No announcement yet.

Eli Manning is the Next John Elway...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This a horrible comparison any that this comparison is apt is really dumb. Elway carried teams to super bowls by himself. Elway's mobility and arm strength are legendary. Elway might be the last true franchise QB to appear in the NFl

This is a joke, Elway is a hall of famer, Eli has three years under his belt, what a joke

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat
      This a horrible comparison any that this comparison is apt is really dumb. Elway carried teams to super bowls by himself. Elway's mobility and arm strength are legendary. Elway might be the last true franchise QB to appear in the NFl

This is a joke, Elway is a hall of famer, Eli has three years under his belt, what a joke
      Umm Peyton Manning? Among quite a few others. That statement made no sense.

Comment

Re: Eli Manning is the Next John Elway...

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Originally posted by Paul
        Originally posted by 80Giants10
        -Eli Manning and John Elway were both the #1 pick in the draft. They were both traded for the 4th player chosen in the draft along with other players and picks.

-Eli Manning and John Elway were both drafted by teams that they never played for, and demanded a trade.

-both Eli and Elway were Hiesman finalists, but didn't receive the award

-Eli and Elway were both drafted first in drafts rich in the Quarterback position (Marino and Jim Kelly, Phil Rivers and Big Ben)

- their stats through 3 seasons are almost identical. Just take a look

Elway

1983 123/259 47.4% 1,663 yards 7 TDs 14 INTs
        1984 214/380 56.3% 2,598 yards 18 TDs 15 INTs
        1985 327/605 54.0% 3,891 yards 22 TDs 23 INTs

Eli

2004 95/197 48.2% 1043 yards 6 TDs 9 INTs
        2005 294/557 52.8 3762 yards 24 TDs 17 INTs
        2006 314/530 59.0% 3486 yards 25.3 TDs 20 INTs

I projected Eli's last 4 games of 2006.

- Eli looks a lot like Elway with his fourth quarter heroics.

Peyton Manning may be the next Dan Marino, but Eli is the next John Elway, who has the rings.
        God your an idiot.

It never gets old.
        Upper class pwns bourgeoisie
        The bourgeoisie is the upper (and middle) class.
        I thought it was the upper middle class and middle class? Eh, whatever.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bourgeoisie

Dictionary.com says its just middle class, but Ive heard it pertains to upper middle as well.

Comment

I really hate when people make these kinds of predicitons about players. All it does is make Eli look like a huge diaspointment even if he plays well if he doesn't outplay Elway which very few people do. He already has to live with being copared to his brother and always being expected to be as good as him. I just think people need to stop setting Eli up to be a disapointment.

If his name wasn't Manning people wouldn't consider him to be a huge bust at this point. But since his name is Manning people expect him to be his brother right now and that just isn't fair.

Plus he has to deal with the pressures of New York but he picked that poison.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Is this thread implying that if Eli was not struggling this year, than he would not be the next Elway? But now that he is struggling he will be Elway?

Comment

^ It would seem yes...

As for this thread. Does anyone else feel like making an Eli Manning thread? I mean, it's not like we just had an 8+ pager less than a week ago. This is really getting ridiculous. This is last new one that will be made. Anymore Eli Manning threads will not just be closed, they will be deleted. If you want to talk about Eli Manning, you can dig up one of the old ones and post in there, or you can all get together to discuss Eli Manning's facial complexion and tight butt in the Giants thread.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

"As for this thread. Does anyone else feel like making an Eli Manning thread? I mean, it's not like we just had an 8+ pager less than a week ago. This is really getting ridiculous. This is last new one that will be made. Anymore Eli Manning threads will not just be closed, they will be deleted. If you want to talk about Eli Manning, you can dig up one of the old ones and post in there, or you can all get together to discuss Eli Manning's facial complexion and tight butt in the Giants thread."

well sorry but I have been on this forum for less then a week. Am I suppose to research every topic that has ever been discussed here before posting or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031
                  Is this thread implying that if Eli was not struggling this year, than he would not be the next Elway? But now that he is struggling he will be Elway?

If he was not struggling, the thread will be "LOL @ teh Haters, Manning is just like Carson Palmer."

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information