:

Denver 12-4
              San Diego 10-6
              Kansas City 9-7
              Oakland 5-11

OROY: Buster Davis- 65 receptions, 880 yards, 7 TDS (my sorta comparison: Eddie Kennison?)
              DROY: Tim Crowder- 37 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 def, FF, 10 TFL(my sorta comparison: John Abraham?)
              Sleeper rookies: Brandon Thomas, Anthony Waters, Johhnie Lee Higgins

DPOY: Nnandi Asomugha(spelling SOMEONE SPELL THIS GUYS NAME FOR ME)- 55 tackles, 7 ints, 1 Td, 1 FF
              OPOY: Larry Johnson, 345 carries, 1545 yrds, 16 TDS, 4.48 ypc, 35 rec, 420 yrds, 3 tds

Breakout players?
              Offensively: Brandon Marshall, Chris Hannon, Brodie Croyle, Vincent Jackson
              Defensive: Jarrad Page, Antonio Cromartie, Isiah Ekejiuba (I played prep footbal with this freak of nature)
              pretty good offensive stats for a linebacker

Originally posted by mythbusta
              i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
              who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                pretty good offensive stats for a linebacker

The OTHER Buster Davis :p

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                  How is he above average??? He's never posted over 100 tackles, and he's only started all 16 games in a season 2-3 times in his career. The only thing going for him is speed ( which he lost some of w/ that acl tear), doesn't exactly make you above average...

see for yourself- http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerS...tegoryId=69526
                  stats aren't everything. especcially when you play with john lynch, al wilson, dj williams, champ bailey, and trevor pryce for a year or 2

Comment

you can't make that an excuse, Williams didn't have huge #s either... given SLB usually don't, but you can't argue that he's only had a couple healthy seasons and just isn't in the top percentile of LB at his position. The Broncos are the 3rd best LB core in the Division behing SD and OAK.

Yeah Craig "Buster" Davis is gonna break out along w/ that "Brandon Thomas" the Broncos drafted... Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                      The OTHER Buster Davis :p
                      whoops, forgot that was Craigs nickname lol

Originally posted by mythbusta
                      i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                      who dey?

Comment

Gold's overated.Hes average.DJ is a beast though.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

1. Denver 11-5
                          2. San Diego 10-6
                          3. Kansas City 8-8
                          4. Oakland 5-11

Comment

Gold is average at best i'll admit.

Comment

Man I'm not looking forward to facing Bowe twice a year. I was hoping the Chiefs would take Meachem. Ah well....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                                Man I'm not looking forward to facing Bowe twice a year. I was hoping the Chiefs would take Meachem. Ah well....
                                Personally I don't think it matters... I think Bowe and Meachem are on the same level. I have confidence in our secondary tho and thinking about Bowe to the Chiefs I just realised that both of J.Russ targets in college (Bowe and Davis) are playing in the AFC west.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information