Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favre asked to be traded!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by neko4 View Post
    The way i see is that by drafting a DT, TT thinks that Bubba is a better TE than Williams and Cole are DT's
    I highly doubt that.

    They probably just value the DT position more than TE. Which is fine. He's right in that regard. But I don't think anyone is foolish enough to think Franks is worth a damn anymore.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I don't recall many places that had Miller ahead of Olsen. Scott did have him to us at 31 a few times, but Scott was always higher on Miller than most. He was certainly the consensus after the combine. I don't know how you can say otherwise. Perhaps there was some draft nit-wits that wanted to be different but I'd bet good money that almost every GM had Olsen as the top TE on their board based on his measureables if nothing else.

      I don't recall Harrell ever being above 27 to the Saints except a VERY few people that had him to the Steelers at 15. Scott's own rankings had Olsen 13 spots higher than Harrell, and at a position of bigger need for the Packers than DT.

      You spend more time studying the draft and browsing the web than I do, but I think you're wrong here. Those that usually had Olsen as a 2nd rounder didn't have a TE in the 1st at all.
      Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

      As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.

      That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

      Comment


      • It is apparent that TT has not done what Brett wants, but from what I hear Moss was simply using GB as a tool to get some leverage with NE.. Which he didn't. I believe he only gets paid if he makes the Roster..Which was a much lesser offer than what His Agent presented to GB..

        It also seems apparent that TT does not love Favre and will not bow down to his requests. But trading or releasing the Iconic Favre seems impossible. So TT just goes along with his gameplan of building through the draft and beefing up the Defense through Free agency.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

          As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.
          I had Olsen first by a mile and it should have been apparent to more people. The kid was a stud athlete at every level of his career who made some incredible plays at Miami. Of course he never got close to pub Winslow or even Shockley got but a big reason for that was the terrible QB for Hurricanes over the past few years.

          I mean when you stand out as an athlete for Miami (see Devin Hester, Santana Moss, Jonathan Vilma) then your legit. I probably would have penciled in Olsen for a faster 40 time really.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
            I had Olsen first by a mile and it should have been apparent to more people. The kid was a stud athlete at every level of his career who made some incredible plays at Miami. Of course he never got close to pub Winslow or even Shockley got but a big reason for that was the terrible QB for Hurricanes over the past few years.

            I mean when you stand out as an athlete for Miami (see Devin Hester, Santana Moss, Jonathan Vilma) then your legit. I probably would have penciled in Olsen for a faster 40 time really.
            Ahh, I see. If you're an athlete and play for Miami, you're going to make it in the NFL.

            Hitman D

            "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

            Comment


            • Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              NE-Has Brady
              NYJ-Pennington and Clemens
              MIA-Beck and Culpepper, and MIA is a little worse than GB
              BUF-JP Losman, and arent that much better than GB

              BAL-Boller and McNair
              CIN-Palmer
              CLE-Quinn, Frye, and Anderson. Team also isnt up to par w/ GB
              PIT-Roethlisburger and Batch

              IND-Sorgi
              HOU-Schaub, no O-Line
              TEN-Young
              JAC-Leftwich and Garrad are going to get thier final shot

              SD-Rivers
              KC-Green?, Croyle, and Huard
              OAK-Russell, no o-line
              DEN-Cutler

              PHI-McNabb, Kolb
              WAS-Campbell, didnt do as good as GB either
              DAL-Romo
              NYG-Manning

              CHI-GB wouldnt do this, fans may walk away
              DET-No O-line
              MIN-No top WR's

              NO-Brees
              TB-6 QB's already
              ATL-Possibly, not as good of a WR core
              CAR-Carr and Delhomme

              SEA-Hassleback
              STL-Bulger
              SF-Smith
              ARI-Leinart

              Not much possibility of a move, IMO
              well i pick one team per group

              Mia - Culpeppers Health? / Beck's Not Ready
              Cle - Frye's Done Nothing / Quinn's Not Ready
              Jac - Leftwich Needs A Good Teacher / Garrad's Not Big On
              Oak - McCown He's Ok? / Russell's Not Ready
              Was - They Wanted Quinn? But They Had Campbell
              Atl - Vick Maybe Needs To Learn From A Pro? / Vick Police Thing / Health?
              Vik - They Really Dont Have Anyone? / Jackson's Not Ready
              Az - Leinart Better Of With One More Year On The Bench?

              but this wont happen

              Comment


              • Why do people assume that Favre is a mentor. He's not. He's said he's not. And his actions have proven that he has a self-centered attitude at this point in his career. Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Why do people assume that Favre is a mentor. He's not. He's said he's not. And his actions have proven that he has a self-centered attitude at this point in his career. Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.
                  Favre definitely isn't the mentor type. That said, rookies can always learn just by watching a more experienced quarterback play.

                  Favre isn't going anywhere though. Easily one of the dumbest rumours of this off-season.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Boston View Post
                    Ahh, I see. If you're an athlete and play for Miami, you're going to make it in the NFL.
                    There are worst draft strategies.

                    Comment


                    • It's amazing how the media overlooks how much of a turd Favre is. The Packers should fine his over-the-hill behind for every day he's not at the camp.

                      Good for Thompson for not slurping him up like previous decision-makers of the Packers.

                      Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                      Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

                      As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.
                      I think it's more likely, in that scenario, that teams had Miller graded as better value as a (early/mid) 2nd round pick than Greg Olsen as a (mid) 1st round pick.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.
                        Ugh, what a miserable idea.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                        Comment


                        • http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/10184956

                          There we can stop the talk of him wanting to be traded.


                          Thanks to jackalope

                          Comment


                          • Green Bay should traded Farve a couple of seasons ago and played Rodgers. Taht way they'd know by this year's draft is Rogers could play and could have got Quinn if Rogers couldn't.
                            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information