Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/hester_devin

What does that say his 40 time was, genious? Don't hear you laughing now.

To be honest, I don't think it will work if they use Hester a lot on offense. When the Chiefs started to use Hall more and more on offense, he became horrible at returning and really wasn't effective at WR.
    I find it hilarious that you misspelled genius, while attempting to insult someone else's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I find it hilarious that you misspelled genius, while attempting to insult someone else's intelligence.
      Glad I made you chuckle then

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        4.5 40, hahahahahaha that's funny. Try around low 4.3's my friend, and a 4.27 on his pro day. Good try though.

To be honest, I don't think it will work if they use Hester a lot on offense. When the Chiefs started to use Hall more and more on offense, he became horrible at returning and really wasn't effective at WR.
        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        OOOO double snap!!!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

You honestly think that Hester has 4.5 speed? That's what's funny about this whole thing. He did crappy at the combine, but he also ran a 4.27 at his pro day. Devin has easily 4.3 speed.

Btw, make sure you can spell right before you try and insult someone.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            Since we're on a short madden aside:

The bump/run press coverage man DB skills are great. They really needed to overhaul the stat tracking of the individual players, expand the training camp program, allow niche players to work they way they should, easier to create packages... the D-Line could use alot of work. And offense. shoot. The pass blocking is so weak. So weak. I play with indy, drop back, move up in the pocket and pass, and have 4 guys within inches of me. and the Pass Blocking for indy is second to none.

But, as far as Hester and Madden. Hester will get the 100, but i'm sure it won't make that much of a difference, the game is way too fast as it is, sure i have 290 lb DLiners who can still run 4.6's, acceleration, ability to shed blocks. you can't just lump that all in 'strength' because you find someone who's got great hands but isn't a tank (i.e. tommie harris). Team congruency, Amount of reps between a WR and QB should be a factor... importing players from other systems, intellegence, ability to learn new systems. Man, if you're gonna make the biggest baddest football sim. you should at least focus on the players.

that being said, hester is damn fast. damn, damn, damn fast. I'd always want to see hester cover reggie bush in the slot.
            I totally see your side of things. The truth is though...they can't make it too in depth, or they will lose a massive part of the buyers base that doesn't want to deal with things like that.

Comment

should be an interesting fantasy football pickup now :)

but honestly, however he does at worst case he creates mismatches and draws attention...if he runs a reverse to the right side of the field, he may not get the ball, but you can guarantee that safety and the LB'ers are leaning more towards his side, vs the RB to the left, so i like the idea....

their WR's are very athletic and fast as is, so im not sure where he fits in, because i really like bradley, berrian, and davis...but im sure they can find room for him to touch the ball somewhere...if he gets his hand on the ball 5 times a game(on offense) i think it increases the bears chances of scoring that much, and spreading the field out more with him lining up

but alot relies on ron turner, not all devin hester...sean payton found creative ways to get bush the ball, lining up in different spots, going in motion, split out wide, he changed it frequently, and made sure bush had chances to touch the ball, turner is going to have to be just as creative for it to work effectively

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I wonder if he will be better at offense than he was on defense?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

On one hand, with the great scouting the Bears have, I doubt they have any trouble replacing Hester in terms of the team's cornerback depth. But on the other hand, I'm quite sure I have read/heard, more than once, that Hester wanted to play defense and so I wonder if this will ultimately work out.

It's not like the experiment wasn't tried at Miami, although obviously it's not as though the team wasn't without its issues, personnel or otherwise, at that period of time. There's a greater chance of success with the Bears and offensive coordinator Ron Turner.

I just hope this doesn't affect Hester's return skills/ability in any way, he's so great in the role barring his constant fumbling concerns. I was never really sold on Dante Hall, even in his prime as the "human joystick," but I have loved Hester since college and think that, compared to the second-best return man, Hester could very well be better at his position than anyone else in the league at their position.*

*Thanks to a topic some months back when we discussed this.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Bad move imo. Same thing happened at UM. Coaches thought he was too talented to not contribute on offense, and they stunted his growth tremendously. His sophomore year he was probably the best corner in our secondary, ahead of Kelly Jennings and Marcus Maxey. However, when they started moving him, problems started. He should just stay at corner and become a beast at one position, because we all know he has the talent. Even he has said that he prefers playing corner back.

Regardless, I believe he will be a good offensive player, I just don't want him to stay as merely a distraction kind of player, but rather grow into a great player.

Comment

How was Hestor as a corner? I don't recall him on defense in the superbowl.
                      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information