Pac-Man Prepared To Sue NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    I'm not sticking up for Tank. I think we should cut Tank. But what he's done is nowhere near as damaging to the reputation of the league as what Pac-Man has done.

Tank had a bunch of guns in his house.

Pac-Man hit a women, bit a cop, and has about 20 other felony charges to his name.

It's not even comparable.
    When those are convictions, I will be all for throwing Pacman out of the league. I completely understand the NFL is a private employer and has no obligation to allow him to play. I just think it sets a bad precedent.

What about all the people who have hit their wives/girlfriends, suspend them all too. Randy Moss hit a cop with a car, suspend his ass. I'm not defending what Pacman allegedly did. I am saying that you have to be consistent with your punishments.

If you want to base punishments on who has hurt the league most, Merriman deserves to be suspended indefinitely. It isn't known how involved Pacman was with the shooting, if it comes up that he had anything to do with it, then kick him out of the league. As far as anyone knows, his friend did it without him knowing, kinda like DH in Playmakers.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
      This is INSANE, if a regular person ordered a hit on a guy like Pac Man did, he would be in JAIL, not suing his employer for suspending him.
      This is INSANE, if a regular person was charged with ordering a hit on a guy like PacMan is being charged with, he would be innocent until proven guilty, not being crucified by people who know nothing of the case.

Until more comes out, you can't say he is guilty.
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        This is INSANE, if a regular person was charged with ordering a hit on a guy like PacMan is being charged with, he would be innocent until proven guilty, not being crucified by people who know nothing of the case.

Until more comes out, you can't say he is guilty.
        Sure he would. People get fired for being charged with crimes all the time. Welcome to the real world.

As for your previous post, you're comparing offenses that occured under Tagliabue with those happening now. It's a new commish..it's a new conduct policy..it's an entirely different case. Tags, even if he wanted to, couldn't have been as harsh on people like Moss becuase he didn't have the backup to do it. So your comparison doesn't hold water.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Pac-Man does have some grounds to fight this on. What is happening with him is unconstitutional. Ex Post Facto. He was involved in these altercations before the league behavior policy was in place. They established the behavior policy afterwards and then punished him for being "involved" in several incidents, that since he was not found guilty, were not against the rules. But I don't know how much that would effect the NFL they can suspend whoever they want and there is little anyone can do about it. I doubt Pac-Man gets anywhere with this but he does have a case.

Comment

For everyone who says Pacman hasnt been convicted of anything etc, remember that doesn't stop employers from firing employees in any other line of work.

Had Pacman been a mailman instead of a CB, he wouldnt been fired 10 felonies ago. You don't have to be convicted to get fired. Thats how the real world operates.

Comment

Sure he would. People get fired for being charged with crimes all the time. Welcome to the real world.

As for your previous post, you're comparing offenses that occured under Tagliabue with those happening now. It's a new commish..it's a new conduct policy..it's an entirely different case. Tags, even if he wanted to, couldn't have been as harsh on people like Moss becuase he didn't have the backup to do it. So your comparison doesn't hold water.
              The fact that he has been accused of so many crimes and has been involved in so many incidents it's pretty safe to say he has done something illegal even if the courts can't prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                Pac-Man does have some grounds to fight this on. What is happening with him is unconstitutional. Ex Post Facto. He was involved in these altercations before the league behavior policy was in place. They established the behavior policy afterwards and then punished him for being "involved" in several incidents, that since he was not found guilty, were not against the rules. But I don't know how much that would effect the NFL they can suspend whoever they want and there is little anyone can do about it. I doubt Pac-Man gets anywhere with this but he does have a case.
                Eh...the bolded part there is your answer. If it were a legal system maybe he would have grounds to fight on...but its not its a business. And as long as they aren't discriminating they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want.

Comment

What I said had nothing to do with him getting in trouble. It was the fact that that guy said he was getting treated different by the police. I was just pointing out the fact that he is getting treated different by every, both not having been charged, and already being seen as guilty by most people.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    For everyone who says Pacman hasnt been convicted of anything etc, remember that doesn't stop employers from firing employees in any other line of work.

Had Pacman been a mailman instead of a CB, he wouldnt been fired 10 felonies ago. You don't have to be convicted to get fired. Thats how the real world operates.
                    The only thing I am saying is to be consistent, it sets a bad precedent to arbitrarily dish out punishments. The NFL has every right to ban him from the league if they so choose. However, if it isn't kept consistent, he does have a case. He wouldn't get reinstated, but he might win a large award due to discrimination. It is unlikely, but possible.

All I ask is to keep consistent with everyone in the league.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This is not a consitutional issue.

And he committed violations both before and after the policy, unlike Tank who only commited them under the old one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

being accused alot is not as bad as actually being arrested, tank deserves a year just like pac

if he doesnt get it im gonna be pissed, and i hope he does sue

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          That is my feelings as well.

Comment

They could punish him just the same even by the old rules. The new rules are more strict, but the old rules state the commish can do whatever he wants for the better of the league, and this falls under that category, therefore its in the old rules.

Comment

The Federal Courts (especially the Supreme Courts) generally side with businesses. PacMan has little chance of winning.

He still doesn't get it.

Comment

There is no state action here so there is no constitutional issue involved.

This guy is a complete moron and is clearly a slave to the impulses and influence of those around him. Talking heads giving their "legal analysis" is laughable at best and engaging in the unlawful practice of law at worst. The likelihood that Pac-Man will end up with anything other than a lot less money is slim...like Olsen twins slim.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information