Will Smith or Osi Umenyiora?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Smith or Osi Umenyiora?

I don't usually make threads like this because Lord knows the board is packed with them, but I was curious to see how some of the posters viewed two of up and coming DE's in the league. I'm not going to make a poll or anything, but just was seeking some good discussion about the issue. So, commence!
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Personally, I take Will Smith. He is an animal on the field. He is more of a force against the run than Umenyiora from what I have seen, and I have seen a lot more of Will than Osi. Smith also has less injury concerns than Osi for this plain and simple reason:

Originally posted by Osi Umenyiora
    "I have officially declared myself...the best defensive end in the NFL, To prove this...I will have one of the best seasons ever for a defensive end. If not, I will jump off the George Washington Bridge. I do not want to jump off the George Washington Bridge because it will be detrimental to my health."

Comment

Will Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost View Post
        "I have officially declared myself...the best defensive end in the NFL, To prove this...I will have one of the best seasons ever for a defensive end. If not, I will jump off the George Washington Bridge. I do not want to jump off the George Washington Bridge because it will be detrimental to my health."
        Did he really say that?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          Did he really say that?
          If so, it's nearly sig-worthy.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

he did say it, and he's hilarious. I love Osi, my favorite player in the NFL. Also i think he likes to be called by his proper name, Chief Osi.

edit: I may use that quote in my sig + my 800th post on my favorite NFL player!! :)
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Osi is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers.

Where is number10?

Sorry, I had to.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Most will probably pick Osi Umenyiora, since he's more known and 2006 was Smiths first year as a starter.

Comment

Just for that Osi quote, he is #2 on my list behind Joakim Noah in front of Tim Duncan.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I like Osi. I don't have him rated as high as Number10, but I have him a lot higher than most do.

Will Smith is good too, I wanted him in 2004 if Tommie Harris wasn't around (thankfully he was), but I'm gonna stick with Osi, and would up against almost any DE not named Peppers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I pick

errr...

There we go. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                        Most will probably pick Osi Umenyiora, since he's more known and 2006 was Smiths first year as a starter.
                        was it? he had 40 tackles then 60 tackles aswell as 7.5 sacks followed by 8.5

says he played all 16 games but i thought he was a starter or was Darren Howard and Grant ahead of him?

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                          was it? he had 40 tackles then 60 tackles aswell as 7.5 sacks followed by 8.5

says he played all 16 games but i thought he was a starter or was Darren Howard and Grant ahead of him?
                          2004 30 Tackles, 10 Assists, 7.5 Sacks, 6 Forced Fumbles
                          2005 48 Tackles, 12 Assists, 8.5 Sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles

Both years, Will Smith was the back-up to Charles Grant and Darren Howard. Smith did rotate with Howard often.

Comment

Jared Allen on the 12 step program.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Osi is a better and more productive DE than Will Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information