Rookie of the Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marks01234
    Vince Young is just making plays. Pass Rating is a flawed stat anyway as it places so much emphasis on completion percentage. Just look at David Carr's numbers. Would you honestly take Carr over Vince Young for one game this year?

Bingo.

Comment

I posted this in the other thread...I'll just add it in here as well..(mods why not merge the 2 topics?)

"I think Colston lost rookie of the year when he went down with that ankle injury, and other guys like VY, and J-Drew started tearing it up.Which is a shame because he was having a great season up until then.

I think he can possibly reclaim it if he surges strong over the last 3 games and finishes with 1,200 yards, 10 TDs...

however if VY get's 2 more dramatic wins like he's been having...he's a lock for it IMO."

Comment

OMG Maurice Drew ran over the worst run defense in football!! Give him the ROY!!!1! :roll:

It's easily Young for me. He's just too clutch and he is the main reason the Titans are winning football games.

Comment

Who is most responsible for his team's success? Who is keeping his team in games that they should have lost? Who is progressing at an incredible rate week after week? Vince ****ing Young.

Vince Young is ROTY by far and is only to get better. If he keeps progressing at this rate and level he's going to dethrone Manning as the top quarterback in the NFL in three years. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks
            MJD, Addai, and Colston have all been great, but none of them has done much to alter his team's fortune. When the team does well, they do well....when the team struggles, they struggle. ( It's also worth mentioning that MJD and Addai aren't even starters for their own teams).
            Vince Young has almost singlehandedly changed the course of the Titans' season. They started out a pitiful 0-5, and looked horrible in the process. Since then, they're 6-2, including three consecutive upsets over playoff contenders, and a one-point loss to the Ravens. (Blocked FG on the game's final play....argh!)

Some seem to think the Titans' running game is saving Young...the truth is, the opposite is closer to the truth:

Titans rushing totals:
            pre-VY....~70 yards/game
            w/ VY.....~170 yards/game

Travis Henry...
            pre-VY....2.7 ypc average
            w/ VY..... 4.7 ypc average

Vince's passing stats may not look like much at first glance, but he's literally improving every week. He's not the same guy who was going out there in week 4....or even week 8.

He had his struggles early on, but in his last three games, VY has thrown for 65% completions, 630 yards, 4 TD's, and 3 INT's.... he's also run for 225 yards and 2 TD's. In other words, now that he's getting accustomed to the NFL game, Vince Young is averaging almost 300 yards of individual offense and two TD's per game.
            And most important of all, he's winning.

(Incidentally....had it not been for Jones-Drew's 166 yards rushing today, he'd have fewer rushing yards than Vince Young.)
            Drew had 100+ vs. the Colts, and the Jaguars lost.

He had a pretty good game against the Bills, and the Jaguars lost.

He was, like, the only offensive player that showed up in the drubbing in Houston, getting most of the team catches.

However, that's a pretty good argument for VY and you can't argue against it.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by A-Dub4President
              I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements. This "what have you done for me lately" attitude is foolish. Vince Young was stinking up the house on his first bunch of games. Is this an indictment of his ability to succeed at the quarterback position? Of course not. However, simply because he's had three (or is it four?) come from behind victories doesn't negate the awful performances before. Colston was a shoe in five weeks ago, and although he missed a few games due to injury should still be the frontrunner. Mo Jo has been taking care of business, however he shouldn't be ahead of Coltson because of a few stellar games either. The DROY, DeMeco Ryans, would probably be second, with Mo Jo third.
              Thank you. I completely agree.

Comment

I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements.
                Silly me....I was under the impression that ROY was the MVP award for rookies.

Comment

Vince wins it for me. He's had some huge wins this year and few expected him to play so well so soon.

PM me for sig requests
                  Originally posted by Sean Connery
                  Suck it Trebek!

Comment

I think if the season ended now, Colston should still win. You have to look at the entire body of work, and not just the last few games. If Colston continues to put up below average numbers over the next three games and Young and Jones-Drew continue their play, then I'd bump one of them past Colston. But from day one to now, Colston has been the ROY.

Comment

I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements.
                      So because Colston and Maurice Jones-Drew landed in better situations they should be penalized for not being the only impact players on their team? It isn't most valuable rookie, it's rookie of the year. The only reason that Young is being mentioned as a serious candidate is because he has gotten hot at the right time. Colston had it looked away earlier in the year, and barring a catastrophic meltdown, it's his award. That said, Young will probably win.

Comment

Then you would be unquestionably wrong. It is absolutely NOT the MVP for rookies. Look it up. It awards the most impressive individual performance for rookies. That's it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

And all of you are severly underating the high chance that Reggie Bush still has of winning this, whether you like it or not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Yah if Bush doesn't slow down he wins by default.

MJD is sick though.

Young can break his leg for all I care, I was at the Rose Bowl, it sucked. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                              Yah if Bush doesn't slow down he wins by default.

MJD is sick though.

Young can break his leg for all I care, I was at the Rose Bowl, it sucked. :D
                              you must be a usc fan
                              Michael Vick 2.0 = Part 2 - 2011 NFL Season

Comment

I would give it to Marques Coltson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information