No announcement yet.

Rookie of the Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonnna have to go with VY cause I have been a big supporter of him ever since he came out of high school and he has lead the Titans to a 6-4 record. I do think however Colston has to be considered because he was the biggest surprise on the biggest surprise team. The Saints would not be 9-4 without him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

The thing about Colston is he has a lot of attention diverted from him to Reggie Bush.

Comment

If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating? It's still only hovering around 65. My vote would be for Maurice Jones-Drew. He's the best touchdown maker on a playoff team.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
          If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
            If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.
            I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?
              My point is you cannot compare the struggles of Reggie Bush with the struggles of Vince Young. Young wasn't expected to put up good passing 'stats,' Reggie Bush was expected to be productive as a runner, in their respective rookie seasons.

Comment

I hate how ROY and OROY have pretty much become synonomous defensive players should get some consideration. Demeco has been more dominant than just about any other rookie on any side of the ball.

Comment

Titans with Vince Young 6-4.
                  Titans with Reggie Bush 0-10.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?
                    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?
                      That doesn't matter. McNair was gone even if they hadn't drafted Young. It was a money issue.

A Kerry Collins and Reggie Bush combo wouldn't have won many games.

Comment

I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                          I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.
                          You are also have to put in Young rushing #'s and there are three games left, right now i would say
                          1. Drew
                          2. Young
                          3. Colston
                          4. Addai
                          5. Bush
                          6. Leinart

But with three games left this could change alot IMO.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

McNair wouldn't have helped us much if any, because Young is opening the passing and rushing game for Henry with his legs, Bush would make an impact with us.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
                              I hate how ROY and OROY have pretty much become synonomous defensive players should get some consideration. Demeco has been more dominant than just about any other rookie on any side of the ball.
                              I agree

Comment

I absolutely agree about DeMeco Ryans....in light of what he's done, it's hard to argue for anyone else as DROY. He takes it hands-down, IMO. Ryans' performance as a rookie has impressed me more than Merriman's rookie performance last year.....and Merriman had a helluva year last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information