Afc West Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
    Who would you guys say has the best overall defense in the AFC West?
    I'd say San Diego does.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
      Who would you guys say has the best overall defense in the AFC West?
      I would give the nod to the Raiders over SD only because I don't fully trust SD's secondary.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

See I'm not sure about that because the Chargers have better line backers and maybe a better d line.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          I would give the nod to the Raiders over SD only because I don't fully trust SD's secondary.
          The Raiders' secondary is better than SD because they have better safeties at the moment. Our corners are fine, especially Jammer, and Eric Weddle is an automatic upgrade over Terrence Kiel who was one reason the middle of the field was open to every single receiver and tight end.

Comment

I think Chargers actually have the best defense in the west but Raiders are a close 2nd with Broncos and Chiefs right behind, all four teams have good defenses.

1. Chargers- Their front seven is so good it makes up for the lack of quality DBs, but keep in mind Jammer is no jobber.

2. Raiders- As good as the defense was last season ranked 3rd in the NFL, it could be even better if the offense can actually stay on the field longer.

3. Broncos- One game the defense is great than the next it looks very average, I like what they did in the draft all three of them rookies will get lots of playing time on the D-line, and I believe D.J Williams is moving in the middle so now I think he will become more of a playmaker.

4. Chiefs- They do have some nice young players on the defense but both starting CBs are over 31, Page and Pollard were good role players last season but how will they hold up for 16 games? Nap Harris as their starting MLB? Please. And I don’t really like the Donnie Edwards singing he’s like 34 they would be better off starting Keyron Fox.

And again I don’t think KC has a bad defense its just the others teams are better.
            Last edited by NIN1984; 05-16-2007, 03:01 PM.
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
              my favorite players in the afc west

cutler, bailey, dj willians, asomugha, michael huff, antonio cromartie,
              Dude I live in Lewis Center Ohio and my HS team played Saine, and the results were not good for us.

Bring on the inSAINEity in 07!

Comment

Okay, NJX, you're right since the Raiders were last in the NFL last year we must be last in very category, because nothing has changed at all and every team is fielding the same roster... by the way you wanted "proof" , which someone has stated doesn't matter, but here you go...
                Walker vs Porter, Jordan/Rhodes vs Henry/Bell

Walker 226 REC. for 3528 yards and 30 TDs (Walker did miss almost all 05)
                Porter 240 REC. for 3234 yards and 24 TDs (had Porter played last year, yards and TDs would potentially be higher.)

Henry/Bell tandem - 6072 career yards on 1478 carries for a 4.10 ypc average and going for 42 TDs. 154 Rec for 1074 yards.

Jordan/Rhodes tandem- 5010 career yards on 1198 carries for a 4.18 ypc average and going for 40 TDs. 220 Rec for 1703 yards.

Porter is just as legit as Walker as the stats show, both have had a wash out year and the stats are very close... I'd take Curry over Marshall at this point, so I still give edge to the Raiders in WR as far as #1 and #2 go.

Jordan/Rhodes are better receiving and produce more yards per carry. Both players also have less time as a feature back than Henry. Henry has most games started and this is why the yardage portion is much higher. Bell has only played one season though, so obviously the yardage goes to Den. So I guess it comes down to what you want your backfield to do. Jordan/Rhodes get more per carry, fumble less, and are better receiving out of the backfield. Henry/Bell is better at producing total yards and have a slight TD edge.
                I still rate Jordan/Rhodes ahead of DEN here as well.

Comment

i dont want career numbers. what were the numbers last year.

Drew Bledsoe better than Peyton manning?
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

considering Jordan played 9 games and Rhodes split time, Henry started 14 games and Bell a few as well, of course last year favors Den. Also poter active 4 games played in 1 1 catch, compared to Javon Walker starting 16 games for the first time in his career, obviously favors Den as well. I didn't know last year was the benchmark for all players here ongoing, i thought people regressed or improved season to season. The Bledsoe comment was stupid considering Peyton will pass his completions in 2 years, has thrown for more TDs already, thrown less picks and has a better Career QB rating.

Comment

Exactly, i was proving that your comparison of their stats as moronic. Travis Henry will get more yards this year than last. That alone is more than the Raiders as a team will get.
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Jordan is pretty crappy.He doesnt fit our system.He doesnt run with nearly as much as power as he should.He trys to run by guys with that 4.7 speed of his.
                        Dominic RHodes is a good backup.To be honest Oakland doesnt have anybody of starter quality at the RB position.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Henry will gain more yards yes, but you can't really attribute this to him being a better back, as DEN can produce a 1,000 yard rusher with my grandma in the backfield because their lineman are great and know the ZBS like the back of their hand. I showed career stats to compare the players themselves, as my rankings were on personnel and not where the teams will finish stat wise. I hope what you meant by team you're talking about Jordan/Rhodes, because if you think the Raiders won't put up more yardage than Travis Henry himself then you're insane.

Comment

Yes that is what I meant sir.

Comment

so anyways, to stop going back and forth with bickering and to prevent homerism, name one player on a division rival that you would most like to see on your team. I would go with LT for obvious reasons, the guy is just amazing and always shreads the Raiders.

Comment

Denver's O-Line was nothing special at all last year without Lepsis. Once Lepsis went out, I'd go as far as to call them below average. Cutler was under a lot of pressure, and we couldn't get any consistent gains on the ground.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information