Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Smith or Osi Umenyiora?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    So BlindSite-

    Stats do not tell the whole story, but if they are the basis of your argument...

    Osi has more sacks per start

    Osi has more tackles per start

    Osi has more forced fumbles per start

    Osi has more TDs per start

    At least Peppers is a better pass defender though, right?
    Ok, now you've gone and done something very, very, very stupid.

    I just calculated the numbers, very simple algorithm, you take the statistic for career totals and you divide them by the number of games played, here's the results.

    Peppers
    Total Tackles 3.3
    Sacks 0.7
    Forced Fumbles 0.22
    Touchdowns 0.02

    Umenyiora
    Total Tackles 2.2
    Sacks 0.5
    Forced Fumbles 0.16
    Touchdowns 0.01

    You might want to try research
    Last edited by BlindSite; 05-17-2007, 01:54 AM.

    Comment


    • Your numbers are wrong you idiot.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

      Comment


      • This is like watching a great boxing match going back and forth.
        Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 05-17-2007, 01:47 AM.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • They're based off NFL.com's official statistics.

          All I've done is take his production overall and divide it by the number of games over his career, he's got less production per start.

          ^ Yeah well consider him calling me the idiot the punk drunken staggers of a beaten fighter.

          Comment


          • hahahaha.....Here are the real numbers-

            Osi has 35 starts

            Sacks per-0.81
            Tackles per-5.11
            Forced Fumbles per-0.25

            Peppers has 76 starts

            Sacks per-0.70
            Tackles per-3.29
            Forced Fumbles Per-0.22
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              They're based off NFL.com's official statistics.

              All I've done is take his production overall and divide it by the number of games over his career, he's got less production per start.

              ^ Yeah well consider him calling me the idiot the punk drunken staggers of a beaten fighter.
              Guess you haven't checked out many games Osi started. Again, you prove that you know nothing about Osi.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

              Comment


              • What I know is he can't stay healthy, he needs the NFL's all time sack leader across from him to do anything and above all else, in the number of games he's been invloved he's done less than Julius Peppers.

                If you're going to go by the method you want to count statistics you have remove everything he's ever earned by playing in a situational role, like he has done for 17 games.

                If you want to go off games started, which means they have to be on the field for the first defensive snap, it's ******** anyway, because Peppers started every game but was benched to protect him from injury heading into the playoffs in 03 and 05 and was benched to get younger guys some snaps in 04 and 06 when our season was beyond saving.

                So unless you want to do things properly stop throwing around the insults, games played is the only way to do things right.

                Games Started is useless, there's no way to tell how many sacks or tackles osi racked up in clean up time playing against second tier competition with a starter on the bench. Games played is the only way to do it with the material involved, otherwise you're taking statistics from games he didn't start and counting them with the others.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  What I know is he can't stay healthy, he needs the NFL's all time sack leader across from him to do anything and above all else, in the number of games he's been invloved he's done less than Julius Peppers.

                  If you're going to go by the method you want to count statistics you have remove everything he's ever earned by playing in a situational role, like he has done for 17 games.

                  If you want to go off games started, which means they have to be on the field for the first defensive snap, it's ******** anyway, because Peppers started every game but was benched to protect him from injury heading into the playoffs.

                  So unless you want to do things properly stop throwing around the insults, games played is the only way to do things right.
                  hahahahahaha

                  Before I allow you to talk about Osi anymore...admit that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to anything Giants related. Admit that your stats were flawed.

                  -Osi was hurt last year, that means he is injury prone?

                  -Osi got doubled more than Strahan last year, you didn't see that on the abundance of Giants tape you don't have? Hm.

                  -I never brought the stats up, YOU did. And now that the stats that YOU brought into the argument are not tilted in your favor, they are all of the sudden thrown out of the window?

                  -Osi was not a starter at the start of his career. He was an undersized pass rusher that that needed to add some bulk and after he did that, he became what I think he is.

                  -"The right way"? You mean the way that makes Peppers look better? How is it fair for you to count all of those stats from Osi's early start when he was primarily a special teams player? Oh I forgot, you don't know jack about the Giants.

                  -You are a joke.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                  Comment


                  • Dude just stop while you can.

                    Osi was starting at DE the second half of his second season, and that is when he took off. No garbage time sacks. Has Peppers ever had a garbage time sack? No way, right?
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                    Comment


                    • You want the adjusted stats... Based on his production by number of games he actually started, and his production therein.

                      Tackles: 3.2
                      Sacks: 0.6
                      FF: 0.18
                      TD: 0.01

                      Peppers
                      Total Tackles 3.3
                      Sacks 0.7
                      Forced Fumbles 0.22
                      Touchdowns 0.02

                      Still not as good. Nice try though.

                      He can get that, getting a lot less attention than Peppers, good for him. Besides all of this, you've proven for me that Peppers has been more productive for a longer period and more reliable.
                      Last edited by BlindSite; 05-17-2007, 02:13 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Oh and Blindsite-

                        Osi never played with the NFL's all time sack leader.

                        Unless of course Bruce Smith played for the Giants over the past 4 years, how about you go check out those game tapes you have of the G-Men.....oh wait.....
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          You want the adjusted stats... Based on his production by number of games he actually started, and his production therein.

                          Tackles: 3.2
                          Sacks: 0.6
                          FF: 0.18
                          TD: 0.01

                          Peppers
                          Total Tackles 3.3
                          Sacks 0.7
                          Forced Fumbles 0.22
                          Touchdowns 0.02

                          Still not as good. Nice try though.

                          He can get that, getting a lot less attention than Peppers, good for him.
                          Wait, where did you pull those numbers from?
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                          Comment


                          • This is how I did it, I took the number of starts, verses the number of games played. I then took his total stats, inclusive of all his action, whether starting or just playing and divided them according to games started.

                            What you see there, is his actual production PER START.

                            Not his, production, divided by number of starts, like you had.

                            I'm saying Osi isn't a probowl calibre end, what I am saying is he's not better than Julius Peppers, and I'm happy to say, there's nothing to support anything you or anyone has to say to the conjecture.

                            Comment


                            • You kept me up way too late, but at least I made another nieve fan of the NFL more enlightened. You are a prime example of one that does not know enough about players that do not play for the Panthers, thus your opinion is invalid. I'm off to bed, if you want to pick this up again tommorow then so be it.

                              Oh and....

                              You lose.
                              Originally posted by Paul
                              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                You kept me up way too late, but at least I made another nieve fan of the NFL more enlightened. You are a prime example of one that does not know enough about players that do not play for the Panthers, thus your opinion is invalid. I'm off to bed, if you want to pick this up again tommorow then so be it.

                                Oh and....

                                You lose.
                                Naive? No, I might not have as much info about your team as you do, but at least I know when I'm right.

                                The stats back me up, media outlets back me up, you're the only one who can't accept it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information