X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU
    started a topic Is Coltson loosing the Rookie of the Year

Is Coltson loosing the Rookie of the Year

Through nine games, it was all over Marques Colston would win the Rookie of the Year trophy.

after people starting hearing about him he posted
    Week 7- 163 2 TDs
    Week 8- 11 for 123 w/ 1 TD
    Week 9- 10 for 169

but 4 weeks later he hasnt played and might not play tonight

during these 4 weeks

Addai is dominating, Bush is getting his attention back after Colston stole it from him. Vince Young is owning leading his teams to comeback wins every week it seems. Maurice Jones Drew has 7 TD's in the last 5 games (and could get more vs Indy)

so is Coltson going to win?

• Smooth Criminal
    replied
    The reason Colston won't get it is because of the injuries and Vince Young's recent success. People always seem to remember what happens at the end of the year instead of looking at the whole thing when it comes to awards.

Leave a comment:

• eacantdraft
    replied
    Originally posted by Fogartynyy2789
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner
    As much as I love HOFSTRA's Colston, he was never winning the ROY anyway.
    Care to expound on that, or are you just talking out of your ass?
    Yes I will.

1. Colston is not a superstar. There is no way people are going to give the award to a seventh round draft pick.

2. Reggie Bush or Marques Colston. Put yourself in the media's shoes. Let's see we can have the most marketbale player in pro football right now or someone who went to school on Long Island and prior to this year nobody had ever heard of.

3. Reggie Bush has "saved" New Orleans along with Drew Brees, according to the media.

4. Vince Young is having a better year than both of them and has resurrected a franchise by himself.

Any questions???
    1. Yeah right. Curtis Martin was 3rd round pick. Mike Anderson was a late round pick. They both won ROTY.

2. Bush isn't even the most marketable player in the league, on his team, or in this years rookie class (Vince Young is).

3. Bush hasn't been much of a factor in saving New Orleans.

If Colston doesn't get rookie of the year, it's because he has been injured the past few weeks and other rookies have been making a run for it lately. Plus New Orleans hasn't missed a beat without him. And voters tend to look who was the hottest in the 2nd half of the season. There is still 3 games to go. Alot can change.

Leave a comment:

• TPFKA#1SaintsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
    1. Colston is not a superstar. There is no way people are going to give the award to a seventh round draft pick.
    I'd also like to point out that Mike Anderson won rookie of the year in 2000 as a 6th round draft pick. Where you were drafted has nothing to do with it.
    Dominic Davis won it as well. Was he 3rd or 4th round. Actually I take that back. He won the one voted on by the fans or something.
    I don't think 2003 was even a competition. Anquan Boldin won it easy.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
    I'd also like to point out that Mike Anderson won rookie of the year in 2000 as a 6th round draft pick. Where you were drafted has nothing to do with it.
    Dominic Davis won it as well. Was he 3rd or 4th round. Actually I take that back. He won the one voted on by the fans or something.

Leave a comment:

• TPFKA#1SaintsFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TPFKA#1SaintsFan
    replied
    Yes I will.

2. Reggie Bush or Marques Colston. Put yourself in the media's shoes. Let's see we can have the most marketbale player in pro football right now or someone who went to school on Long Island and prior to this year nobody had ever heard of.

3. Reggie Bush has "saved" New Orleans along with Drew Brees, according to the media.

4. Vince Young is having a better year than both of them and has resurrected a franchise by himself.

Any questions???
    1. So the most hyped rookie every year automatically wins rookie of the year? Gimme a break. :roll:

2. Bush is making a case for himself recently. Colston has been spectacular since the beginning of the season.

3. That has nothing to do with the award.

4. Nothing to do with what you originally said. You said Colston never was winning ROY, when actually before he got injured he was the frontrunner by quite a bit. If he finishes up strong, he still is in the running.

Leave a comment:

• FlutiesDropKick
    replied
    Yes I will.

Any questions???
    yeah one. If antoine agudio went undrafted by the NBA from the same school and had a colston like year you would def be calling for him for ROY. Aside from the man crush, whats differant

Leave a comment:

• Fogartynyy2789
    replied
    Yes I will.

Any questions???

Leave a comment:

• njx9
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
    Originally posted by Paul
    Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Young is 6-4 as a starter with the losses coming to teams with a combined record of 36-15, with two of those losses coming by one single point
    :shock: :shock: If you were on Around the Horn you get 25pts. that's some good stats.
    Isn't vince 6-1 as a starter? I'm pretty sure that Collins started 0-3...

and Colston was the leader.
    vince has started 10 games this season, starting week 3. he's 6-4.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul
    Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Young is 6-4 as a starter with the losses coming to teams with a combined record of 36-15, with two of those losses coming by one single point
    :shock: :shock: If you were on Around the Horn you get 25pts. that's some good stats.
    Isn't vince 6-1 as a starter? I'm pretty sure that Collins started 0-3...

and Colston was the leader.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TPFKA#1SaintsFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fogartynyy2789
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 4pAc
    replied
    Vince Young is Awatham

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information