No announcement yet.

Bears moving Devin Hester to offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only Hester had the mental competence to understand the playbook then this would be a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
      Ah yes. The stuff you hear at this time every year. Kinda like the vikings blabber about Peterson and Taylor in the backfield at the same time, etc. etc. He may play a little wide out for a while until they realize that he's just not good at it. Like Ted Ginn.
      If Devin Hester can turn into a Ted Ginn type reciever he'll greatly exceed my expectations. I'd be happy if he made one big play per game.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by J52 View Post
        If only Hester had the mental competence to understand the playbook then this would be a good move.
        Hester may not be the sharpest tool in the box but I'm pretty sure he'll get what to do on offense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Is he gonna be like a RB/WR tweener?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            Is he gonna be like a RB/WR tweener?
            Right now I think he's a poor man's Reggie Bush, but as he learns what to do he'll be a very nice asset for us on offense.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

So are we going to list him as a RB or WR. Cuz the league won't let him keep his number if he is going to be a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                So are we going to list him as a RB or WR. Cuz the league won't let him keep his number if he is going to be a WR.
                He'll stay a RB. Can't get rid of the #23, no way. It's a signature number in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  He'll stay a RB. Can't get rid of the #23, no way. It's a signature number in Chicago.

Comment

Or he can just play both ways. I wouldn't consider it impossible to have him as the 5th CB and just line up on offense a little more often.

He'll have a limited amount of plays to work through, he doesn't have to know the full offense, so, the fact that he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, doesn't really bother me. he's a guy who WILL bounce to the outside, bounce back inside, and then keep bouncing, I don't know if he has the gas to do that forever. Wolfe will be a bounce once, push push push. and Benson is just. Show me the holes between the tackles. AAARRRRRGH!

But this offense is getting faster. And faster. And faster. Which is weird, because that totally doesn't seem like turner's offesive style. But, when you have weapons, you use them. I would be scared as hell to be manned up on Hester in the open field. The boy'll make two guys miss and still have enough acceleration to pull away. With great vision, great speed, good acceleration. He could make something happen out of nothing (or he can get tied up in the backfield and go for a big loss of yds)
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

not sure if hester will have as much impact on O than he had on special teams... it always seems like when these super athletic guys are put on offense, they are overhyped and dont meet those lofty expectations

-ie. bailey, sanders, woodson

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                        not sure if hester will have as much impact on O than he had on special teams... it always seems like when these super athletic guys are put on offense, they are overhyped and dont meet those lofty expectations

-ie. bailey, sanders, woodson
                        Those players also had another position on the field on the opposite side of the ball. Devin will be strictly offense.

Comment

Hester may not be the sharpest tool in the box but I'm pretty sure he'll get what to do on offense.
                          I said that for three years while he was in college. All to no avail.

Comment

Here's what Larry Mayer had to say about the jersey # in his q-&-a column, "Challk Talk":

Originally posted by Larry Mayer
                            I donít see why Devin Hester would have to change his number. While receivers must wear numbers from 10-19 and 80-89, I imagine he will be a hybrid player on offense who lines up in the backfield on occasion, and running backs are permitted to wear No. 23. As Lovie Smith said, ďHeís an offensive weapon right now. Thatís the only limit we put on him.Ē
                            If the league does force him to change, I would suggest something in the teens; an 80s number @ tailback -- where they said he will line up from time to time -- would just look weird. Maybe 17 now that Curry's been kicked to the curb.

Of course, I think the NFL's numbering rule is too restrictive, but to go into details about my alternative would be going off-topic.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Originally posted by J52 View Post
                              I said that for three years while he was in college. All to no avail.
                              That's because they moved him around all over the place. Kinda hard to learn a position when you've got a different one each year.

Comment

I like the idea of him going on the O. He can burn everybody on O and on speical teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information