No announcement yet.

Roger Goodells Legacy So Far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hard ass...but it's good for the league.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Too strict, or maybe it's because he is using pacman as an example. I don't know if it is right to suspend someone for a season who has never been convicted of anything, or suspend them at all.

Comment

Is coming off as very power hungry. Concerning himself far to much in things other than football.

Suspensions are bad, I will always feel that way, how long until we get a ridiculous situation like the NBA has just had with Amare and Diaw? Goodell is being far to heavy handed and brash with his decisions, needs to be far more calculated.

You cant just suspend guys for being associated with a crime. Otherwise he better get started on half the league. May as well start with Marshawn Lynch who was accused of a crime. Absolutely have to go with innocent until proven guilty.

All that said, if he is going to act like he has with Pacman he must stay consistent. Which means that guys like Tank Johnson, who have actually committed a crime, need to get at least a year and a half. If accusation = 1 year, guilty should = 2 years. It wont though, this is always the problem with an overbearing and over involved commissioner they rule on everything and you lose all consistency and common sense, just like Stern has in the NBA and the end result is the league loses more credibility than one player could ever do, just like the NBA.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

The NFL is the wild west with hoodlums, thugs, and their posse. There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Roger Goodell. He is taking back the streets for the law abiding citizens of the NFL.

It's the NFL, not the Bloods and Crypts.

Comment

Too strict? Gimme me a break.

When you continually abuse your privileges like Adam Jones has you deserve a kick in the ass. Playing this sport is a privilege, not a right.

Comment

Originally posted by RedAttack View Post
              Too strict? Gimme me a break.

When you continually abuse your privileges like Adam Jones has you deserve a kick in the ass. Playing this sport is a privilege, not a right.
              Yup. And that's what Goodell is saying to the league.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I just think he is involving himself in the personal lives of the players to much. When has an employer ever imposed a curfew on its employees?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  I just think he is involving himself in the personal lives of the players to much. When has an employer ever imposed a curfew on its employees?
                  What are the details of the curfew that he proposed?

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information