X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Dub4President
    Originally posted by cunningham06
    Originally posted by draftguru151
    I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.
    Stats are misleading, if you were to add in his rushing touchdowns for a qb rating, it would be much better. Plus, 2 interceptions that I've seen weren't his fault. His interception against Houston his receiver just got outmuscled and didn't make the effort to defend the ball. Had it been Anquan Boldin that would not have been the case. Not sure which game, but the very last play before half time instead of taking a knee he threw a long bomb that got picked. If Young was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing. Vince wins and thats all there is to it. Leinart couldn't do anything but watch Vince run into the end zone and win the game at the Rose Bowl.
    There's just a little bit of irony as Fitzgerald had the ball outmuscled and ripped from his hands just this pass Sunday for a Leinart interception, and Anquan Boldin had over five drops against the Rams, and has had some trouble with his hands this year.

But on a somewhat unrelated note, I hate when people trash the QB rating (which isn't perfect) and then go on to site wins/losses as a legitimate measure of which to judge quarterbacks. It isn't. Wins and losses should only be used to judge a team's performance, whereas statistics were created for the sole purpose of determining an individual's performance. No players are "immune" to stats. If Vince had been playing at the same level this last month over the course of the entire year, he'd be ROY. Both Colston and Ryans have been playing at a high level the entire season (consistency is the most important trait of a player) and therefore are more deserving.
    I am willing to bet you any amount of money that the Titans receivers have dropped more balls on Vince, and let more catchable or just deflectable balls get intercepted. That and Edge is an above average receiver out of the backfield. No Vince isn't immune to stats, but look at the games he has won, he has used his legs very effectively, for example in the Texans game. Look at the Titans before Vince and look at them after, before Vince most people thought they would have a top 5 draft pick for sure, but he turned it around. What has Leinart done? If your team is losing it's the quarterbacks job to play to win and put his stats in the back seat. Carr had the highest qb rating in the NFL earlier this season, but the Texans weren't doing anything except losing. Vince's added dimension of being able to run the ball makes him better than Leinart easily. There is no doubt in my mind about Vince's superiority to Leinart.

Comment

1: Vince Young
      2: Mo Drew
      3: Colston

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan54
        1: Devin Hester
        2: Vince Young
        3: Mo Drew
        4: Colston
        :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Devin Hester
          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

If Hester wins it, I'll stop watching football all together.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown
              Good for you.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                Good for you.
                Quite.

Comment

Being a Browns fan should have done that years ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                    Good for you.
                    Quite.
                    You enamour me with your incredible intellectualness (yes I know it's not a word) and knowledge.

Hester should be in the discussion for it. Sure he can't win it but he's had arguably one of the biggest impacts of any rookie this season, while breaking a 25 year record for return TD's in a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Nice burn

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

OH BUUUUURRRRNNN!

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Nice burn
                          *Takes a bow*

I would know, I'm from Akron, am friends with Charlie, and it pains me to watch the Browns as well. Mostly just because they are the only option on television and are pathetic half the time, and just painful enough to lose at the end the other half.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Nice burn
                            *Takes a bow*

I would know, I'm from Akron, am friends with Charlie, and it pains me to watch the Browns as well. Mostly just because they are the only option on television and are pathetic half the time, and just painful enough to lose at the end the other half.
                            Didn't you play with Charlie at one time? And if you know him, let's see you get a pic.

Comment

• Meh. It doesn't hurt. Once they came back my spirit was broken rather quickly, so now I just watch because they're the Browns and I can't imagine rooting for anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
                                I am willing to bet you any amount of money that the Titans receivers have dropped more balls on Vince, and let more catchable or just deflectable balls get intercepted. That and Edge is an above average receiver out of the backfield. No Vince isn't immune to stats, but look at the games he has won, he has used his legs very effectively, for example in the Texans game. Look at the Titans before Vince and look at them after, before Vince most people thought they would have a top 5 draft pick for sure, but he turned it around. What has Leinart done? If your team is losing it's the quarterbacks job to play to win and put his stats in the back seat. Carr had the highest qb rating in the NFL earlier this season, but the Texans weren't doing anything except losing. Vince's added dimension of being able to run the ball makes him better than Leinart easily. There is no doubt in my mind about Vince's superiority to Leinart.
                                Although I didn't want to turn this into a Young/Leinart debate... here goes. There's no doubt that Arizona's receivers are better than Tennesee (although Fitz has been out with injury for awhile this season). However this is offset by the fact that Arizona has a much worse offensive line, and until last week no run game. Leinart did everything he could to win, leading the team on last minute drives in both the Kansas City and Chicago games, both oppurtunites blown by Neil Rackers. If Rob Bironas kicked for Arizona, then Leinart would be just as impressive and in the running for ROY. Vince might be able to run the ball better, but Leinart is the better passer. It's impossible to say which one is better as both have shown lots of poise and leadership. My point is that if Bironas doesn't hit that 60 yarder against Indy and Kiwanuka learns how to tackle then we wouldn't even be hearing Vince Young's name. It isn't just the quarterbacks responsibility to win or lose games. It's a team effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information