No announcement yet.

Who is #1 Player for each Position?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love the fact that ive seen as many as 3 uga players on ppls list....mack strong, champ and seymour

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
      it really blows my mind how many ppl think urlacher is the best mlb.....2 or 3 years ago he was no.1 on cbs sportslines most overrated player..which i completely agree with...im not sayin he is bad but he is not the best id take ray lewis and zach thomas over over him with out havin to think about it..now im about to give u some numbers to back up my opinion and dont say he has lesser stats becuz he gets double teamed or anything stupid like that becuz RL and ZT get every bit as much attention from offenses that he does....

ray lewis has avg..9.3 tkls a game over his career he has had at least 150 tkls in 4 of his 12 seasons....zach thomas has avg 9.6 tkls a game and has had 150 tkls or more in 6 of his 12 seasons...urlacher has avg 7.3 tkls a game and has had at least 150 tkls only once in his 8 seasons...also briggs actually had more solo tkls this year then urlacher...id be willin to be that zt has let had an olb on his team have more tkls then him....again im not sayin urlacher is bad....but ppl get carried away i think...i dont kno if its cuz he plays for the bears and they have a history with mlbs or what but he is not the best and im open for anyone to point out even 1 thing that shows he is better then the 2 i named
      Donnie Edwards consistently is in the top five in tackles in the NFL. He's not the best, or one of the best MLB though, because stats, especially tackles are not what defines a player.

In addition you are using career numbers when the thread is asking for the best player right now. I'm not doing the research right now, but I'd be willing to bet Lewis' and Thomas' recent tackling stats are not as high as you have them for their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        Donnie Edwards consistently is in the top five in tackles in the NFL. He's not the best, or one of the best MLB though, because stats, especially tackles are not what defines a player.

In addition you are using career numbers when the thread is asking for the best player right now. I'm not doing the research right now, but I'd be willing to bet Lewis' and Thomas' recent tackling stats are not as high as you have them for their careers.
        go ahead and look ZT has more tkls over the last 5 years then BL

Comment

donnie edwards avg about 7.5 tkls a game and has 3 of his 12 seasons over 150...but 1 reasons he has so many tkls is he has only missed like 3 games in 12 years

Comment

go ahead and look ZT has more tkls over the last 5 years then BL
            Okay...over the last five years. What a player did in 2001, 2002 has no bearing on the current player they are.

Urlacher is also the anchor of the strongest defense in the past 2-3 years, which is why he gets a lot of the credit he does.

And tackles are not a reliable, or strong, indicator of a player's ability or impact by any means. If it was than Edwards would be the best MLB in the NFL for the past couple years....but he clearly has not been.

Comment

donnie edwards avg about 7.5 tkls a game and has 3 of his 12 seasons over 150...but 1 reasons he has so many tkls is he has only missed like 3 games in 12 years
              Right, but then his tkls a game stats are adjusted accordinly to the games he played...just like Lewis' and Thomas' would be. And still, tackles...not a great indicator of talent.

Comment

last 5 years...ZT 776 TKLS....BL 599....thats a pretty big difference

Comment

ok we will go with 2006 then ZT 165 tkls BL 141...and how do u figure tkls isnt a good indicator? that doesnt even make any sense...so i guess a lb with less tkls is better then one with more? and im not talkin about 1 season either...

Comment

and edwards hasnt had more tkls then thomas or lewis

Comment

last 5 years...ZT 776 TKLS....BL 599....thats a pretty big difference
                      Right, and like I said....tackles do not indicate a players ability on defense. There are so many other factor that go into being a defensive player, and the best around at that.

I haven't said that ZT and RL aren't great players, but they aren't as good as Urlacher anymore. You can chalk up ZT's tackles to anything, more plays on defense, less impact players around him that force him to make all the tackles, more teams run against them, etc. Tackles are not a good stat to judge players by...no stats are good to judge players by.

Kitna threw for more yards then Carson Palmer last year, Cato June had more tackles then Urlacher, but no one would say he's a better player just based off of that.

Comment

ok we will go with 2006 then ZT 165 tkls BL 141...and how do u figure tkls isnt a good indicator?
                        And how do I figure tackles aren't a good indicator? Because of all the external factors regarding the tackles, and the actaul innacuracies involved with that kind of stat-keeping, thats how. A better indicator, if you are going to use tackles, are solo tackles. In which, last year Thomas had 103 to Urlacher's 92. Not a huge difference.

that doesnt even make any sense...so i guess a lb with less tkls is better then one with more? and im not talkin about 1 season either...
                        Don't try and make a ridiculous absurd statement to make it sound like what I am saying is absurd, its not. Why would I ever say that less tackles is better? I said the innacuraices, and exterior factors that go into tackles make it a relatviely insignifcant stat, not that it carries no weight.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                          Right, and like I said....tackles do not indicate a players ability on defense. There are so many other factor that go into being a defensive player, and the best around at that.

I haven't said that ZT and RL aren't great players, but they aren't as good as Urlacher anymore. You can chalk up ZT's tackles to anything, more plays on defense, less impact players around him that force him to make all the tackles, more teams run against them, etc. Tackles are not a good stat to judge players by...no stats are good to judge players by.

Kitna threw for more yards then Carson Palmer last year, Cato June had more tackles then Urlacher, but no one would say he's a better player just based off of that.
                          ok like i said im not talkin about 1 years worth of stats..anyone can have a good year. but ZT consitantly has put up better numbers and to say numbers dont matter isnt smart...i guess we should down play LT scoring alot of tds becuz he gets the ball alot....or manning throwing for alot or yards cuz the colts pass alot...its not like were talkin about a handfull of tkls almost 200 more over the past 5 years come on now

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                            QB - Peyton Manning
                            RB - State the bleedingly obvious
                            FB - Lorenzo Neal
                            WR - Marvin Harrison
                            OT - Marcus McNeil
                            OG - Steve Hutchinson
                            C - Nick Mangold
                            DE - Julius Peppers
                            DT - Vince Wilfork
                            OLB - Shawne Merriman/AJ Hawk
                            MLB - Brian Urlacher
                            CB - Champ Bailey
                            S - Ed Reed

Surprisingly little debate at most positions.

I'm a Charger fan and even I wouldn't take Marcus McNeill over Walter Jones, Pace, Ogden or even Roaf off his couch. Maybe in a few years. The kid IS dominant, and was playing with two broken hands.

Comment

ok like i said im not talkin about 1 years worth of stats..anyone can have a good year. but ZT consitantly has put up better numbers and to say numbers dont matter isnt smart...i guess we should down play LT scoring alot of tds becuz he gets the ball alot....or manning throwing for alot or yards cuz the colts pass alot...its not like were talkin about a handfull of tkls almost 200 more over the past 5 years come on now
                              I didn't once say numbers weren't important, or anything like that so just stop putting words in my mouth.

Who cares what player has put up better numbers....Like I said Edwards has consistently put up better numbers then Urlacher, don't honestly tell me you'd rather have him then Urlacher. Stats are influenced by a lot of factors, and your bringing LT into the argument, or Manning doesn't change that. Should we disregard their numbers? If we're arguing whose the better player on stats alone then yes, we should. LT does touch the ball more in the redzone, it makes him more likely to score. The Colts do have a good passing attack, it makes it easier for Manning to succeed.

I don't care about their five year numbers, I don't care too much about their numbers....I acknowledge them but I don't judge a linebacker based on tackles alone.

Comment

ok well if u dont judge a LB by tkls then what do u judge him by? what does a LB have to do to be the best besides be 6'4 250 and wear number 54 and play for the bears

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information