No announcement yet.

Will Smith or Osi Umenyiora?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get me started on Freeney. I've always said he is the most overrated player in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      Yes I do still believe he is better than Peppers.
      Sillybear, no DE in the NFL is better than Peppers.

He's better against the run than he is against the pass and he still gets held, or double teamed or cut at the line on every passing play, despite being run at all day and he just eats it up and asks for more.

Osi is a good defensive end, probably top 10 in the league, but better than Peppers? No way in hell.

Comment

Osi Umenyiora has 125 Tackles, 54 Assists, 28.5 Sacks, 8 Passes Defended, and 9 Forced Fumbles in 56 games played.

Will Smith has 109 Tackles, 40 Assists, 26.5 Sacks, 9 Passes Defended, and 11 Forced Fumbles in 46 games played.

Julius Peppers has 203 Tackles, 47 Assists, 53.5 sacks, 3 INTs, 26 passes defended and 17 forced fumbles in 76 games.

Osi would have to average over a sack a game to catch him in that stat, let alone the passes and fumbles, tackles he would probably get there, but RDE's always have more tackles than LDEs, its only normal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          Osi Umenyiora has 125 Tackles, 54 Assists, 28.5 Sacks, 8 Passes Defended, and 9 Forced Fumbles in 56 games played.

Will Smith has 109 Tackles, 40 Assists, 26.5 Sacks, 9 Passes Defended, and 11 Forced Fumbles in 46 games played.

Julius Peppers has 203 Tackles, 47 Assists, 53.5 sacks, 3 INTs, 26 passes defended and 17 forced fumbles in 76 games.

Osi would have to average over a sack a game to catch him in that stat, let alone the passes and fumbles, tackles he would probably get there, but RDE's always have more tackles than LDEs, its only normal.
          you must take into consideration that Osi was a special teams player in most of his first years games, was hurt last year, also had strahan hurt, forcing major double teams, while pepper had Rucker. Not saying Peppers isnt great, but these stats really dont say much. Plus peppers is a great athlete, so is Osi but Julius is a freak, and better in coverage, hence the more pass deflections
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I just get pissed when people say anyone is better than Peppers, no player at any position in the league is game planned as much as teams game plan for him.

No one, not Peyton, not LT, not Brady, not Taylor, no one.

Comment

Peppers is the best DE in the game and is often double and trimple teamed, but he also has an inconsistant motor.

Comment

I saw him play at OSU, total beast. Saw him get drafted to a divisional rival...still a total beast. Seriously though if you really think that Osi is a better player, then you need to watch some more film.

Comment

I just get pissed when people say anyone is better than Peppers, no player at any position in the league is game planned as much as teams game plan for him.

I really find that hard to believe, only for the fact that Peppers is pretty much always in the same spot before the snap. Does he get double teamed a ridiculous amount? Yes, but teams don't really have to game plan a ridiculous amount for him because he is always at LE. Jason Taylor for example, plays DE on both sides, plays OLB on both sides, plays ILB, blitzes, plays man, drops into zones, teams have to game plan a lot more for that because one guy does so much.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

OK ok, thats going toooo far, all of those players except Taylor are game planned as much or more than Peppers.

Comment

I love Peppers, but that's a hyperbole. Hell, Vick & maybe even Bush gets more preparation than Peppers does.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I think Peppers is the best DE in the game, right now. But that claim is outrageous, and I would very much like a source that corroborates that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          I think Peppers is the best DE in the game, right now. But that claim is outrageous, and I would very much like a source that corroborates that statement.
                          So Shiver does your sig represent a desire for Brohm? Release Vick after this year? Trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            My goddamn eyes.

Comment

My goddamn eyes.
                              You're saying that teams plan more for Peppers than say.. a Michael Vick? Or to a lesser extent a Reggie Bush? Peppers is tremendous, but please stop the homerism.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

yeah both are great young DEs...Will Smith plays the run a little better, Osi rushes the passer a little better. Theyre both rising stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information