Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver
    Originally posted by keylime_5
    Vince Young is inhuman. He's already a great quaterback and he hasn't even started but about a dozen games as a pro

Don't say that! The purists will bring out the stats sheet and claim he's a running back playing out of position. :roll:
    IMO he is more in the mold of a McNair or McNabb, he will spend alot of time running around until he learns the offense and how to read pro style defenses. Eventually he will become more of a pocket guy, however I don't think he will be AS pocket oriented as McNabb had become because he will not be as good a passer as McNabb.

Vick simply put is not and never will be a great passer, therefore he must continue to create plays with his legs, VY will become more than that.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon
      Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
      If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.
      I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?
      Titans with Vince Young 6-4.
      Titans with Reggie Bush 0-10.
      And again, if this was the rookie MVP award, he would win. It's not. It's rookie of the year, team accomplishments should be entirely superfulous. Would Anquan Boldin have won his rookie year on a 4-12 team if it was?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.
        I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?
        Numbers don't tell the whole story. Look at how they have played and I think it's clear that Vince Young is #1 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jblaze66
          Vince Young is inhuman. He's already a great quaterback and he hasn't even started but about a dozen games as a pro

Don't say that! The purists will bring out the stats sheet and claim he's a running back playing out of position. :roll:
          IMO he is more in the mold of a McNair or McNabb, he will spend alot of time running around until he learns the offense and how to read pro style defenses. Eventually he will become more of a pocket guy, however I don't think he will be AS pocket oriented as McNabb had become because he will not be as good a passer as McNabb.

Vick simply put is not and never will be a great passer, therefore he must continue to create plays with his legs, VY will become more than that.
          I kind of agree with that however Vince Young is much faster and has better moves than McNabb. McNabb isnt that great of a pocket passer its just that he throws a great deep ball. Probably better than Vince's deep ball will ever be. But Vince will become a good passer in the NFL with time and a better overall passer than McNabb in my opinion. McNabb has trouble with 10-25 yard routes the intermediate stuff plus he has stretches in games where he is very inconsistant.
          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
            I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.
            Stats are misleading, if you were to add in his rushing touchdowns for a qb rating, it would be much better. Plus, 2 interceptions that I've seen weren't his fault. His interception against Houston his receiver just got outmuscled and didn't make the effort to defend the ball. Had it been Anquan Boldin that would not have been the case. Not sure which game, but the very last play before half time instead of taking a knee he threw a long bomb that got picked. If Young was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing. Vince wins and thats all there is to it. Leinart couldn't do anything but watch Vince run into the end zone and win the game at the Rose Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
              If Anyone was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing.
              Fixed for accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by jblaze66

Vince Young is a far superior athlete to McNabb and McNair, and only slightly behind Vick in the freak athlete ability.

Vick's passing is no worse than Steve McNair at the same point of their respective career. While I do agree, Vince has more upside as a passer than any of the aformentioned players, only because of his height advantage.

Comment

If Anyone was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing.
                  Fixed for accuracy.
                  i guess i can argue kurt warner, and josh mccown.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                    I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.
                    Stats are misleading, if you were to add in his rushing touchdowns for a qb rating, it would be much better. Plus, 2 interceptions that I've seen weren't his fault. His interception against Houston his receiver just got outmuscled and didn't make the effort to defend the ball. Had it been Anquan Boldin that would not have been the case. Not sure which game, but the very last play before half time instead of taking a knee he threw a long bomb that got picked. If Young was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing. Vince wins and thats all there is to it. Leinart couldn't do anything but watch Vince run into the end zone and win the game at the Rose Bowl.
                    There's just a little bit of irony as Fitzgerald had the ball outmuscled and ripped from his hands just this pass Sunday for a Leinart interception, and Anquan Boldin had over five drops against the Rams, and has had some trouble with his hands this year.

But on a somewhat unrelated note, I hate when people trash the QB rating (which isn't perfect) and then go on to site wins/losses as a legitimate measure of which to judge quarterbacks. It isn't. Wins and losses should only be used to judge a team's performance, whereas statistics were created for the sole purpose of determining an individual's performance. No players are "immune" to stats. If Vince had been playing at the same level this last month over the course of the entire year, he'd be ROY. Both Colston and Ryans have been playing at a high level the entire season (consistency is the most important trait of a player) and therefore are more deserving.

Comment

DEVIN HESTER!! :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean
                        Fixed for accuracy.
                        i guess i can argue kurt warner, and josh mccown.
                        Josh McCown had quite a few big games. Even Kurt Warner had five 300 yard games with those two in '05.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                          DEVIN HESTER!! :D
                          agreed

Comment

Devin Hester.

sig by VLS
                            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
                              Devin Hester.
                              yup

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Its such a great class of ROokies its hard to pick. Young, Bush, Hester, Colston, Drew, Addai. I'd go wit hVY right now but there are lots of deserving candidates

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information