X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by jblaze66
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    That was definately a penalty at the end of the game on the INT. Maybe not pass interference but definately illegal contact. Those announcers I'm not sure even know the rule. They kept on saying the contact was within 5 yards, but aren't I correct that those 5 yards are thrown out the window once the ball is in the air. And there was definate contact by Sheppard after the ball was in the air.
    I think what the ref saw was mutual contact, Keyshawn colliding with Lito on his way to the end zone and Lito simply tried to brace himself. Keyshawn has a reputation as a physical reciever and I think alot of times those calls go unflagged because of that.
    I dunno. Keyshawn didn't really extend his arms and was trying to get to the corner of the endzone which Lito was preventing him from doing while the ball was in the air. I think that is an illegal contact call. I don't really care, I'm glad the Eagles won. Because I think the Panthers had a more realistic shot of contending for the playoffs down the road so any loss they get now is better.
    Agreed, the play went like this

Keyshawn gets off the jam, sheppard grabs handfuls of jersey, keyshawn slips his hand to push off lito's arms and loses concentration, lito taks the int.

Penalty. ESPN even showed "highlights" of runyan vs Pep, every play was a hold.

Comment

The refs allowed a lot of contact all game. Early on, there was plenty of bumping and a little clutching all over the field on both sides, and they let it slide. This crew on this night was allowing it, so the defenders on both sides took advantage. This particular play was indicative of a lot of the coverage from the evening. I wouldn't have been surprised by an illegal contact play, but in real-time, it's hard to see anything other than both making contact. Keyshawn made a bad play, and Lito did great keeping both feet in. I say that as an objective fan. While I was excited by the play, I immediately feared a PI. When I watched the replay, I didn't see a blatant penalty. I'm always one to call it fair, even when it affects my team.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite
        ESPN even showed "highlights" of runyan vs Pep, every play was a hold.
        I believe the old adage is "If there's no flag its not holding." If the refs called holding on what you deem holding there would be a flag on every play. The only time they call it is if you tackle/bring down the defender or if he sees your arms extended with a handful of jersey.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

I believe the old adage is "If there's no flag its not holding." If the refs called holding on what you deem holding there would be a flag on every play. The only time they call it is if you tackle/bring down the defender or if he sees your arms extended with a handful of jersey.
          To be fair though, Runyan is really dirty. He can hold just about every day because he can get away with it. He sets up such good angles and that with his holding make him a very solid tackle. First game of the season him vs Mario Williams he was holding him pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
            To be fair though, Runyan is really dirty. He can hold just about every day because he can get away with it. He sets up such good angles and that with his holding make him a very solid tackle. First game of the season him vs Mario Williams he was holding him pretty bad.
            He's made a career of holding Strahan for the past 5 years.

Comment

People say u can call holding on every play, and I agree with that. Can't ***** about that......

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information