Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning is the Next John Elway...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by ChargerCohen
    Eli has proven absolutely nothing. At least with bucktooth John you could always see the spark. For all his physical tools, Eli doesn't have "it" and you can tell the Giants fans know it too, otherwise they wouldn't be so defensive all the time. :D
    Eli has proved more than Rivers, so I wouldn't be talking. Rivers is this year's Ben Roethlisberger.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      Originally posted by ChargerCohen
      Eli has proven absolutely nothing. At least with bucktooth John you could always see the spark. For all his physical tools, Eli doesn't have "it" and you can tell the Giants fans know it too, otherwise they wouldn't be so defensive all the time. :D
      Eli has proved more than Rivers, so I wouldn't be talking. Rivers is this year's Ben Roethlisberger.
      What is wrong with Reoth, as a rookie and 2nd year player they eased up on the playbook.... Any OC that doesn't is asking for trouble. Ben has been asked to do more but there's a ton of reasons why Roeth has had a bad season.. i don't see why everyone is so against Ben.

      Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        Originally posted by ChargerCohen
        Eli has proven absolutely nothing. At least with bucktooth John you could always see the spark. For all his physical tools, Eli doesn't have "it" and you can tell the Giants fans know it too, otherwise they wouldn't be so defensive all the time. :D
        Eli has proved more than Rivers, so I wouldn't be talking. Rivers is this year's Ben Roethlisberger.
        What is wrong with Reoth, as a rookie and 2nd year player they eased up on the playbook.... Any OC that doesn't is asking for trouble. Ben has been asked to do more but there's a ton of reasons why Roeth has had a bad season.. i don't see why everyone is so against Ben.
        Im not against Ben, I was just pointing out that Rivers is getting more acclaim than he deserves right now. Similar to Ben his first 2 seasons. Nothing against Ben, its just that he was a tad overrated by many after judging his first 2 seasons.

        The same people are making the same mistake with Rivers this year. They rip on Ben and Eli, yet fail to realize that Rivers is no different from Ben last year, so theyre being hypocritical. Ive defended Ben on this hypocrisy before.

        Comment


        • #34
          i'm gonna go out on a limb and say eli isn't the next john elway.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Originally posted by Ghettosermon
            Haha yeah ST21 was pretty crazy, I always tried to defend him but it was hard. He has been rather calm though since coming back if you haven't noticed he has been here since like the past 4 months. Under the names Thagame2K6 and 21st. He hasn't said anything that annoys me other than when someone gives us Gaines Adams he says Skins don't draft DE's, that kinda annoys me.
            So it was him saying that? I was always like "wtf, why wouldn't you?" everytime I heard that. Ive always said you guys needed a LE.

            Ive read an interesting article on the Skins on espn though, I think you'd be interested in reading it. It gives you a behind the scenes on whats really wrong. I dont know how valid it is, but check it out.

            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...t&lid=tab3pos1

            I actually got it off Ward's sig, I found it to be an interesting read.
            Yeah Ward posted it in the skins team thread I'm gonna read it a little later, saw how long it is and I'm not in the mood right now.

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dcarey20
              i'm gonna go out on a limb and say eli isn't the next john elway.
              That takes balls.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                Eli has proven absolutely nothing. At least with bucktooth John you could always see the spark. For all his physical tools, Eli doesn't have "it" and you can tell the Giants fans know it too, otherwise they wouldn't be so defensive all the time. :D
                Eli has proved more than Rivers, so I wouldn't be talking. Rivers is this year's Ben Roethlisberger.
                What is wrong with Reoth, as a rookie and 2nd year player they eased up on the playbook.... Any OC that doesn't is asking for trouble. Ben has been asked to do more but there's a ton of reasons why Roeth has had a bad season.. i don't see why everyone is so against Ben.
                Im not against Ben, I was just pointing out that Rivers is getting more acclaim than he deserves right now. Similar to Ben his first 2 seasons. Nothing against Ben, its just that he was a tad overrated by many after judging his first 2 seasons.

                The same people are making the same mistake with Rivers this year. They rip on Ben and Eli, yet fail to realize that Rivers is no different from Ben last year, so theyre being hypocritical. Ive defended Ben on this hypocrisy before.
                I know you defended ben, thats why i was confused.

                I agree it's hippocritical to proclaim rivers top 5 for doing the same thing they've knocked Ben for the last 2 years.

                Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                Comment


                • #38
                  Jay Cutler is the next Elway

                  Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                  XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                  Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                  http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Kurve
                    I really hope Eli does well in his career but one thing that kind bothers me with eli is that he never shows emotion like his brother he sometimes plays as if he has no care if he throws a td or int.
                    I couldn't tell you a thing about Eli's demeanor last week, but I know that I saw what was arguably his best performance yet in the pros as a starting quarterback.

                    Funny that.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Geo
                      Originally posted by Kurve
                      I really hope Eli does well in his career but one thing that kind bothers me with eli is that he never shows emotion like his brother he sometimes plays as if he has no care if he throws a td or int.
                      I couldn't tell you a thing about Eli's demeanor last week, but I know that I saw what was arguably his best performance yet in the pros as a starting quarterback.

                      Funny that.
                      That was not arguably his best performance in the pros.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        yea Eli has had several better games then last week. definitely.

                        And when you say Eli doesnt show emotion, come on. Its his second season as QB. He is directing the offense more but hes playing with a lot of seasoned veterans out there. he doesnt want to show up guys like Tiki, Toomer, shockey, and the line who have been in the league and on the Giants a lot longer then him. He is still a relative newcomer.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Romo is the next Tom Brady

                          They both took over for drew blesoe and they both win


                          :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

                          PS tom brady sucks

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by 80Giants10
                            yea Eli has had several better games then last week. definitely.

                            And when you say Eli doesnt show emotion, come on. Its his second season as QB. He is directing the offense more but hes playing with a lot of seasoned veterans out there. he doesnt want to show up guys like Tiki, Toomer, shockey, and the line who have been in the league and on the Giants a lot longer then him. He is still a relative newcomer.
                            People are born with emotion. You don't gain it through playing years in the NFL, plus he played through high school / college. :roll:

                            Sig by Hitman D.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by KILLERSANTA
                              Romo is the next Tom Brady

                              They both took over for drew blesoe and they both win


                              :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

                              PS tom brady sucks

                              by far one of the worst posters... he's up against Soybean.

                              Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                ...... NOT!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information