• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
    Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
    How ironic, Jason Taylor and the Dolphins steal protection signals. I wonder how many people think that his "cheating" invalidates his DPOY chances. :roll:
    link it.
    There is no way you can compare using steroids and stealing signals. No way
    yeah, found the thread below. i'm curious, if you were going to make that comparison, where, in the rules, stealing signs is illegal. i can find the passage that makes certain substances illegal if the charger fans are going to try to argue next that it's somehow the same thing.
    its so stupid how people think that little voice thing makes a team a cheater..... seriosly, if you whine that you lost because of some voice recording then you've got issues.....

Go Ravens!

Comment

no Merrimen does not deserve it. Hes tested positive for steroids. We should all think about that for a second. He took a drug that upped his physical state of being. He took a drug that gave him an advantage over his opponents. Does he Merrimen have great talent? Yes. But how much of his physical play is all natural? How much is his ability gym work or is it chemical?

My question to the fans is how can we give a guy an award with these questions lingering about him?

If Urlacher took steroids I would immediately discount anything hes done. Anybody who takes them doesnt deserve an award. Does a cheater who stole someones answers deserve the A he gets? Definately not. Im sure most ppl will retaliate to this by saying "well im sure you've cheated." Yes I have. But i am not getting payed to play a game. I am not a guy that can devote all my time to practicing, and weight lifting to become stronger.

well thats the end of my rant. I think it was a damn good rant if I do say so myself.
      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by weezer1195
        I dont understand Chargers fans. How can you defend a player on your team who took steroids? Personally if a player on my team got caught Id hate them for the rest of my life. And I would because they let me down. Merriman let every fan of the chargers and the NFL down by taking steroids. He soiled his reputation and gained negative attention for his team. He thought of himself not what his actions effects would be on his teammates, the kids who looked up to him, and the reputation of the league's players. He looked in the face of every fan and lied to them when he said he was clean and a product of hardwork and nature. Thats why he doesnt deserve it. And that is why he should be held accountable for his actions and not have excuses made for him by "fans" of the chrgers who should hold him to higher standards than the rest of the league.
        Merriman hasn't let me down at all. Steroids is the biggest boogeyman in pro sports today and the media has taken it and run with it, and brainwashed a lot of impressionable people as well. I suggest you spend some serious time in a gym sometime and figure out that steroids are a part of life.

*snip*

This is sports and entertainment. It's funny and disturbing at the same time that who I assume to be grown men act like girls over an issue like steroids. Steroids have been around for years folks, and they're here to stay.
        that's absolutely pathetic. steroids were NEVER a part of my high school's weight program. they were NEVER a part of the weight program of the college i played at.

by this disgusting reasoning, all sports should just legalize them, and, should actually push their athletes to take them. because, they're such a part of sports.

this is just homerism. that's the only honest explanation for the lengths you're going to.
        Whether steroid use is ethical or not in pro sports is up for debate. I'm not condoning it neccessarily, only trying to raise the awareness of this issue. Please try to follow along.

The NFL has a policy in place. If Merriman wishes to be an NFL player, he has to abide by that policy. He says he made a mistake. He knows he can't be a steroid user and be in the NFL.

The poster I responded to seemed to be calling out Chargers fans for supporting their player, asking why we're not ashamed of him. Why should we be? He apologized for it. If this was cocaine and not steroids, people wouldn't be going to the lengths that THEY'RE going to (calling for him to be banned, saying every fan of the NFL should be ashamed of him).

I think the whole steroid issue in team sports is highly overblown (this is an aside from the Merriman issue, ive thought this for years about Baseball as well). Maybe they should be outlawed, but to slander and shame players with a positive test here or there is wrong. Steroids don't have the dramatic effect people assume they have and aren't nearly as harmful as the media makes them out to be. In fact I believe pro sports should encourage the use of safe steroids that help with recovery times and reduce the risk of serious injury to players.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

That's because in sports it's better to be a coke-head than a cheater. The entire balance of sports is based on fairness, whether or not that is a myth is clearly up for debate, but that's why steroids produces a more virulent reaction than drug use. It has very little to do with the social effects.

And the reaction to steroids in football is NOTHING compared to baseball. Mostly because football isn't nearly as statistically driven.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            That's because in sports it's better to be a coke-head than a cheater. The entire balance of sports is based on fairness, whether or not that is a myth is clearly up for debate, but that's why steroids produces a more virulent reaction than drug use. It has very little to do with the social effects.

And the reaction to steroids in football is NOTHING compared to baseball. Mostly because football isn't nearly as statistically driven.
            Well, it is a myth. It isn't fair that the New York Yankees have an unlimited amount of resources to get the best players while the Padres are limited. It isn't fair that Denver has high altitude and road teams are at a major disadvantage. It isn't fair that Shaq is fouled much harder and more frequently than a guard in basketball.

If people want to believe Merriman is a cheater, that's fine because it's ultimately not important. As long as he doesn't get in trouble again he'll be in the NFL and continue to perform well. Kansas City, Denver and Oakland fans really can't lecture San Diego on fairness anyway. Those teams have had every issue from steroids, cheap shots, "holy roller" plays, low blocking techniques and everything in between.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Well, it is a myth. It isn't fair that the New York Yankees have an unlimited amount of resources to get the best players while the Padres are limited. It isn't fair that Denver has high altitude and road teams are at a major disadvantage. It isn't fair that Shaq is fouled much harder and more frequently than a guard in basketball.

If people want to believe Merriman is a cheater, that's fine because it's ultimately not important. As long as he doesn't get in trouble again he'll be in the NFL and continue to perform well. Kansas City, Denver and Oakland fans really can't lecture San Diego on fairness anyway. Those teams have had every issue from steroids, cheap shots, "holy roller" plays, low blocking techniques and everything in between.
              :roll:

Stop whining.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski

Stop whining.
                Nobody's whining. The Broncos' cowardly blocking style is what it is. Just don't lecture anyone else on fairness and ethics.
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I beg you, tell me how the holy roller was illegal, there was no such rule that prohibited what happened.

Comment

Stop whining.
                    Nobody's whining. The Broncos' cowardly blocking style is what it is. Just don't lecture anyone else on fairness and ethics.
                    So you mean cheating, and putting harmful things in your body that not only send the wrong message to kids, but gives a player an unfair advantage, is equal to a perfectly legal and strategically benificial maneuver. Okay there, Einstein.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski

Stop whining.
                      So you mean cheating, and putting harmful things in your body that not only send the wrong message to kids, but gives a player an unfair advantage, is equal to a perfectly legal and strategically benificial maneuver. Okay there, Einstein.
                      Didn't the Broncos win two championships with admitted "cheater" Bill Romanowski? Are you ashamed of your two championships? Are you all for giving them back?
                      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• was denver's altitude actually compared to steroids in an unfairness debate? at least it's now clear that this thread has turned into a joke.

that is, assuming that saying steroids are "far safer" than the MEDIA makes us believe hadn't done that already.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Diego Chicken

Stop whining.
                          Didn't the Broncos win two championships with admitted "cheater" Bill Romanowski? Are you ashamed of your two championships? Are you all for giving them back?
                          Okay so we go from you trying to say cut blocking is dirty to talking about one player on the Broncos championship defense.

Originally posted by Associate Press
                          NEW YORK -- Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.
                          OH! WAIT A MINUTE!! He was clean when he won those super bowls. Awwww, gee.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                            was denver's altitude actually compared to steroids in an unfairness debate? at least it's now clear that this thread has turned into a joke.

that is, assuming that saying steroids are "far safer" than the MEDIA makes us believe hadn't done that already.
                            Care to dispute either of those two statements?
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
                              was denver's altitude actually compared to steroids in an unfairness debate? at least it's now clear that this thread has turned into a joke.

Care to dispute either of those two statements?
                              I guess San Diego's heatand beautiful weather are cheating. I guess Lambeau field's coldness is cheating then.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski

Stop whining.
                                Okay so we go from you trying to say cut blocking is dirty to talking about one player on the Broncos championship defense.

Originally posted by Associate Press
                                NEW YORK -- Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.
                                OH! WAIT A MINUTE!! He was clean when he won those super bowls. Awwww, gee.
                                So he was clean because he says he was clean? Why is Romanowski credible while Merriman isn't?
                                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information