X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Per rotoworld:

Archuleta:
    (3/20/2007) Signed a three-year, $8.1 million contract. The deal includes $5 million guaranteed.

Adams:
    (3/25/2007) Signed a four-year contract. The deal included a $1 million signing bonus.

Brown:
    (3/26/2007) Signed a one-year, $2.2 million contract.

Considering Brown and Archuleta are 16-game starters, and Adams will be a considerable part of the rotation at tackle, there's nothing there that proves your point. Not to mention the signing of Archuleta will force the injury-prone Mike Brown to either restructure his contract or be cut outright.

19th doesn't qualify as top half of the league, last I checked.
    Archuleta is going to be PAID to play? ha

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Theres no way Chicago should release Brown simply because Archuleta is there. You shouldn't rely on a guy who was dreadful last year when you already have a very good player. Injury prone or not.
      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

He would be welcome on the lions :)

Comment

They need to try to trade Ogunleye, he's the overpaid one. Alex Brown is their best Defensive End. They just want Anderson rushing from the Weakside, the problem is that's where Brown is. They really need to do something with Ogunleye, he hasn't lived up to the contract.

Ogunleye-
          04: 12 games 37 tackles 5 sacks 3 FF
          05: 15 games 40 tackles 10 sacks 1 FF
          06: 14 games 43 tackles 6.5 sacks 1 FF

Brown-
          04:16 games 50 tackles 6 sacks 2 FF
          05:16 games 45 tackles 6 sacks 3 FF
          06:16 games 46 tackles 7 sacks 3 FF 2 INT

As you can see, Brown is a more healthy player (16 games each year), better against the run even playing on the weak side (tackles), and a bigger play maker. 2.5 less sacks overall, but the only year Ogunleye beat Brown in sacks was 05. And, Ogunleye is paid more, I think 5 mill a year. 2 years older also. Doesn't make sense to shop Brown. Shop Ogunleye, re-structure his deal or cut him on June 1st.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
            They need to try to trade Ogunleye, he's the overpaid one. Alex Brown is their best Defensive End. They just want Anderson rushing from the Weakside, the problem is that's where Brown is. They really need to do something with Ogunleye, he hasn't lived up to the contract.

Ogunleye-
            04: 12 games 37 tackles 5 sacks 3 FF
            05: 15 games 40 tackles 10 sacks 1 FF
            06: 14 games 43 tackles 6.5 sacks 1 FF

Brown-
            04:16 games 50 tackles 6 sacks 2 FF
            05:16 games 45 tackles 6 sacks 3 FF
            06:16 games 46 tackles 7 sacks 3 FF 2 INT

As you can see, Brown is a more healthy player (16 games each year), better against the run even playing on the weak side (tackles), and a bigger play maker. 2.5 less sacks overall, but the only year Ogunleye beat Brown in sacks was 05. And, Ogunleye is paid more, I think 5 mill a year. 2 years older also. Doesn't make sense to shop Brown. Shop Ogunleye, re-structure his deal or cut him on June 1st.
            I completely agree that Ogunleye has not been living up to his contract and in a perfect world he would have been kicked to the curb but his cap hit would be too big so he gets to sit pretty.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Alex Brown. I think he should stay and make ther best of his situation, he puts up good stats. Overall I thought he has a good attitude, he just wants more money because Ogunleye getting the big bucks.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

No he wants more money because he has no job security right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I still can't believe that the Bears didn't take the lance briggs trade though.

The Bears are set at DE. They have all the leverage in the world. They could care less what Alex Brown says.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information