no

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
      Originally posted by KILLERSANTA
      Romo is the next Tom Brady

They both took over for drew blesoe and they both win

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PS tom brady sucks

by far one of the worst posters... he's up against Soybean.
      :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
        Originally posted by dcarey20
        i'm gonna go out on a limb and say eli isn't the next john elway.
        That takes balls.

Comment

Last week it was a ELI SUCKS!!!! thread. This week it's a thread comparing Manning to the greatest QB in nfl history. :roll: You people flip flop more than John Kerry on foreign policy.

Comment

lol eli manning will be very solid. He may even be great. But don't say he is the next John Elway when has only played three years in the NFL hahah

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby
              Last week it was a ELI SUCKS!!!! thread. This week it's a thread comparing Manning to the greatest QB in nfl history. :roll: You people flip flop more than John Kerry on foreign policy.

I just came to this site a couple weeks ago but I have always been an Eli supporter

Comment

if eli manning carries the new york giants to the super bowl next year, literally by himself on offense, you can compare him to elway and i'll agree with you. until that happens, the only similarity they *might* have is that their hometown fans hate them in year 3 (and i don't know for sure if the general giants fans hate eli yet or not).

Comment

Is this thread a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by danman253
                    Is this thread a joke?
                    Seriously. John Elway is arguably the greatest QB to ever live. At the HS level, college level, and in the NFL. *arguably*
                    Eli is Peyton's brother and Archie's son. He has plenty of potential, but nothing like what Elway had. There are a few parallels in their stories at this point in Eli's career, but that's the extent of it. It's like comparing Luke Ridnour to John Stockton. Some similarities, but.......not even close.

Comment

Is this thread a joke?
                      yes.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
                        Is this thread a joke?
                        Seriously. John Elway is arguably the greatest QB to ever live. At the HS level, college level, and in the NFL. *arguably*
                        Eli is Peyton's brother and Archie's son. He has plenty of potential, but nothing like what Elway had. There are a few parallels in their stories at this point in Eli's career, but that's the extent of it. It's like comparing Luke Ridnour to John Stockton. Some similarities, but.......not even close.
                        As far as HS goes they didn't get much more dominant than Kerry Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
                          Originally posted by duckseason
                          Is this thread a joke?
                          As far as HS goes they didn't get much more dominant than Kerry Collins.
                          Yeah, it's tough to argue about that 'cuz none of us have seen enough guys at that level to label anybody the best. I'm just going off what I've heard. When Elway showed up at Stanford as a Freshman, 2 sophomore's immediately transferred out. Don't much care about that, or his college career though 'cuz that was before my time. From what I've seen though, he was the best QB in the NFL. Just ahead of Dan Marino.

Comment

Fine then, Tony Romo is the next Joe Montana and Steve Young combined into 1.

Comment

how do you get 25.3 tds?

Comment

Re: Eli Manning is the Next John Elway...

Originally posted by 80Giants10
                                -Eli Manning and John Elway were both the #1 pick in the draft. They were both traded for the 4th player chosen in the draft along with other players and picks.

-Eli Manning and John Elway were both drafted by teams that they never played for, and demanded a trade.

-both Eli and Elway were Hiesman finalists, but didn't receive the award

-Eli and Elway were both drafted first in drafts rich in the Quarterback position (Marino and Jim Kelly, Phil Rivers and Big Ben)

- their stats through 3 seasons are almost identical. Just take a look

Elway

1983 123/259 47.4% 1,663 yards 7 TDs 14 INTs
                                1984 214/380 56.3% 2,598 yards 18 TDs 15 INTs
                                1985 327/605 54.0% 3,891 yards 22 TDs 23 INTs

Eli

2004 95/197 48.2% 1043 yards 6 TDs 9 INTs
                                2005 294/557 52.8 3762 yards 24 TDs 17 INTs
                                2006 314/530 59.0% 3486 yards 25.3 TDs 20 INTs

I projected Eli's last 4 games of 2006.

- Eli looks a lot like Elway with his fourth quarter heroics.

Peyton Manning may be the next Dan Marino, but Eli is the next John Elway, who has the rings.
                                God your an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information