Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 3 WR set (on 1 team)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Rams: Holt, Bruce, Bennet kinda hard to beat that.


    Thanks to jackalope

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
      Wow..

      Right now... I'm going with Proven 3-sets.. because i'm not going to put a rookie #1/#2/#3 over a guy proven.

      1) Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald -> Anquan Boldin -> Bryant Johnson
      2) Bengals: Chad Johnson -> TJ Houshmanzadeh -> Chris Henry
      3) Rams: Isaac Bruce -> Torry Holt -> Drew Bennett
      4) Patriots: Randy Moss -> Dante Stallworth -> Reche Caldwell
      5) Cowboys: Terrell Owens -> Terry Glenn -> Patrick Crayton
      6) Packers: Donald Driver -> Greg Jennings -> Robert Ferguson
      7) Broncos: Rod Smith -> Javon Walker -> Brandon Marshall
      8) Ravens: Derrick Mason -> Patrick Clayton -> Demetrius Williams
      9) Jaguars: Reggie Williams -> Matt Jones -> Ernest Wilford
      10) Steelers: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes -> Cedrick Wilson


      Top 3 using Rooks:

      1) Lions : Roy Williams -> Calvin Johnson -> Mike Furrey
      2) Colts: Marvin Harrison -> Reggie Wayne -> Anthony Gonzalez
      3) Giants: Plaxico Burress -> Amani Toomer -> Steve Smith
      The Packers are nowhere near #6. It boggles my mind how you have them that high.

      Comment


      • #18
        NOt to sound homerish or anything, but how in the world can you guys go against the Chad Johnson, TJ Houshyamama, and Chris Henry triumvirate? The cardinals and colts are up there, but id still put cincy number 1


        Originally posted by mythbusta
        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
        who dey?

        Comment


        • #19
          Harrison/Wayne/Gonzalez easily. Three first round guys who are all absolutely perfect for their respective roles. I think Gonzalez is about a safe of a bet to not bust and be good in this draft as anybody. New England's is second.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
            NOt to sound homerish or anything, but how in the world can you guys go against the Chad Johnson, TJ Houshyamama, and Chris Henry triumvirate? The cardinals and colts are up there, but id still put cincy number 1
            Agreed. Normally I don't put our players up top in these lists but CJ/TJ/Henry is the best trio (at this point) in the league.

            Our #1 leads the AFC in recieving yards every year.
            Our #2 WR led the league in 3rd down conversions.
            BOTH our #2 and #3 were in the top 6 in TD's despite not playing in every game (14 for TJ and 13 for Henry).

            All three combined for over 3,000 yards.

            It's really not even close...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              Agreed. Normally I don't put our players up top in these lists but CJ/TJ/Henry is the best trio (at this point) in the league.

              Our #1 leads the AFC in recieving yards every year.
              Our #2 WR led the league in 3rd down conversions.
              BOTH our #2 and #3 were in the top 6 in TD's despite not playing in every game (14 for TJ and 13 for Henry).

              All three combined for over 3,000 yards.

              It's really not even close...
              I would rate Harrison/Wayne ahead of Johnson/TJ. Chris Henry is much more proven than Gonzalez but Henry is a constant headache and risk to miss games. If I'm picking a receiving core to win the Super Bowl next year, it's the Colts everytime (at least between these two teams). In reality, I think Arizona has the top unit.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Moses View Post
                I would rate Harrison/Wayne ahead of Johnson/TJ. Chris Henry is much more proven than Gonzalez but Henry is a constant headache and risk to miss games. If I'm picking a receiving core to win the Super Bowl next year, it's the Colts everytime (at least between these two teams). In reality, I think Arizona has the top unit.
                If you include the risk to miss games then yeah I can see that side easily. I do agree that Harrison/Wayne are better than CJ/TJ but it's just that Henry is by far the best #3 WR in the league.... When he actually plays.

                If Henry wasn't such a headcase he could be the best WR on our team.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  If you include the risk to miss games then yeah I can see that side easily. I do agree that Harrison/Wayne are better than CJ/TJ but it's just that Henry is by far the best #3 WR in the league.... When he actually plays.

                  If Henry wasn't such a headcase he could be the best WR on our team.
                  Right, but you have to account for guys that are headaches and guys that are going to miss teams. I mean, the argument could be made that last year Oakland had the most talent at wide receiver, they were just a massive headache.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    it is not really possible to top the colts

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Pfffffffffffffftttttttttttt Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston and James Thrash of the old Eagle days would smooooooooooooooooooooke any of these clowns.

                      When Chris Henry is on the field, I'll take the Bengals trio.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Henry is probably the best 3rd receiver on any team right now, but for the colts offense Gonzalez fits so perfect there and might get right around 1000 yards as a rookie along with Harrison and Wayne since Indy lost Rhodes and probably won't be running as much this year. You gotta think that Indy is gonna spread it out with Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, and Clark and get Manning 4500 yard and 30+ Tds again this year. Crazy good offense, too bad their defense is so poor (at least in the regular season it is anyway)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          If Mark Bradley can stay healthy we're going to have a pretty darn good recieving core. Berrian had a breakout year last season and is looking to build on that and Moose while old is still a very solid vet.

                          Bradley is the most talented WR on our roster. If he hadn't been injured early in his rookie season the guy would've been up for OROY. Big time playmaker, can stretch the field, runs good routes, and very good hands. Add Rashied Davis who at the #4 slot is pretty good value and I like what we've got, but we aren't a top 10 WR core, yet. If Bradley pans out and has the year I think he can have I'd say we could end up in the top 10.


                          Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I'll go with Fitzgearld/Boldin/Johnson.

                            But when together, the Bengals trio is just absurd.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              the cardinals win this by alot, and im not even being a homer


                              Q, Fitz, and Bryant

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                the cardinals win this by alot, and im not even being a homer


                                Q, Fitz, and Bryant
                                By a lot? Um no. You guys win but when clicking the Bengals are very good and Indy still has 2 studs and a perfect slot guy in Gonzo.


                                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information