Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shawne Merriman Worthy of DPOY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JBond93
    Originally posted by ChargerCohen
    I just have a problem with giving it to a guy who didn't lead his team to the playoffs.
    And Merriman was out for four games.

    For DROY, the whole playoff thing doesn't quite work since it is more unit. Where as for OROY, a RB or QB can really do it themselves and put points on the board.
    The difference is, I already said Merriman shouldn't get it, so I don't know why you'd mention him in reference to JT.

    and it's D P O Y unless they are rookies.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ChargerCohen
      Originally posted by JBond93
      Originally posted by ChargerCohen
      I just have a problem with giving it to a guy who didn't lead his team to the playoffs.
      And Merriman was out for four games.

      For DROY, the whole playoff thing doesn't quite work since it is more unit. Where as for OROY, a RB or QB can really do it themselves and put points on the board.
      The difference is, I already said Merriman shouldn't get it, so I don't know why you'd mention him in reference to JT.

      and it's D P O Y unless they are rookies.
      Player yes as in not Team so really going to the playoffs doesnt matter. Look at Ed Reed he won it and they didnt make the playoffs that year I believe.

      Jason Taylor has been dominant this year and doesnt need to be a lying cheater to be good. Unlike Bonds, Big Mac and this merriman and castillo for SD. Perhaps they shared their roids?

      Comment


      • #18
        Does anyone want to make a definitive statement about the size of Merriman's arms now comapred to last year? I thought he looked smaller yesterday but maybe it's just me.
        Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

        "Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

        Comment


        • #19
          No, he has been on roids this season, just because he was out four games doesn't mean his strength and speed from using them is gone.


          Also, no, he can't do it all, he never drops back and isn't really good enough to even consider that. His skill pass rusher masks that because their is no point in dropping him back.

          Comment


          • #20


            No.

            Oldie but a goodie.

            Comment


            • #21


              No.

              Oldie but a goodie.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JBond93
                No, you get suspended, you don't win, plain and simple.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Yes. Steroid rumors didn't keep Bonds from winning seven MVP's. It isn't a man of the year award. The question is, is he worthy of the DPOY award and the answer is plainly yes. That so many people voted no is just biased and stupid. Get over yourselves.
                  aka KGB Chicken

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by JBond93
                    No, you get suspended, you don't win, plain and simple.
                    Ditto....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
                      Yes. Steroid rumors didn't keep Bonds from winning seven MVP's. It isn't a man of the year award. The question is, is he worthy of the DPOY award and the answer is plainly yes. That so many people voted no is just biased and stupid. Get over yourselves.
                      I say no (although I didn't vote) because I don't think he deserves it, it has nothing to do with steroids. If you miss 1/4th of the season, I don't care how well you play the other 12, you don't deserve it, I don't care if it's because you're on crack or your hurt your foot bowling.

                      Plus, he's not the leader of his team, and he's at least partially responsible for one the Chargers only two losses this year (trying to decapitate Todd Heap at the 2 yard line rather than simply tackling him).

                      Merriman is a tremendous player, and likely will win the award sometime in his career, but not this year.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        wow, schobel is tied for the league lead in sacks. nice
                        London Fletcher top 5 dpoy candidate

                        All Bills aside, Taylor should win it

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                          wow, schobel is tied for the league lead in sacks. nice
                          London Fletcher top 5 dpoy candidate

                          All Bills aside, Taylor should win it
                          It didn't wind up in a sack, but did you see this one play?

                          The commentators go "Dbrick is having his hands full with Schobel" and the very next play, Schobel absolutely slams Dbrick on the floor and goes right at Pennington who threw it away to avoid a sack.

                          That was crazy...he destroyed Dbrick yesterday.

                          And Im starting to turn the corner on Schobel...he's been very good this year and last year.

                          I mentioned Merriman and not Schobel because Merriman did it with 4 less games, and as a Rushbacker.

                          And yes, Fletcher is like Zach Thomas...no love for a great player.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
                            Yes. Steroid rumors didn't keep Bonds from winning seven MVP's. It isn't a man of the year award. The question is, is he worthy of the DPOY award and the answer is plainly yes. That so many people voted no is just biased and stupid. Get over yourselves.
                            I say no (although I didn't vote) because I don't think he deserves it, it has nothing to do with steroids. If you miss 1/4th of the season, I don't care how well you play the other 12, you don't deserve it, I don't care if it's because you're on crack or your hurt your foot bowling.

                            Plus, he's not the leader of his team, and he's at least partially responsible for one the Chargers only two losses this year (trying to decapitate Todd Heap at the 2 yard line rather than simply tackling him).

                            Merriman is a tremendous player, and likely will win the award sometime in his career, but not this year.
                            No offense, but I think that is a ridiculously dumb qualifier that a player must play in all of his team's games to win a major award. He's played in enough games to tie for the league lead in sacks. I don't know what else the guy needs to do.

                            To clarify, the topic said is Shawne Merriman worthy of DPOY and that is yes. Should he win it is up for debate, but he should without a doubt be in the mix. Anything less is biased nonsense.
                            aka KGB Chicken

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              It didn't wind up in a sack, but did you see this one play?

                              The commentators go "Dbrick is having his hands full with Schobel" and the very next play, Schobel absolutely slams Dbrick on the floor and goes right at Pennington who threw it away to avoid a sack.

                              That was crazy...he destroyed Dbrick yesterday.

                              Yeah I flipped over and saw that play. It lends some credence to the concern some had over D'Brick before the draft, his lean build leaving him vunerable to power rushes.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
                                Yes. Steroid rumors didn't keep Bonds from winning seven MVP's. It isn't a man of the year award. The question is, is he worthy of the DPOY award and the answer is plainly yes. That so many people voted no is just biased and stupid. Get over yourselves.
                                I say no (although I didn't vote) because I don't think he deserves it, it has nothing to do with steroids. If you miss 1/4th of the season, I don't care how well you play the other 12, you don't deserve it, I don't care if it's because you're on crack or your hurt your foot bowling.

                                Plus, he's not the leader of his team, and he's at least partially responsible for one the Chargers only two losses this year (trying to decapitate Todd Heap at the 2 yard line rather than simply tackling him).

                                Merriman is a tremendous player, and likely will win the award sometime in his career, but not this year.
                                No offense, but I think that is a ridiculously dumb qualifier that a player must play in all of his team's games to win a major award. He's played in enough games to tie for the league lead in sacks. I don't know what else the guy needs to do.

                                To clarify, the topic said is Shawne Merriman worthy of DPOY and that is yes. Should he win it is up for debate, but he should without a doubt be in the mix. Anything less is biased nonsense.
                                I can't see somebody who was suspended for violating the substance abuse policy winning the DPOY award. It just won't happen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information