Is Shawne Merriman Worthy of DPOY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Shawne Merriman Worthy of DPOY?

He leads the league in sacks and was suspended 4 games. Think about that. And he's a beast against the run, he forced 2 fumbles yesterday, he can do it all.

When he's on the field, he's easily been the most dynamic defender in the league this year.

But, does he deserve DPOY? He was afterall, suspended 4 games for substance abuse.

But if you look at his work, and not the off field problems, he's been the best defender in the league this year. Should he get it?

No, you get suspended, you don't win, plain and simple.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
      No, you get suspended, you don't win, plain and simple.
      I agree. It should go to him but he disqualified himself. He will win one of two more so don't worry.

Comment

Just keep in mind that if he doesn't get it, whoever does get it will essentially be a poser unless their name is Urlacher. No defensive player has been more dominant on the field than Shawne this year, and the numbers don't even tell the whole story. He's forced interceptions, ruined countless plays with his constant pressure, and to boot nobody runs on him.

That said, he won't get it. No dice. 4 game suspension.

Seriously watch this guy fly around it's insane. He had a flying leap from like twenty feet away to club somebody Igor had already mostly taken down.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
          Just keep in mind that if he doesn't get it, whoever does get it will essentially be a poser unless their name is Urlacher. No defensive player has been more dominant on the field than Shawne this year, and the numbers don't even tell the whole story. He's forced interceptions, ruined countless plays with his constant pressure, and to boot nobody runs on him.

Seriously watch this guy fly around it's insane. He had a flying leap from like twenty feet away to club somebody Igor had already mostly taken down.
          He's the most dynamic rushbacker Ive seen since Derrick Thomas. If he works on his pass coverage, he could be a mini Lawrence Taylor. He is that dominant. Only time will tell if he can maintain this type of play throughout his career, but right here right now I see some LT in him.

Comment

I think he should get it, but he won't.

Comment

no way... He's not been good enough to over-come the substance abuse thing-a-ma-jig.

Had he been the clearcut best defensive player in the league, then I would have thought he deserved it, but with the way Urlacher, Bailey, and Taylor have been playing, I don't think he should get it

Comment

Jason Taylor will get it.

Comment

I don't think he should get it either because of the substance abuse. But had it not been for that, he'd easily be the front runner in my opinion.

Forget the stats, watch him play. He's a gamechanger. He makes special plays, and he's all over the place.

Still, I'll be curious to see how he performs next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings Fan
                    Jason Taylor will get it.
                    QFT.
                    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Wrong. Don't be a homer, Jason Taylor has been dominant this year too and he deserves it.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I just have a problem with giving it to a guy who didn't lead his team to the playoffs.

Comment

I just have a problem with giving it to a guy who didn't lead his team to the playoffs.
                          And Merriman was out for four games.

For DROY, the whole playoff thing doesn't quite work since it is more unit. Where as for OROY, a RB or QB can really do it themselves and put points on the board.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I personally dont like Jason Taylor but you cant look past his season this year. Even if he didnt lead his team to the playoffs at least he didnt cheat.

Comment

Steriods or not, I still would give it to Jason Taylor.

1. Jason Taylor
                              2. Champ Bailey
                              3. Merriman

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information