Favre asked to be traded!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Yeah, Kansas City area to be exact. He's actually a Bears fan.
    Sweet I have family up in Independence...anyway back on subject
    I doubt Philly would do it. McNabb is the face of the organization, and if Ted Thompson wouldnt give up a 4th for Moss I doubt he would give up a 2nd and a QB for McNabb

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I personally like the idea of trading Favre for a six pack of Coors light.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
        LONGSHOT trade idea not saying I would like it or think it will happen just a thought.

Green Bay receives:
        Donovan McNabb

Philadelphia receives:
        Brett Farve
        2nd round pick

Think about it, Farve was tutored by Andy Reid, maybe they swap QB's gain a 2nd round pick and Kolb learns from a HOF QB. Hope it doesn't happen cuz I love McNabb though.
        Nope, don't like it. If Favre leaves Rodgers needs to get in as the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Nope, don't like it. If Favre leaves Rodgers needs to get in as the starter.
          And McNabb still isn't 100%

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Well of course theres no way that favre will get trade

but if someone had to i would say the raiders or cardinals "i dont thin JaMarcus Russell or Matt Leinart is ready"

then again it wont happen

but Favre & Boldin & Fitz & Edge thats would be nice

Comment

The only teams I see trading for Favre is Dallas (Jerry Jones love the big names and Romo is not a sure thing) and Jacksonville (Neither Leftwich nor Gerrard seem to be the sure answer).

The best thing would be for Farve to retire if he is unhappy and start a TV career.

Ted Thompson did not want a locker room cancer like Jake on his team and he should be commended for that.
              Last edited by eacantdraft; 05-14-2007, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Of all the guys believed to be trade able in the NFL right now McNabb is the only one I'd trade him for. Even though Favre is past his prime if you trade him for a few average starters or something people will say you screwed up no matter what.
                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Greenbay is Farve's home if he does leave he'll retire.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I think now that the Packers should trade him to a team that could actually use him. The only thing is idk what you would get for him.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• ESPN.com says Favre has taken back his comments and wants to stay. Oh well, it was nice to dream.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• dammit ruins everything lol.

Comment

• Pwned.....

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• I usually abhor Skip Bayless, but this is a point where I actually agree with him.

This is a little dance the Packers and Favre have done since Ted Thompson was hired and Aaron Rodgers was drafted.

They don't really want Favre back, but can't say that. Favre would prefer to play for a championship team, but would rather make the Packers trade him than demand a trade since he currently has such a sterling public image and doesn't want to hurt future endorsement deals, autograph signings, etc. when he retires. Favre has already hurt his image publicly around the league to a certain degree, but in Packerland he is still godlike. So much so that fans are more willing to take a players' advice that knows next to nothing about talent evaluation than a GM who has made a living at it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              I usually abhor Skip Bayless, but this is a point where I actually agree with him.

This is a little dance the Packers and Favre have done since Ted Thompson was hired and Aaron Rodgers was drafted.

They don't really want Favre back, but can't say that. Favre would prefer to play for a championship team, but would rather make the Packers trade him than demand a trade since he currently has such a sterling public image and doesn't want to hurt future endorsement deals, autograph signings, etc. when he retires. Favre has already hurt his image publicly around the league to a certain degree, but in Packerland he is still godlike. So much so that fans are more willing to take a players' advice that knows next to nothing about talent evaluation than a GM who has made a living at it.
                              Or the fact that TT seems content to lose for a few years rather than make any sort of moves that could help the team. He is too risk averse. He doesn't need to go out and sign every free agent to hit the market like the Redskins, but a few players that will end up starting isn't the end of the world. People like Ryan Pickett. The Packers have so much cap room they wouldn't be mortgaging the future if they just do SOMETHING!!! TT is a great talent evaluator, I am not convinced of his GM abilities though. He seems he would rather start a bunch of second day draft picks than proven NFL players.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• The thing is that Randy Moss wasn't a huge risk. They could have easily traded the James Jones pick for Moss. Is Moss more of a risk than a guy whose highest level of competition is San Jose State?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information