X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
    Yes. Steroid rumors didn't keep Bonds from winning seven MVP's. It isn't a man of the year award. The question is, is he worthy of the DPOY award and the answer is plainly yes. That so many people voted no is just biased and stupid. Get over yourselves.
    Streriod rumors vs. actually getting caught. There is a huge difference. Shawne Merriman was actually caught using performance enhancing drugs--tainting the game. He does not now, nor does he ever deserve any award.
    Then let me clarify. Bonds admitted steroid usage to a grand jury. Therefore, no difference. To say that Merriman does not ever deserve an award is laughable. As long as he's allowed to play in the NFL he is deserving of any award that his performance warrants. The level of self righteousness in your post is amazing.
    Well, perhaps he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Yes. Steroid rumors didn't keep Bonds from winning seven MVP's. It isn't a man of the year award. The question is, is he worthy of the DPOY award and the answer is plainly yes. That so many people voted no is just biased and stupid. Get over yourselves.
      Streriod rumors vs. actually getting caught. There is a huge difference. Shawne Merriman was actually caught using performance enhancing drugs--tainting the game. He does not now, nor does he ever deserve any award.
      Then let me clarify. Bonds admitted steroid usage to a grand jury. Therefore, no difference. To say that Merriman does not ever deserve an award is laughable. As long as he's allowed to play in the NFL he is deserving of any award that his performance warrants. The level of self righteousness in your post is amazing.
      Can we disband the Raiders while we're at it, having employed Lyle Alzado and Bill Romanowski?
      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

As a Broncos fan, I concur.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Can we disband the Raiders while we're at it, having employed Lyle Alzado and Bill Romanowski?
          Did I say we were going to disband the Chargers? No. I said maybe Merriman should not be allowed to play in the NFL.

I think the punishment for using steroids, first time, should be at least 1 full year. A second offense at any point during the rest of the player's career would be a lifetime ban.

Yes, Romo used steroids. Yes, Alzado used steroids. (although I don't know if they were illegal at the point) So did Barrett Robbins and Chris Cooper. I'm glad that all of them are gone from the Raiders. I find it incredibly disgusting when people try to illegally cut corners to make themselves better. When people artificially raise the level of the playing field. It's despicable to me. Shawne Merriman knew EXACTLY what he was doing as he was taking the steroids. There is absolutely no excuse. All he receives is a 4 game suspension? PLEASE!

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

i couldn't really care less, although i think taylor is more deserving, but his stats from yesterday shouldn't be a big exclamation point on his year as he was abusing the equivalent of a high school left tackle.

my vote would be no on him if i had a gun to my head, but then, i think san diego fans are only defending him because he's on san diego. had peyton manning been caught with steroids, i'm sure they'd be jumping all over themselves to agree that it should disqualify him from contending with LT for the award.

Comment

my vote would be no on him if i had a gun to my head, but then, i think san diego fans are only defending him because he's on san diego. had peyton manning been caught with steroids, i'm sure they'd be jumping all over themselves to agree that it should disqualify him from contending with LT for the award.
              Well the big anti-Merriman fans are either rivals (NIP, easyb) or fans of the team that took Ware over him (dwaresackmachine). There is an agenda either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                Well the big anti-Merriman fans are either rivals (NIP, easyb) or fans of the team that took Ware over him (dwaresackmachine). There is an agenda either way.
                sure, there always is here. although honestly, i haven't seen many AFC West folks calling for peyton for MVP over LT. *shrug*

Comment

I'm a Chargers fan so if anything I have a pro-merriman agenda if anything.

He plain doesn't deserve the award over Jason Taylor (and Champ Bailey IMO) at this point. That's putting the steriod issue aside and treating it like an injury.

That being said, I do think he's the best defensive player in the AFC.

Comment

Where do I fall under that?

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                      you're a jason taylor homer.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                        you're a jason taylor homer.
                        What about before the JT4MVP stuff when he was first suspended?

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

No, by "anti-Merriman" I mean those who consider that 'he was caught once, he will always be considered a cheater' group.

Comment

No, by "anti-Merriman" I mean those who consider that 'he was caught once, he will always be considered a cheater' group.
                            Yah those people need to get laid or go outside more. BTW I think Champ's stock has dropped quite a bit with a 4 game nosedive. It's probably down to Taylor, Peppers and Urlacher.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                              Yah those people need to get laid or go outside more. BTW I think Champ's stock has dropped quite a bit with a 4 game nosedive. It's probably down to Taylor, Peppers and Urlacher.
                              Or you could grow a set of morals.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                                Yah those people need to get laid or go outside more.
                                brilliant response. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information