Is Shawne Merriman Worthy of DPOY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
    How ironic, Jason Taylor and the Dolphins steal protection signals. I wonder how many people think that his "cheating" invalidates his DPOY chances. :roll:
    Can you be a little more blantantly a homer?

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
      Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
      Originally posted by njx9
      certain steroid users claim they're fine? are you kidding? certain cigarette smokers have told me that they're not unhealthy. so everyone should light up, right? please.

and it's a bloody medical article used for doctors who are prescribing the steroid for users, it's not a media clip that i quoted. for christ's sake. the rationalization is amazing.
      Except you have study after study that have definitively linked cigarette smoking to all sorts of health problems, and few such studies have done the same for steroids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaboli...misconceptions

"Another common misconception purveyed in popular culture and the media include the myth that anabolic steroids are highly dangerous and users' mortality rates are high. Anabolic steroids are used widely in the medical field without any serious health risks to users[32][33][34], and no scientific evidence has shown any long-term serious health defects from correct use of anabolic steroids. While risk of death is present in many drugs, the risk of premature death from use of anabolic steroids seems to be extremely low.[35] It is possible this myth gained popularity from claims that Lyle Alzado died from brain cancer caused by anabolic steroids. Alzado himself had claimed that his cancer was caused by anabolic steroids. However, there is no medical evidence anabolic steroids can cause brain cancer and Alzado's own doctors admitted anabolic steroids had nothing to do with his death.[36]"
      Nice. You cite an "encyclopedia" that is written by internet users. Way to back up your argment.
      One that is properly referenced 57 times :roll:

Don't let that stop you though.
      You are dillusional if you think anabolic steroids aren't a major health risk. Yes, medical professionals use them to treat illnesses. This has NOTHING to do with the way athletes use steroids to maximize performance. They are completely different things. If steroids could be used without any health risks, people would be using them like vitamins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finsfan79
        How ironic, Jason Taylor and the Dolphins steal protection signals. I wonder how many people think that his "cheating" invalidates his DPOY chances. :roll:

Right, and every player in the NFL should be suspended for watching game film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finsfan79

That was called sarcasm.

And I merely offered a different viewpoint of the steroid issue for those questioning the veracity of the sources. You can believe what you wish to believe.
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Wow, this thread has turned into a complete joke.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79

That was called sarcasm.

And I merely offered a different viewpoint of the steroid issue for those questioning the veracity of the sources. You can believe what you wish to believe.
              Yes, and you can believe that the earth is flat all you want, but it still does not make it true, now does it? Does it change the facts of the issue? You can believe that you are physically able to jump off of a building unaided and fly like a bird. But the stunning reality will be that, depending on the height of your jump, a few second/minutes later, you will splat on the ground.

Belief does not change fact.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular

That was called sarcasm.

Yes, and you can believe that the earth is flat all you want, but it still does not make it true, now does it? Does it change the facts of the issue? You can believe that you are physically able to jump off of a building unaided and fly like a bird. But the stunning reality will be that, depending on the height of your jump, a few second/minutes later, you will splat on the ground.

How does a guy using Legal video aids.... compare to a guy busted for taking illegal substances. Jason Taylor didn't get busted for Steroids, he used video tape that is by all means legal... just because Dolphins are the one that used it and won... is no reason that someone that took steroids should get it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular

That was called sarcasm.

Well there are certain studies with quantum physics and such that try to argue other wise, but that is a different story.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

• Wow, this thread has gone to ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Wow, this thread has gone to ***********.
                      are you implying that it started out someplace else?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I think most people misinterpreted my question. I asked if he's worthy of consideration for DPOY. I wasn't lobbying for it. In terms of production, I say yes, he is worthy, but factor in the steroid issues, I say he doesn't deserve it.

Then the thread became a steroid thread and ethics, no one is debating that steroids is illegal etc, the purpose of the thread was to ask if his game warranted consideration for the award. It got misinterpreted and the thread went to you know what.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I think most people misinterpreted my question. I asked if he's worthy of consideration for DPOY. I wasn't lobbying for it. In terms of production, I say yes, he is worthy, but factor in the steroid issues, I say he doesn't deserve it.

Then the thread became a steroid thread and ethics, no one is debating that steroids is illegal etc, the purpose of the thread was to ask if his game warranted consideration for the award. It got misinterpreted and the thread went to you know what.
                          i don't think anyone would argue that, if you'd just posted his numbers without a name, he'd be, at worst, a close second (i still think taylor's been a better player, but it's not by more than a hair), so the argument changed to something a bit mroe debatable. *shrug* at least you inspired passioned debate.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information